What Male Actor/s Do You Like And Why?

Max23

My favorites are Jake Gyllenhaal, Christian Bale and Leo DiCaprio.

That´s pretty close to my list. I´m gonna say Jake Gyllenhaal number one, because "Donnie Darko" is my favorite film. He reminded myself at a younger age very much. Also he was so mysterious, honest, troubled and yet intelligent in the film.

Of more masculine actors I like Tom Hardy and Jon Hamm (because of "Mad Men").

Max23

Second place-
Edward Norton
Kind of an innate connection to him.
American Hx X didn’t hurt in the looks department- but even if he didn’t have that role- I’m still drawn to him.

in third place I have a tie of Daniel Day Lewis and Shia Labeouf

Daniel due to his passion and commitment to his art. (Joaquin phoenix falls in this category too).
Shai because of his personal growth journey.

But my number one -
Hands down -
I ***t you not -
is my one and only -
Raymond Peat.
Trailblazer. Humanitarian. Renaissance man. Genius.

I hope Raymond Peat is not an actor. Nor a fiction writer.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Tho I know Hans geared the OP more towards actors we admire for their physique/personality etc. I don't really want to be like those actors, but admire their performance.
The reason for this thread isn't geared for physique, mainly just to find out what male actors you like and why (which can be for personality and/or traits and/or looks, etc.). Being "manly" or "alpha" isn't a prerequisite... everyone's opinion about an actor and why they like him/them is different to each individual, which is why I would like everyone to include why they like/favour this or that specific actor. It's really all about your personal interpretation of the actor you like so there's no right or wrong answer.

Dobbler

People confuse their favorite movie characters to the actor that plays it and think automatically that actor = movie character in real life. Get real guys...

Max23

People confuse their favorite movie characters to the actor that plays it and think automatically that actor = movie character in real life. Get real guys...

That´s what you think. I don´t think of it that way. I think of a movie character as a thought play, a version of reality. Something I was, could have been, will be or the same to someone else. For example I don´t think Jake Gyllenhaal is like some character he played in real life. Real life Jake Gyllenhall is a mystery to me. Jon Hamm is the oposite of Don Draper in real life, porbably.

Runenight201

Soyboys? Why?

"Soyboys" who are multi-millionaires with superfluous access to whichever women they desire. Who have more power and influence than anyone of us on this low rung internet forum.

So, basically you can't have role models? Or someone you aspire to be like? Or maybe you dont understand the meaning of the word "admire"

His name begets his persona.

I would take it though as he is conflating admire with worship. I would agree that the worship of other men is a detrimental activity. Role models are 1) almost an unavoidable and 2) healthy position to take.

actors arent real tho

Even better. In reality, no ones perfect and everyone fails to live up to their expected role. The perfect role model exists to be the ideal to which we all imperfectly strive to attain.[/QUOTE]

Dillon knight

actors arent real tho
Okay cool, i see your point, but basically he Is saying that he cant admire any man, so let's take someone who is successful and "real" like for example Jordan Peterson or Joe Rogan , why can you not admire these men's successes or traits? Because if you have that mindset then basically if someone has chosen a similar path in life as you and that person over takes you, you become jealous and/or dislike that person, simply because they are better. But if you admire these successful people, you use their successes to inspire you to achieve more. There is nothing estrogenic about that.

Zpol

Steve Buscemi. Actor/fire fighter. Plus he got stabbed once trying to break up a bar fight, in real life.
I love the roles he chooses; witty, underdog, brains not brawn, etc. Actors shoulde be entertaining that's their job, he does it well, plus he's a sincere when he speaks, and clearly intelligent IMO.

T

TheBeard

"Soyboys" who are multi-millionaires with superfluous access to whichever women they desire. Who have more power and influence than anyone of us on this low rung internet forum.

His name begets his persona.

I would take it though as he is conflating admire with worship. I would agree that the worship of other men is a detrimental activity. Role models are 1) almost an unavoidable and 2) healthy position to take.

Even better. In reality, no ones perfect and everyone fails to live up to their expected role. The perfect role model exists to be the ideal to which we all imperfectly strive to attain.

Getting flies you call "women" bumbling around you just because you make high earnings doesn't appeal to me as alpha.
I like the process of seducing, working to get a woman, making love to her so that she'll say it's the first time she ever experiences that in her life.
Meeting women at the salsa class, approaching them at the bar and going home with them although I'm surrounded with higher net worth people is priceless.

I own sportcars and I'm quite well off, but it would never occur to me to use those as a bait.

T

TheBeard

So, basically you can't have role models? Or someone you aspire to be like? Or maybe you dont understand the meaning of the word "admire"

I'm sure he was being sarcastic.
His answer was actually pretty funny

Peatful

I hope Raymond Peat is not an actor. Nor a fiction writer.
No kidding.

And- I’ll take any chance I get to stan Peat.

Runenight201

Getting flies you call "women" bumbling around you just because you make high earnings doesn't appeal to me as alpha.
I like the process of seducing, working to get a woman, making love to her so that she'll say it's the first time she ever experiences that in her life.
Meeting women at the salsa class, approaching them at the bar and going home with them although I'm surrounded with higher net worth people is priceless.

I own sportcars and I'm quite well off, but it would never occur to me to use those as a bait.

I would agree that the traits one possesses as compared to the physical assets one has are superior in determining social value. Usually the assets come with the traits, but not always.

In any case, the traits they possess were successful enough to reach the top echelons of acting, which is no easy task. And with such a role in society, comes a large amount of power and influence, which makes them anything but soyboys.

T

TheBeard

I would agree that the traits one possesses as compared to the physical assets one has are superior in determining social value. Usually the assets come with the traits, but not always.

In any case, the traits they possess were successful enough to reach the top echelons of acting, which is no easy task. And with such a role in society, comes a large amount of power and influence, which makes them anything but soyboys.

Whether we like it not, the softness of one's features is directly related to how soft his life has been growing up.
You can tell Bruce Willis, Statham, Mel Gibson, Stallone have had it rough growing up

Runenight201

Whether we like it not, the softness of one's features is directly related to how soft his life has been growing up.
You can tell Bruce Willis, Statham, Mel Gibson, Stallone have had it rough growing up

Ah ok I see. You seem to prioritize the value of masculine traits above everything else. Men must have masculine traits for them to be valuable in your system, and the exclusion of such traits means that man is not valuable, nor a role model. Even if that man is someone who is highly successful. Even if that man is someone who wields a large amount of power. Even if that man is someone who has a large influence on the thoughts and actions of many people. That man isn’t a man because he doesn’t have high androgens. Better to be a powerless masculine man than a powerful successful soyboy!

T

TheBeard

Ah ok I see. You seem to prioritize the value of masculine traits above everything else. Men must have masculine traits for them to be valuable in your system, and the exclusion of such traits means that man is not valuable, nor a role model. Even if that man is someone who is highly successful. Even if that man is someone who wields a large amount of power. Even if that man is someone who has a large influence on the thoughts and actions of many people. That man isn’t a man because he doesn’t have high androgens. Better to be a powerless masculine man than a powerful successful soyboy!

Exactly

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals