unexpected but positive

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Bluebell said:
OK thank you! It's definitely powerful stuff :)
You're welcome. I'm so grateful to have it!

sweetpeat

Blossom said:
Peata said:
Blossom, what supplements do you take now?
Progest-e, 1/4 tablet cynoplus-daily
Cyproheptadine 1/4 -1/2 tablet most days
Lisuride 1/2 tablet twice a week
Recently took Diamox for about 3 weeks due to some edema from decreasing Progest-e and stopping thyroid to get labs drawn. I started feeling like it was dehydrating me so I've decided not to continue with it at this time.
I just reordered energin and estro-ban.
:D
Edit: niacinamide and aspirin

Blossom, I'm curious about why you take lisuride a couple times a week, rather than more frequently. Is it because the effects linger for a few days? Or some other reason? I'm not that familiar with lisuride but it sounds like an interesting supplement.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Sweetpeat- I was taking taking lisuride because of my prior issue with a 'benign pituitary tumor/prolactinoma'. I'm not certain if I still have the tumor because I haven't had a MRI in several years but it seems to have stopped secreting prolactin. I had my level tested last year and it was the lowest it had ever been. A couple weeks ago I stopped all supplements including lisuride with the plan to have some blood work before adding anything back just because things have changed so much. Lisuride really helped me but I'd prefer not to take it if I don't need to anymore!
I pretty much kept taking it intermittently because I was afraid of having the high prolactin symptoms return but so far so good. I will continue to see how things go and test my level again to make sure it's staying down but I hopefully the good nutrition and balancing my other hormones has solved the issue.

sweetpeat

Ok, thanks Blossom. I had read where some people found lisuride to be a powerful supplement, so I wondered if that was the reason behind the infrequent dosing. But it sounds more like you were doing more of a maintenance/preventive-type thing.

I hope you get great results from your lab work and find you need fewer supplements. Keep us posted; your story is very inspiring!

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
sweetpeat said:
Ok, thanks Blossom. I had read where some people found lisuride to be a powerful supplement, so I wondered if that was the reason behind the infrequent dosing. But it sounds more like you were doing more of a maintenance/preventive-type thing.

I hope you get great results from your lab work and find you need fewer supplements. Keep us posted; your story is very inspiring!
I certainly will sweetpeat!

Giraffe

I do not want to hijack the other thread ...

Blossom said:
post 102943 When I started consciously trying to increase my salt intake I would put about a pea sized amount in the palm of my hand and let it dissolve in my mouth and then chase it down with some liquid like juice or Coca-Cola.
I find it difficult to get enough sodium in my diet. The foods that work fine as a carrier for salt I do not eat so often. I hardly salted my food before I read Ray Peat's articles. Thanks for this tip.

I have read your whole log, and I frequently look up things again. It is awesome and inspiring! Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks giraffe. I'm glad you enjoyed it! It's harder for me to get salt when I do no starch. Broth, cottage cheese and eggs are always good with salt but I still have to parachute it regularly.

I appreciate all of your valuable contributions to the forum!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals