What is the bodies main way to maintain thermogenesis?

GorillaHead

I am very curious about thermogenesis. Particularly uncoupling and why we dont uncouple more or at least some of us.

Today for the first time i took 150mg of dnp (please do not attempt replicating this, this drug is very dangerous).

I have only consumed 100 calories worth of food today and my body is toasty. Like perfect toasty. Like why cant our body provide levels of thermogenesis like this normally. Polar bears burn about 8k-12k calories a day and most of it for thermogenesis mainly.

So what are we missing even if thyroid seems to be fine?

The only times I have ever felt warm like this from prohormones and DNP.

redsun

I am very curious about thermogenesis. Particularly uncoupling and why we dont uncouple more or at least some of us.

Today for the first time i took 150mg of dnp (please do not attempt replicating this, this drug is very dangerous).

I have only consumed 100 calories worth of food today and my body is toasty. Like perfect toasty. Like why cant our body provide levels of thermogenesis like this normally. Polar bears burn about 8k-12k calories a day and most of it for thermogenesis mainly.

So what are we missing even if thyroid seems to be fine?

The only times I have ever felt warm like this from prohormones and DNP.
Because humans are adapted to survival in the wilderness. You would die faster from starvation if you just burned like a furnace constantly since you use more fuel.

It is about thyroid in the end. Even if your thyroid labs appear "normal". Iodine intake in my experience seems to be the most important thing. 200-300mcg a day is a good amount. Some are sensitive to iodine though where too much can actually make them hypothyroid or hyperthyroid so its important to experiment and find what works for you. So if your iodine intake is not at this level and very low than thats the first think I would try. Next to that is adequate iron status. Even without anemia low iron will increase your susceptibility to cold temperatures. But there is more to optimizing thyroid function than iodine and iron.

I attached an informative article where you can learn more about thermoregulation.

Attachments

• 10408399609527748.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
Trpm8 receptor downregulation from lack of cold exposure could be a reason.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Because humans are adapted to survival in the wilderness. You would die faster from starvation if you just burned like a furnace constantly since you use more fuel.

It is about thyroid in the end. Even if your thyroid labs appear "normal". Iodine intake in my experience seems to be the most important thing. 200-300mcg a day is a good amount. Some are sensitive to iodine though where too much can actually make them hypothyroid or hyperthyroid so its important to experiment and find what works for you. So if your iodine intake is not at this level and very low than thats the first think I would try. Next to that is adequate iron status. Even without anemia low iron will increase your susceptibility to cold temperatures. But there is more to optimizing thyroid function than iodine and iron.

I attached an informative article where you can learn more about thermoregulation.
Thank you. Ill check it out

This is very interesting because I often find people with fat sweat like crazy and are hot. At leasy my friend is. He is always hot. Yet i am like 14% body fat and I am more cold. So i guess my body has lowered the need for thermoregulatiom because i dont have much fat stores left?

Cause ideally i would think the body would would regulate thermogenesis based on the energy available

redsun

This is very interesting because I often find people with fat sweat like crazy and are hot. At leasy my friend is. He is always hot. Yet i am like 14% body fat and I am more cold. So i guess my body has lowered the need for thermoregulatiom because i dont have much fat stores left?

Cause ideally i would think the body would would regulate thermogenesis based on the energy available

Their fat insulates them very well so they preserve more heat and thus overheat faster which triggers sweating to cool them down. They tend to eat more which also reinforces this. Its not just about how much you heat you generate, but how much heat you lose. If you have a lot of body fat you will not dissipate heat as well. Obesity also stimulates sympathetic activity which increases thermogenesis. They believe this is because obese individuals are resistant to the anorexic effects of leptin but still respond to the sympathoexcitatory effect of leptin.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Their fat insulates them very well so they preserve more heat and thus overheat faster which triggers sweating to cool them down. They tend to eat more which also reinforces this. Its not just about how much you heat you generate, but how much heat you lose. If you have a lot of body fat you will not dissipate heat as well. Obesity also stimulates sympathetic activity which increases thermogenesis. They believe this is because obese individuals are resistant to the anorexic effects of leptin but still respond to the sympathoexcitatory effect of leptin.

Very interesting. Super informative.

Ben.

I personally made the experience that infections play a role in it. There are antimicrobials that can make me warm like a furnace or freezing cold in a matter of seconds.

Thats prolly why most attempts heating myself up were futile.

Eberhardt

Here it should be noted that this is not typically due to actually being hot. This has to be verified by actual temp readings. Usually fatter people feel hot and sweat while their body temps are actually low/not high.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals