unexpected but positive

tara

sunmountain said:
It's very annoying that all the blouses nowadays have cleavage slits to waistline or nearabouts. I keep having to sew these up for work due to my cleavage that has gotten higher and then I can't get my head into the blouse and...sigh! You get the picture. I would have been fine with the smaller but right size boobs I started out with...is AA bigger than C cup?

AA is so small it's almost meaningless to wear a bra at all. D is bigger than C. There are 10AAs, sometimes 12As and 14Bs, but I'm tall, widish shouldered, and I want at least a 14 if not a 16 to go round my chest without digging in. (I think US numbers are different too, so 16 here might not be 16 there.)

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I had a voicemail today saying "The doctor reviewed your labs and you're fertile." Apparently I'm not menopausal as I was told (and treated for) back in 2012. I'm picking up the actual lab report tomorrow. Hopefully this information will help me be able begin to pinpoint where I'm at in my cycle so I can switch over from continuous to 2 week Progest-e dosing.

sunmountain

Wait...Blossom, aren't you and I around the same age? I'm 51. It's amazing that you can still be fertile! I had a uterine ablation done a couple of years ago due to crazy flooding, and I could never have imagined then that I could be fertile again.

Not that I miss my period or want another baby at this age, but I just couldn't imagine back then being fertile in late 40s or wherever you are, Blos.

I found Peat too late for reproductive health.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'm 45 and was diagnosed as in early menopause at 42. I believed it at the time and took the hormones for about a year and a half. After I discovered Peat and started making changes I began to doubt that I was really menopausal. I don't have a uterus so it's hard to judge but apparently this doc who reviewed the labs considers me fertile based on LH, FSH and estradiol. I guess when get the actual results tomorrow I'll do some research and see if I can figure out what they all mean. Obviously I'm not fertile in the sense that I can have children but certainly if I had a uterus it looks like I could.
Isn't it interesting that I took hormones for menopause and felt way worse but by making Peat inspired changes and using Progest-e I began to feel like a woman again. He really is a master at helping us restore hormonal health!

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
LH - 4.2 mIU/ml, FSH- 5.6 mIU/ml and estradiol- 92.7 pg/ml on 4/10/15. From here I'm going to go with the saliva ovulation kit and start cycling Progest-e and see how it goes. I had decreased my Progest-e dose to 3 drops per day for the last couple of months and none two days prior to the test to try and get to the bottom of this menopausal mystery. I did try tracking ovulation by temperature only first but it proved tricky due to changes in the seasons, changes in thyroid dose and little things that pop up like stress and a fever! A friend who is a nurse practitioner suggested I get these labs when I told her about my situation. It does make me happy that my one ovary is functioning so well! Even though I didn't believe the menopause diagnosis after discovering Peat having these labs to prove I'm not menopausal yet sure feels like a curse has been lifted. :D

SQu

Fantastic blossom, so good to hear! I find it encouraging to discover that ovaries do not have to or inevitably shut down after hysterectomy. As one hears.

Peat's_Girl

Blossom said:
I had a voicemail today saying "The doctor reviewed your labs and you're fertile." Apparently I'm not menopausal as I was told (and treated for) back in 2012. I'm picking up the actual lab report tomorrow. Hopefully this information will help me be able begin to pinpoint where I'm at in my cycle so I can switch over from continuous to 2 week Progest-e dosing.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks sueq and P_G!

InChristAlone

Wow your story is so inspiring Blossom! :thumbup:
It gives me hope that regeneration really is possible. I am feeling better lately but I went through a lot in the last year and at times really thought I had cancer or something, like my body was dieing. You mention that you possibly could have had a carcinoid tumor? What were your symptoms of high serotonin? I have started on cyproheptadine a few days ago and am feeling a lot better, like my adrenaline has come down a lot. Although it didn't stop the cramping from cascara, so I'm not sure what causes that, I asked Peat and he said estrogen/serotonin can cause the cramping. I also have the bulging veins so I'm hoping the progest-e will eventually take care of that although it hasn't cured the night sweats yet around my period. I will keep at it!

Peat's_Girl

Janelle525 said:
It gives me hope that regeneration really is possible. I am feeling better lately but I went through a lot in the last year and at times really thought I had cancer or something, like my body was dieing. You mention that you possibly could have had a carcinoid tumor? What were your symptoms of high serotonin? I have started on cyproheptadine a few days ago and am feeling a lot better, like my adrenaline has come down a lot. Although it didn't stop the cramping from cascara, so I'm not sure what causes that, I asked Peat and he said estrogen/serotonin can cause the cramping. I also have the bulging veins so I'm hoping the progest-e will eventually take care of that although it hasn't cured the night sweats yet around my period. I will keep at it!

I'm glad you're feeling better, Janelle. Keep taking Progest-E and don't forget your daily raw carrot.
I think you shouldn't be afraid to take HUGE amount of Progest-E because (supposedly) the initial introduction of progesterone into your body makes your body inclined to counterbalance with estrogen.
I've definitely been on the receiving end of this phenomenon and it made me stop taking it a few times.
If you feel cramping take more PE, as often and as much as it takes to feel relief.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Peata said:
Blossom, what supplements do you take now?
Progest-e, 1/4 tablet cynoplus-daily
Cyproheptadine 1/4 -1/2 tablet most days
Lisuride 1/2 tablet twice a week
Recently took Diamox for about 3 weeks due to some edema from decreasing Progest-e and stopping thyroid to get labs drawn. I started feeling like it was dehydrating me so I've decided not to continue with it at this time.
I just reordered energin and estro-ban.
:D
Edit: niacinamide and aspirin

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Janelle525 said:
I felt like I was dying too :( . I also diarrhea, unintended weight loss (BMI 17.5) and blood work that showed an elevated serotonin metabolite. Cyproheptadine was a lifesaver for me and still is ;) . The night sweats should calm down. I know they did for me. They returned recently when I decreased my Progest-e to 3 drops per day for a couple months to get some labs done. I certainly don't think I'd be living the life I am today if it weren't for Peat.

InChristAlone

Peat's_Girl said:
I'm glad you're feeling better, Janelle. Keep taking Progest-E and don't forget your daily raw carrot.
I think you shouldn't be afraid to take HUGE amount of Progest-E because (supposedly) the initial introduction of progesterone into your body makes your body inclined to counterbalance with estrogen.
I've definitely been on the receiving end of this phenomenon and it made me stop taking it a few times.
If you feel cramping take more PE, as often and as much as it takes to feel relief.

Thanks, I will keep trying with the progest-e, I am taking it 2nd half of my cycle. My cycle is only 25 days long lately, I asked Ray Peat if this was okay and he said 28 would be better, but the changing seasons to warmer longer days might give rise to changing length of the cycle.

Blossom said:
I felt like I was dying too :( . I also diarrhea, unintended weight loss (BMI 17.5) and blood work that showed an elevated serotonin metabolite. Cyproheptadine was a lifesaver for me and still is ;) . The night sweats should calm down. I know they did for me. They returned recently when I decreased my Progest-e to 3 drops per day for a couple months to get some labs done. I certainly don't think I'd be living the life I am today if it weren't for Peat.

Yeah I dropped down to about 3 drops a day lately, so I think i will try a lot more, the night sweats kinda scare me as I am only 29. I began getting hot flashes postpartum, I was tandem nursing and under a lot of stress. The night sweats didn't come til my menstrual cycle came back though. I am going to keep up with cypro for sure too.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Bluebell said:
Blossom, how many drops per day of progest-e are you on now?
I went up to 6 drops with 3 in the morning and 3 at night after my recent labs. I'm trying to keep it at that until I can pinpoint when I'm ovulating. I do feel like a bit more would be better but I'm on a mission to start cycling Progest-e so I'm trying to keep it as low as I can tolerate for now.

Bluebell

Thanks! I thought I was on 3 drops x 5 per day, but I've been making my drops very large so it's actually the equivalent of 15 drops x 5 per day, sometimes more. I think it knocked out some estrogen dominance. I'm thinking about continuing a high dose like this (the 2 weeks of each cycle).

I was wondering, why do you want to keep the progest-e as low as you can tolerate, if you are cycling?

P.S sorry to hijack your log, shall I repost in the supplement section?! ooops :oops:

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Oh, I'm not cycling yet! I'm trying to figure out my cycle still since I don't have a uterus. I figured I'd just keep it as low as possible for now until I get that figured out. I used to take much more and liked that better. I think your plan sounds great Bluebell!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals