Very severe chronic insomnia, how to violentely stop HPA axis.

cs3000

sodium bicarb helps reduce adrenaline , & the fruit / vegetables too late in the day can raise acetylcholine further (they inhibit acetylcholinesterase as a way to raise acetylcholine in pests), and acetylcholine probably already high in a stress state which can overstimulate the mind further. i noticed eating carrots / vegetables in evening gave me insomnia / more stressed nights

mattmm24

It's been a year since I had to sleep an average of 3 hours per night, these weeks I've basically been sleeping 7/8 hours per night...every other night, the other being a systematic sleepless night.
Unable to nap, I can “relax” but not to the point where I actually doze off and fade into sleep.
I feel quite wired, I'm obsessive and I can no longer immerse myself in "abstract imagination".

This is DESTROYING my life, if this doesn't change within a week or two I'm going to kill myself, really.

Benzodiazepines and anything gabaergic in general (including allopregnolone) help but only at very high doses.
But above all it targets "on the side", I can feel my body relaxing more, my anxiety decreasing etc etc but the fundamental problem is still there.

The only thing that worked was Mirtzapine, in 30 minutes I felt like when I was a child and I was struggling, "intoxicated" by fatigue and relaxation, and I fell asleep very easily (and above all intuitively!) a few minutes.
Except that it only worked for one night, from the second it was already not very effective then the medication simply stopped working, my body told me (NO SON OF A b****) and I became crazy again furious obsetional insomniac.

No dietary intervention has seemed to be meaningful at the moment, I don't know what to do anymore :(
Do a hair test and figure out if you are a fast or slow oxidizer. This is very meaningful. You could be taking the wrong supplements/medicine. Never underestimate one of RP most important topics. Calcium/phosphorous ratio. Do you get calcium in your diet? Vitamin d? I personally find sleep a lot harder when I am a slow oxidizer (thyroid isn’t working as well) than when I am a fast oxidizer. A lot of people are supplementing with stuff they shouldn’t be because they don’t understand what state their body is in. In general you need more b vitamins and a low fat diet if you are a slow oxidizer and you need more calcium/magnesium and more fat when you are overly fast.

FitnessMike

Update: I started Mirtazapine again and as expected it only worked for ONE NIGHT. And I just had a sleepless night right now.
It's because Mirtazapine wont fix your metabolism, it might give you temporary alleviation of symptoms at most.
I have been in this all adrenal fatigue/hpa axis dysfunction hole for way too long, if I knew that its metabolism-related and addressed it earlier, maybe I wouldn't be struggling to fix it like I do now.

ps: I even tried taking mirtazapine which failed to help

It's because Mirtazapine wont fix your metabolism, it might give you temporary alleviation of symptoms at most.
I have been in this all adrenal fatigue/hpa axis dysfunction hole for way too long, if I knew that its metabolism-related and addressed it earlier, maybe I wouldn't be struggling to fix it like I do now.

ps: I even tried taking mirtazapine which failed to help
I couldn't agree more.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals