White rice problem

Dawid

I have a strange problem with white rice. Namely, after eating it, I feel very cold - hands, feet and in general. This cooling takes several hours. Interestingly, I don't have this problem after eating brown rice. In fact, I even feel warm after eating brown rice. What could this be related to? Does anyone else have this problem?

mostlylurking

I have a strange problem with white rice. Namely, after eating it, I feel very cold - hands, feet and in general. This cooling takes several hours. Interestingly, I don't have this problem after eating brown rice. In fact, I even feel warm after eating brown rice. What could this be related to? Does anyone else have this problem?
Brown rice has some thiamine in it. White rice has had the husk removed so it contains no thiamine. It only contains starch which requires thiamine to convert it into energy. Eating white rice causes a thiamine deficit.

Peatful

What are you eating with the white rice?

These symptoms do not make me want to eat white rice…

“Vitamin B1 deficiency symptoms
From sources across the web
Anorexia

Confusion

Fatigue

Muscle weakness

Nausea

Tachycardia

Irritability

Nystagmus

Wernicke encephalopathy

Abdominal discomfort

Depression

Dyspnea

Muscle aches

Nerve damage

Paralysis of the lower legs

Tingling limbs

Absent knee and ankle jerk

Blurred vision

Constipation

Decreased vibratory position sensation

Difficulty with walking

Edema

Loss of control of body movements

Memory loss”

Last edited:

mostlylurking

@Peatful These symptoms do not make me want to eat white rice…

Anorexia

Confusion

Fatigue

Muscle weakness

Nausea

Tachycardia

Irritability

Nystagmus

Wernicke encephalopathy

Abdominal discomfort

Depression

Dyspnea

Muscle aches

Nerve damage

Tingling limbs

Blurred vision

Constipation

Difficulty with walking

Edema

Memory loss”
Thiamine deficiency is not something to be taken lightly. All sugars/starches use up thiamine when they are used to make energy. Thiamine acts as a cofactor for several enzymes used in oxidative metabolism so it is a very important vitamin.

Thiamine deficiency is not something to be taken lightly. All sugars/starches use up thiamine when they are used to make energy. Thiamine acts as a cofactor for several enzymes used in oxidative metabolism so it is a very important vitamin.
I eat daily sprouted brown rice cereal, but white rice rarely, but I do eat plenty of sugar sources in a day, but starches are more rare. Thank you for this very good bit of information, I reposted what you said in my thread below, and now I will post this second thing you said here too…

Oh I get plenty of thiamin in a day, with the milk, egg yolks, sprouted brown rice and occasional beef and sprouted oats!

Foods high in thiamine
1705427627121.jpeg

Pork

1705427627143.jpeg

Sunflower seeds

1705427627164.jpeg

Lentils

1705427627185.jpeg

Fortified cereals

images

Peas

images

Brown rice

images

Legumes

images

Salmon

images

Acorn squash

licensed-image

Bread

licensed-image

Eggs

images

Fish

licensed-image

Milk

images

Trout

images

Beef

images

Liver

images

Mussels

images

Rice

images

Yoghurt

images

Asparagus

Black beans

Cereal

Oatmeal

Beans

mostlylurking

I eat daily sprouted brown rice cereal, but white rice rarely, but I do eat plenty of sugar sources in a day, but starches are more rare. Thank you for this very good bit of information, I reposted what you said in my thread below, and now I will post this second thing you said here too…

If you'd like to pursue looking into this topic, this book by Dr. Derrick Lonsdale may be of interest to you:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/book/...se-dysautonomia-and-high-calorie-malnutrition
You can click on each chapter's abstract to read a short synopsis.

Here's the first one:

Dr. Lonsdale was a pediatrician at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio; he was given the extra difficult cases after everybody else had given up on them. I think that he is now on the far side of 100 and is still very sharp and posting on hormonesmatter.com, mainly responding to questions in the Comments below articles about thiamine.

If you'd like to pursue looking into this topic, this book by Dr. Derrick Lonsdale may be of interest to you:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/book/...se-dysautonomia-and-high-calorie-malnutrition
You can click on each chapter's abstract to read a short synopsis.

Here's the first one:

Dr. Lonsdale was a pediatrician at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio; he was given the extra difficult cases after everybody else had given up on them. I think that he is now on the far side of 100 and is still very sharp and posting on hormonesmatter.com, mainly responding to questions in the Comments below articles about thiamine.
Thank you.

mostlylurking

@mostlylurking with your thiamin deficiency information, is it any wonder that this absurd American food pyramid made a very sick nation?

View attachment 60467
Spot on!! The "experts" put thiamine mononitrate ("enriching" the product) in the refined carbohydrates and processed foods. So the medical industrial complex no longer considers thiamine deficiency a possibility so they never consider it as the possible cause of many health issues.

Another issue is the promotion of the polyunsaturated fats (PUFA) as "healthy". PUFA depletes thiamine.
I wonder how much Round-Up weed killer depletes thiamin? 🤔

“However, it is a common practice among farmers to spray their wheat crops with glyphosate immediately prior to harvest—doing so actually kills the plant, which speeds the required drying of the grain.”

Peatful

@Peatful These symptoms do not make me want to eat white rice…

Anorexia

Confusion

Fatigue

Muscle weakness

Nausea

Tachycardia

Irritability

Nystagmus

Wernicke encephalopathy

Abdominal discomfort

Depression

Dyspnea

Muscle aches

Nerve damage

Tingling limbs

Blurred vision

Constipation

Difficulty with walking

Edema

Memory loss”
???
Why am I addressed here?

I asked the op a question to help problem solve

——————————————————-

Over 100 countries use white rice as their primary carb source
If they are consuming pork as well (think traditional Asian fare)- pork is a great source of thiamin iirc

???
Why am I addressed here?

I asked the op a question to help problem solve

——————————————————-

Over 100 countries use white rice as their primary carb source
If they are consuming pork as well (think traditional Asian fare)- pork is a great source of thiamin iirc
My mistake, sorry about that addressing you.

Pork is a great source of PUFA too, Too bad there aren’t two of each of us to see how much better we could be eating more optimally. Surviving or enjoying food does not equal good health. Young people can ingest all kinds of empty or nefarious foods without noticing a thing until they get their lot in life. As the some old saying goes, “If you got a disease then you ate it”.

Last edited:

mostlylurking

I wonder how much Round-Up weed killer depletes thiamin? 🤔

“However, it is a common practice among farmers to spray their wheat crops with glyphosate immediately prior to harvest—doing so actually kills the plant, which speeds the required drying of the grain.”
Thiamine gets absorbed through the wall of the small intestine when things are working like they should be. Older people (on the far side of 60) tend to have poorer absorption ability for thiamine which makes them more inclined to thiamine deficit.

Glyphosate messes up the gut bacteria in multiple ways. Thiamine is made by gut bacteria and is used up by other gut bacteria. Things can get out of balance. If the microbiome gets really out of whack, the ability of the intestinal wall to absorb nutrients would be compromised.

"A genomic assessment of the human microbiota demonstrates that they collaborate symbiotically to produce thiamin (B1), riboflavin (B2), niacin (B3), pantothenate (B5), pyridoxine (B6), biotin (B7), folate (B9) and cobalamin (B12), and that these B vitamins can significantly augment vitamins supplied from food. Human cells are incompetent to produce any of these vitamins. Collectively, the microbial colonies contain a large number of enzymes that specialize in various steps in the synthesis of these essential nutrients.3"

also this:
"A recent study on glyphosate exposure in carnivorous fish revealed remarkable adverse effects throughout the digestive system (Senapati et al., 2009). The activity of protease, lipase, and amylase were all decreased in the esophagus, stomach, and intestine of these fish following exposure to glyphosate. The authors also observed “disruption of mucosal folds and disarray of microvilli structure” in the intestinal wall, along with an exaggerated secretion of mucin throughout the alimentary tract. These features are highly reminiscent of celiac disease. Gluten peptides in wheat are hydrophobic and therefore resistant to degradation by gastric, pancreatic and intestinal proteases (Hershko & Patz, 2008). Thus, the evidence from this effect on fish suggests that glyphosate may interfere with the breakdown of complex proteins in the human stomach, leaving larger fragments of wheat in the human gut that will then trigger an autoimmune response, leading to the defects in the lining of the small intestine that are characteristic of these fish exposed to glyphosate and of celiac patients. As illustrated in Figure 1, the usage of glyphosate on wheat in the U.S. has risen sharply in the last decade, in step with the sharp rise in the incidence of Celiac disease. We explain the reasons for increased application of glyphosate to wheat in Section 13."

peter88

My mistake, sorry about that addressing you.

Pork is a great source of PUFA too, Too bad there aren’t two of each of us to see how much better we could be eating more optimally. Surviving or enjoying food does not equal good health. Young people can ingest all kinds of empty or nefarious foods without noticing a thing until they get their lot in life. As the some old saying goes, “If you got a disease then you ate it”.
Good quality pork isn’t a great source of pufa

“Almost everyone has heard the phrase “you are what you eat”. Some of the first recorded versions date back over 200 hundred years in the French and German literature stating that the food one eats has a bearing on one’s state of mind and health. Later in the 1920-1930’s an American nutritionist Victor Lindlahr coined and popularized the phrase in an advertisement, “Ninety per cent of the diseases known to man are caused by cheap foodstuffs. You are what you eat.””

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals