White Sugar Has Cured My Dandruff

aniciete

You said you tried retinol and it not always working.

Severe vitamin A toxicity in a 4 yr old from a plant based diet including meat, and he took a multivitamin with carotene and cod liver oil for over a yr.
The ER physicians observed severe cheilitis, dry skin, diffuse alopecia, and periorbital and pedal oedema.

Serological investigations revealed severe hypercalcemia, hyponatremia, hypokalemia, mildly elevated creatinine, elevated C-reactive protein, leukocytosis, and normocytic anaemia.
A Case of Severe Vitamin A Toxicity - MEDizzy Journal

View attachment 31133
Moral of the story? Just eat food

GorillaHead

Here to report back. Its early days but dandruff free again. And heres some hopefully really good news my extremities are all warm. Been eating helllla sugar. Some retinol.magnesium and zinc

Ben.

Here to report back. Its early days but dandruff free again. And heres some hopefully really good news my extremities are all warm. Been eating helllla sugar. Some retinol.magnesium and zinc

Cool. Looking forward for further reports.

Plain white sugar right? Reminds me of this ridiclious baki anime tv show where the protagonist just drank tons of sugar water to heal instantly.

Jerkboy

White sugar is awesome in my opinion. It is a nutrient in itself. As long as you are not severely deficient in certain minerals or b vitamins. Even then, it seems to me the body utilises white sugar instantly without using much insulin and thus it puts almost no pressure on the body and not much pressure on minerals. Sugar makes me lean too.

Gustav3Y

No belly aches from 8oz (226grams) of sugar daily?
I assume there were no gut issues when decided to embark on the high daily white sugar dose?

I've tried some powered white sugar before at 20grams/0.7oz per day and it only seems to increase gut distention and cause belly aches.
I was mixing it with water.

youngsinatra

If sugar clears dandruff it‘s probably due to lifting digestive irritation that occurs with other carb sources.

Interestingly I developed bad dandruff plus dermatitis after a few month of eating the pro-metabolic diet - never had it before.

I had temporary relief with zinc, B-vitamins and certain fatty acids. Then I found out I have vitamin A toxicity and started eating a low-vitamin A diet for 8-9 weeks and both issues completely cleared.

But back to topic - I think the most contributing factors to dandruff is 1) gut irritation 2) ingestion of inflammatory compounds and 3) micronutrient deficiencies or excesses.

I hope your dandruff stays cleared - just make sure to eat nutrient dense to compensate for the astonishing lack of nutrients in sugar, especially B-vitamins such as B1.

InChristAlone

I would seriously look into vitamin A toxicity before ever trying retinol for dry skin. The dry skin will likely come back the more you take. Check out @youngsinatra 's thread about it: Hypervitaminosis A — A Case Study Of Myself
I really feel for him with a diagnosis of high blood pressure at the age of 23.

CiggyTardust

I'll chime in here to say after a couple months of going Peaty, my dandruff that persisted for nearly a decade has disappeared. Pretty wild! Didn't even notice until I read this post. The biggest change I've made is upping sugar intake and trying to keep blood sugar stable... more fruit, more OJ, mexican Coke and carbs before bed.

GorillaHead

Whats really weird is there was a time when i took retinol and it made my skin super super hydrated. At first it started of super dry then super hydrated. And when it was super hydrated all my issues went away then they came back and the hydration went away. So if it was toxicity it doesnt make sense because it started off dry. Then it went slick then back to dry fml

Gustav3Y

Lower androgens maybe has something to do with it?
As far as I have noticed people almost never do T test levels before and after, let alone DHT (ironically going alone on pure feelings)

Oral glucose load and mixed meal feeding lowers testosterone levels in healthy eugonadal men​

EIRE24

If sugar clears dandruff it‘s probably due to lifting digestive irritation that occurs with other carb sources.

Interestingly I developed bad dandruff plus dermatitis after a few month of eating the pro-metabolic diet - never had it before.

I had temporary relief with zinc, B-vitamins and certain fatty acids. Then I found out I have vitamin A toxicity and started eating a low-vitamin A diet for 8-9 weeks and both issues completely cleared.

But back to topic - I think the most contributing factors to dandruff is 1) gut irritation 2) ingestion of inflammatory compounds and 3) micronutrient deficiencies or excesses.

I hope your dandruff stays cleared - just make sure to eat nutrient dense to compensate for the astonishing lack of nutrients in sugar, especially B-vitamins such as B1.
What fatty acids helped clear up the dandruff?

tomisonbottom

Just sharing with you guys my good news. I have been suffering with dandruff my entire life. One week of white sugar in big amounts my head is clean. Fruit failed miserably when I tried it.

Good luck to everyone.

Just speculating on cause and affect, but perhaps the sucrose raised metabolism. Higher temps are great at killing off excess fungal/bacterial issues.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals