What is the common cold?

Jonk

I am on the mend, but this thing has been rough and I still feel off. I am a bit disappointed as I eat better than anyone I know. I am surprised I didn't shrug it off. It's been over a week now and that doesn't include the initial "I think I might have caught something" phase!

My ears still seem to be affected. I have tinnitus/high pressure feeling. It's not as bad as when I could clearly hear my heartbeat in one ear.

Can anyone offer any remedies, advice, or just soothing words? I've had tinnitus as long as I can remember just not on this level. Not that great with anatomy, hopefully it's just the eustachian tubes or something.
Sorry to hear that. When I had covid, or whatever it was, a year or two ago, I had a really bad pressure headache probably the worst I've ever had. I took 500mg of naproxen and found tremendous relief. I didn't have tinnitus though. It's not a peaty supplement but I think just breaking the cycle of pain is in itself really important when it's at a certain level. The next day I felt a lot better. I think the common view on the forum is that tinnitus is endotoxin related? Maybe a hypertonic saline enema could help but I've never tried it. Praying for your recovery

OP
P

Peater

Sorry to hear that. When I had covid, or whatever it was, a year or two ago, I had a really bad pressure headache probably the worst I've ever had. I took 500mg of naproxen and found tremendous relief. I didn't have tinnitus though. It's not a peaty supplement but I think just breaking the cycle of pain is in itself really important when it's at a certain level. The next day I felt a lot better. I think the common view on the forum is that tinnitus is endotoxin related? Maybe a hypertonic saline enema could help but I've never tried it. Praying for your recovery
Do you think it was an overall lowering of systemic inflammation that helped? It's a P.O.M. here, so foregoing naproxen I am just as happy with your prayers for recovery, appreciated.

Jonk

Do you think it was an overall lowering of systemic inflammation that helped? It's a P.O.M. here, so foregoing naproxen I am just as happy with your prayers for recovery, appreciated.
I have no idea, on Wikipedia it says it might have antiviral activity against influenza but who knows... I don't know what P.O.M. is an abbreviation of sorry

OP
P

Peater

I have no idea, on Wikipedia it says it might have antiviral activity against influenza but who knows... I don't know what P.O.M. is an abbreviation of sorry
Prescription only medicine!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals