White rice problem

mostlylurking

I don't mean to dispute, at least not really... but I am not aware of any worldwide mercury poisoning... would you not think if widspread, it would leak into even our corrupt news outlets? perhaps not.
You cannot find what you refuse to see.

Yes, of course, getting to be an old geezer, I have a ton of concerns, perhaps even a bit of paranoia/OCD. Tons of causes of cardiac/circulation problems... I work out often eat pretty well, though the Peat "system" is, I think, a bit flawed and difficult to really follow (most OJ is not fresh, most meat is not "grass-fed", lots of plain white sugar may or may not be that great, tons of supplements, ditto)... I take enzymes, Lumbrokinase and serrapeptase regularly (I do not get along with nattokinase, but it is worthy)... I had a Calcium score CT done a while ago, score zero... but yes, concerned.

You let them do a CT scan on you?

It's apparent to me that you haven't spent much time studying Ray Peat's work. Here's 2-3 links if you care to actually read Ray Peat and listen to him:
for written articles: PeatSearch: a Ray Peat-specific search engine - Toxinless use the search cell that excludes the forum.
for audio interviews: bioenergetic search
and this one:
Ray Peat related sites directory (MarshmalloW) Spend some time listening to the Politics and Science interviews; they let Peat talk.

Do you think zeolite would be effective in removing mercury? I take a liquid zeolite, "Pure Body Extra", not daily, but often... supposed to be a more gentle way of detoxing... not as powerful as others...
Zeolite attracts heavy metals. How can you tell if the zeolite doesn't already have a load of heavy metals already glommed onto it before you ingest it? you can't. If you have mercury amalgams in your teeth it is a really bad idea to try any chelating programs. You need to get the amalgams removed safely first.
I saw the Andy Cutler protocol online... but after reading this article... should I trust the guy (RIP)?
Did I say you should trust Andy Cutler? I missed that part. I am aware that he was intelligent, had lots of education, did a whole lot of research and that it didn't save him.

I'm further along in this journey than you may realize. I've experienced my mercury load becoming activated from where ever it was parked in my body. Several times. The last time it happened, I got real loopy. I wrecked my car. I couldn't work the cash register. Wrecking the car entailed side swiping the carport post when parking in the same place I'd parked for 25 years. I got tested, my mercury was very high. I'd just as soon not live through times like that again. I'm 74. At this stage of the game I'm more interested in dealing with the symptoms of mercury poisoning than in going on a crusade to eradicate it from my body because I don't think that is possible. I do not want to end up with Parkinson's Disease or Alzheimer's. So I'm focused on what helps with the symptoms of mercury toxicity. And I've found things that actually help me.

I also read that mercury levels can't be checked via blood, urine or stool... hair is only a little bit accurate... so how to diagnose a problem?
If mercury is running amok in your body because something pulled it out of storage, it does show up. After I side swiped the carport post, I did an EDTA IV chelation challenge test with a 24 hour urine collection after. The mercury was high. EDTA does not chelate/attract mercury so it did not have an effect on the amount of mercury that showed up on the urine test. It was just there because it felt like coming out of storage. I don't do things to try to chelate mercury which would pull it out of storage to settle somewhere else in my body; I believe my body's already done its best to park it somewhere to minimize the threat.

BTW: Andy Cutler, big mercury poisoning guy, dead at 60... seems young for a guy who knew how to detox, yes? Sad thing, RIP.
I think Andy Cutler was focused on trying to chelate the mercury out of the body safely. I really do not think that's possible. It can get dislodged but as of this moment, there is no chelating substance that permanently grabs onto it and gets it out of the body. Boyd Haley's product shows promise but is not yet approved by the FDA and may never be approved.

Selenium seems to be a very big deal though.

I've found high dose thiamine hcl to be very helpful.

Last edited:

TucsonJJ

You cannot find what you refuse to see.

You let them do a CT scan on you?

It's apparent to me that you haven't spent much time studying Ray Peat's work. Here's 2-3 links if you care to actually read Ray Peat and listen to him:
for written articles: PeatSearch: a Ray Peat-specific search engine - Toxinless use the search cell that excludes the forum.
for audio interviews: bioenergetic search
and this one:
Ray Peat related sites directory (MarshmalloW) Spend some time listening to the Politics and Science interviews; they let Peat talk.

Zeolite attracts heavy metals. How can you tell if the zeolite doesn't already have a load of heavy metals already glommed onto it before you ingest it? you can't. If you have mercury amalgams in your teeth it is a really bad idea to try any chelating programs. You need to get the amalgams removed safely first.

Did I say you should trust Andy Cutler? I missed that part. I am aware that he was intelligent, had lots of education, did a whole lot of research and that it didn't save him.

I'm further along in this journey than you may realize. I've experienced my mercury load becoming activated from where ever it was parked in my body. Several times. The last time it happened, I got real loopy. I wrecked my car. I couldn't work the cash register. Wrecking the car entailed side swiping the carport post when parking in the same place I'd parked for 25 years. I got tested, my mercury was very high. I'd just as soon not live through times like that again. I'm 74. At this stage of the game I'm more interested in dealing with the symptoms of mercury poisoning than in going on a crusade to eradicate it from my body because I don't think that is possible. I do not want to end up with Parkinson's Disease or Alzheimer's. So I'm focused on what helps with the symptoms of mercury toxicity. And I've found things that actually help me.

If mercury is running amok in your body because something pulled it out of storage, it does show up. After I side swiped the carport post, I did an EDTA IV chelation challenge test with a 24 hour urine collection after. The mercury was high. EDTA does not chelate/attract mercury so it did not have an effect on the amount of mercury that showed up on the urine test. It was just there because it felt like coming out of storage. I don't do things to try to chelate mercury which would pull it out of storage to settle somewhere else in my body; I believe my body's already done its best to park it somewhere to minimize the threat.

I think Andy Cutler was focused on trying to chelate the mercury out of the body safely. I really do not think that's possible. It can get dislodged but as of this moment, there is no chelating substance that permanently grabs onto it and gets it out of the body. Boyd Haley's product shows promise but is not yet approved by the FDA and may never be approved.

Selenium seems to be a very big deal though.

I've found high dose thiamine hcl to be very helpful.
Seems I triggered you. Bye. IGNORED

maillol

There is definitely something iffy about white rice. It puts me in a funk and like the OP i don't have issues with white bread, white potatoes, white pasta, pure glucose or any other high glycemic food. I've seen several people say this before. I don't have an explanation.

There is definitely something iffy about white rice. It puts me in a funk and like the OP i don't have issues with white bread, white potatoes, white pasta, pure glucose or any other high glycemic food. I've seen several people say this before. I don't have an explanation.
Maybe it is the arsenic in the rice?

“Extensive recent testing by the FDA foundthat long grain white rice, which is what most people eat, appears to have more arsenic than medium or short grain rice, but this may be because most of the shorter grains are produced in California, which has significantly less contaminated rice paddies than those in the South, such as in Texas or Arkansas, where most of the long grain rice is grown. So, it’s less long grain versus short grain than white rice versus brown rice, as the mean concentration of inorganic arsenic in parts per billion of long grain white rice is 102.0 and 156.5 in short, medium, and long grain brown rice, as you can see at 0:54 in my video.“

“As you can see at 2:06 in my video, the arsenic found in a daily serving of white rice carries 136 times the acceptable cancer risk, but brown rice is even riskier at 162.”

It’s not what you eat, though. It’s what you absorb. The arsenic in brown rice appears to be less bioavailable than the arsenic in white rice. The texture of brown rice may cut down on the release of arsenic from the grain, or perhaps the bran in brown rice helps bind it up. Regardless, taking bioavailability into account, the difference in arsenic levels in white versus brown rice may be a third more, rather than 70 percent more, as you can see at 2:57 in my video. This estimate, however, was based on an in vitro gastrointestinal fluid system in which researchers strung together beakers and tubes to mimic our gut, with one flask containing stomach acid and another intestinal juices. What happened when it was tested in humans? Yes, “evidence suggeststhat brown rice may contain more arsenic than white rice,” but the researchers aimed to determine how much is actually absorbed by measuring the urine levels of arsenic in white-rice eaters compared with brown-rice eaters. For the arsenic to get from the rice into your bladder, it has to be absorbed through your gut into your bloodstream.

“As you can see at 3:45 in my video, the urine of thousands of American test subjects who don’t eat rice at all still contains about 8 micrograms of toxic, carcinogenic arsenic a day. It’s in the air, it’s in the water, and there’s a little bit in nearly all foods. But, eat just one food—a cup or more of white rice a day—and your arsenic exposure shoots up by 65 percent to about 13 micrograms a day.”

InChristAlone

Rice needs to be washed. I was lazy and didn't do this at all until recently. If rice is a staple in your diet it has to be washed until the water runs clear.

maillol

This is the best theory I've seen. From Travis.

Rice needs to be washed. I was lazy and didn't do this at all until recently. If rice is a staple in your diet it has to be washed until the water runs clear.
“This paper reports the effects of rinsing rice and cooking it in variable amounts of water on total arsenic, inorganic arsenic, iron, cadmium, manganese, folate, thiamin and niacin in the cooked grain. We prepared multiple rice varietals both rinsed and unrinsed and with varying amounts of cooking water. Rinsing rice before cooking has a minimal effect on the arsenic (As) content of the cooked grain, but washes enriched iron, folate, thiamin and niacin from polished and parboiled rice. Cooking rice in excess water efficiently reduces the amount of As in the cooked grain. Excess water cooking reduces average inorganic As by 40% from long grain polished, 60% from parboiled and 50% from brown rice. Iron, folate, niacin and thiamin are reduced by 50-70% for enriched polished and parboiled rice, but significantly less so for brown rice, which is not enriched.”

“Published studies, including research by the FDA, show that cooking rice similar to how pasta is cooked can reduce 40 to 60 percent of the inorganic arsenic content, depending on the type of rice. However, this method of cooking rice in excess water—using 6 to 10 parts water to 1 part rice and then draining the excess water—also results in lowering the nutritional value of enriched polished and parboiled rice. Specifically, cooking in excess water reduces the levels of folate, iron, niacin and thiamine, nutrients that are added to polished (white) and parboiled rice as part of the enrichment process, by 50 to 70 percent.
The FDA research also shows that rinsing rice before cooking has a minimal effect on the arsenic content of the cooked grain and will wash off iron, folate, thiamine and niacin from polished and parboiled rice.”

“A new paper, released today in Science of the Total Environment shows that cooking rice in a certain way removes over 50 per cent of the naturally occurring arsenic in brown rice, and 74 per cent in white rice. Importantly, this new method does not reduce micronutrients in the rice.

Following previous research from the University of Sheffield that found half of the rice consumed in the UK exceeded European Commission regulations for levels of arsenic in rice meant for the consumptionfor infants or young children.

This new study tested different ways to cook rice to try and reduce the arsenic content and the team from the Institute for Sustainable Food found that by using a home-friendly way of cooking rice, the ‘parboiling with absorption method’ (PBA), most of the arsenic was removed, while keeping most nutrients in the cooked rice.

The PBA method involves parboiling the rice in pre-boiled water for five minutes before draining and refreshing the water, then cooking it on a lower heat to absorb all the water.

SZEGSDBOX0nn02d1dehkipmhb31e09R_-k6ZG_1r9kgbU5rffVe1X_H2aXiFP9uL4UVfL9djb8__JIQLkqyvrC6HOyB8y-bAl81-v3YU53tktV_LbrkIP77Hpv8yME_CdjPG3dW1
Arsenic, which is classified as a Group 1 carcinogen by the International Agency for Research on Cancer, is water-soluble - so it accumulates in rice, which is grown in flooded fields more than other cereals. Arsenic exposure affects almost every organ in the body and can cause skin lesions, cancer, diabetes and lung diseases.”

Alpha

Soaking white rice in salt for 2 hours and using a large water ratio will remove close to 99% of arsenic. White rice already has most of it removed. The soil and region and type can also make a difference.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals