What is the common cold?

I'm inclined to believe the endotoxin theory. Often "common colds" resolve quickly with things that reduce endotoxin -- oregano oil and activated charcoal, for example.
I eat a lot of candied orange peels, which has a gut cleansing effect. I just made a batch of candied lemon peels last night…

“Orange peels are sources of various bioactive ingredients, such as phenolics, flavonoids, tannins, and limonoids especially, that are unique to other plants [21]. Antimicrobial, antioxidant, and anti-cancer properties are just a few of the many biological functions exhibited by these bioactive chemicals”

“Along with the flesh, lemon peel contains Vitamin C and many other compounds. Recent studies have shown that they can be an effective antimicrobial agent. Antimicrobials are integral to the practice of modern medicine. The term refers to agents that can kill or inhibit the action of a microorganism, while at the same time causing no damage to the host.”

While raw milk is definitely better then pasteurized it is still a vitamin A bomb. Your liver might be able to handle it though, everyone is different.
I only drink about three glasses of milk a day nowadays. I really felt variety and chewing had more benefits, than the two quarts of milk RP recommended. I could never achieve drinking that much.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I only drink about three glasses of milk a day nowadays. I really felt variety and chewing had more benefits, than the two quarts of milk RP recommended. I could never achieve drinking that much.
I would be very suspect of the orange and lemon peels too.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
The new paradigm changes everything. Its not about what you put in your body, its about what you do not put in your body. Don't put toxins in and the liver fixes everything.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I would be very suspect of the orange and lemon peels too.
Ray Peat recommended them to me, and elsewhere saying they are a “super drug”.…

Rinse: “Per your recommendation, I have been using orange peels in many places.(I attached pics of some of my places for them). Are other citrus peels beneficial too?”

"I think they are all good, as long as they are organic." -Ray Peat

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ray Peat recommended them to me, and elsewhere saying they are a “super drug”.…
This is allopathic thinking.....allopathic thinking is not the way.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Allopathic medicine is to "suppress". This is not the way.
i can’t see how killing harmful things would be suppressing. It seems to me that a dumping effect would be from a build-up. If one doesn’t continually add garbage to the can or takes the garbage out before it overflows it would be a better way. The fact that I haven’t had a cold in 6 years and feel great everyday is how I prefer my health to go. I am just not up for being bedridden for days ever again.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

i can’t see how killing harmful things would be suppressing. It seems to me that a dumping effect would be from a build-up. If one doesn’t continually add garbage to the can or takes the garbage out before it overflows it would be a better way. The fact that I haven’t had a cold in 6 years and feel great everyday is how I prefer my health to go. I am just not up for being bedridden for days ever again.
When you are killing things you are also killing yourself with toxins and hurting the liver. When the body is strong and toxin free, it kills everything itself. This is why several months after doing low "vitamin A" people start spontaneously dumping parasites because the body is stronger and can deal with the parasites itself. No toxic chemicals needed.

ThinPicking

Ahhh that voice. Miss you Dr Peat. Even though you're right here. Where? Exactly.

Let's try and join this up a bit. What he's saying there makes sense to me. But he's not alluding the seasonality. And fairly. In a former, more idiotic life I've contracted a cold at the height of summer. But there's certainly a seasonality to the bulk of cases.

I'm inclined to believe the endotoxin theory.
Me too, at least in part. What the devil could cause the seasonal patterns. :think:

- The air is more dry than in the summer, allowing for particles (environmental toxins etc.) to float in the air longer - so we breath in more pollution
- The colder weather itself requires the body to raise temperature more often (while outdoors)
Atmospheric temperature, humidity and pressure probably have more profound implications for our condition than this.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
In a former, more idiotic life I've contracted a cold at the height of summer.
Space weather and coronal mass injections can bring on a detox. Many of us noticed, that this last massive coronal mass ejection which happened right at the first of the year and was the biggest one since 2017 brought on a detox. It was a really heavy detox too and was a bit of a work to get through. However, now that we have come out the other side we are stronger, more vibrant, more vitality and much closer to God.

Jonk

I've also been wondering about this lately. I do think "viruses" play a part but maybe not the way the official narrative portrays it. Another interesting observation is couple of weeks ago I had a fever and the chills and felt pretty bad. It pretty much went away after a day which is unusually fast for me. No stuffy nose or respiratory issues. Funny thing is when I recovered I felt better than before I got sick so I conclude it to be an overall good thing. My main health issue is low back, hip and thigh pain when laying down, and after the fever that went down tremendously and is still better. I know for a fact that it's related to my gut and I speculate it's from long term low vitamin D and a low calcium diet. This has slowly got better since starting supplementing high dose vitamin D, but even more so after the fever.

I think there obviously needs to be some kind of inflammation as a catalyzer for one to become sick, but I don't think not ever becoming sick is necessarily a sign of good health. I see some unhealthy people not getting sick which probably is lack of immune response or a continuous immune response that's never able to fully cleanse whatever toxin that it needs to get rid off. That's very different from someone that never gets sick because they are in such good health that there isn't any inflammation in the first place. I've heard that people with sufficient vitamin D levels isn't less likely to become infected by Covid for example, but has a far greater chance of survival.

ThinPicking

"Energy and structure are interdependent, at every level." - Dr Raymond Peat

Structure... :think: Am I a solid... :think: Am I a liquid.... :think: Am I both... :think:

OP
P

Peater

From my observations the common cold/flu etc is nothing more then a detox reaction in the body. The liver decides it wants to dump a huge amount of toxins, and the "cold/flu" is the reaction to this dump of toxins. I have tested this theory by taking a massive amount of lactoferrin to trigger a huge bile dump. What ensued was exactly what happens when the flu or cold hits. Same sore throat, then settling in the lungs, body aches, everything the exact same. Let me repeat, every single symptom was the exact thing, even down to the forward progress of said "cold". Basically, the body dumps a massive amount of retinoic acid, which gives the sore throat, then settles in the lungs, sore lungs. If you pay close attention you will notice that the sore throat and lungs literally feel like a chemical burn, because it is, from the retinoic acid aka toxic "vitamin A".

I've been binge reading the vit A thread in between using pallets of tissues and I realised i did have a big serving of chicken livers a day or two before feeling bad. I mentioned elsewhere I'm starting to come around to the idea. I'm not in a position to go zero A, but no more liver that's for sure. I do drink full fat jersey milk in coffee but it is not fortified here, I do agree that is probably a big problem for you guys.

A litre bottle lasts me several days. I'll keep hitting the red light to help consume stored A.

As for your last sentences, this is the absolute truth, the thought did drift across my mind that I feel like I've been poisoned! Wow.

When you are killing things you are also killing yourself with toxins and hurting the liver. When the body is strong and toxin free, it kills everything itself. This is why several months after doing low "vitamin A" people start spontaneously dumping parasites because the body is stronger and can deal with the parasites itself. No toxic chemicals needed.
I can understand all that you said here and would agree.. The peels of citrus don’t harm the body in any way, and actually help the liver to detox, again as long as they are organic, which is nearly impossible to buy. They have anti-inflammatory benefits as well, and nutrients. I can’t see anything wrong with them, and see them as a very good food.

“Since citrus peel has been shown to have a hepatoprotective effect against oxidative stress in tert-butylhydroperoxide (t-BHP)-induced-induced HepG2 cells, it is possible that citrus peel may demonstrate hepatoprotective activity against CCl4-induced oxidative stress, in rats.”

TheSir

This is actually not a good sign because now your body has decided it does not want to do its yearly detox and is instead being suppressed by all the toxins being taken in
I feel great on a daily basis, using cascara once a week, so maybe I don’t have anything to detox?
Obvious detox symptoms do not necessarily mean that more detoxing is taking place, and conversely, lack of observable symptoms does not necessarily mean that no detox is taking place. Presence of symptoms is usually simply evidence an overflow of toxins. The better the condition of the eliminatory organs is, the less obvious the detox symptoms tend to be, because the toxins will go straight out the body instead of lingering around in circulation.

I've seen a mineral chart from someone who was eliminating an ungodly amount of arsenic, lead and aluminium and was experiencing nothing but minor kidney discomfort. Someone else might dump a small percentage of that and feel like they're about to die. What matters is thus not how much is dumped but how efficient the body is at purging it out as quickly as possible. If a cold is detox, it seems fair to assume that for a sufficiently healthy person it could be asymptomatic.

Btw Charlie, what kind of doses of lactoferrin are you talking of?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Obvious detox symptoms do not necessarily mean that more detoxing is taking place, and conversely, lack of observable symptoms does not necessarily mean that no detox is taking place. Presence of symptoms is usually simply evidence an overflow of toxins. The better the condition of the eliminatory organs is, the less obvious the detox symptoms tend to be, because the toxins will go straight out the body instead of lingering around in circulation.
I agree. Symptoms just show an overload of toxins from the detox.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals