Why does "peating" sometimes can make you asexual

Korven

The idea that a calmer (slower) metabolism promotes longevity (rate of living theory), is the exact opposite of the Ray Peat philosophy. Comparing a tiny animal like a rat to a huge animal like an elephant also say nothing about metabolisms effect on longevity. Rate of living theory has been pretty much discarded anyway. From what I have seen this Sinclair guy is just another plant based promoter with a clear agenda

I feel like there may be some truth to the idea though that a perceived high metabolism state from red meat and iron is more pro-aging, whereas a high metabolism driven by high milk/calcium and fruits is anti-aging (I credit this idea to the legendary user @lampofred).

In the past I've gotten some decent body temps with lots of red meat and iron in my diet but eventually my hair stops being as shiny, my nostrils, eyes and other mucous membranes start to dry up and my hands and feet are not warm consistently throughout the day. High metabolism from milk feels different - my skin is noticeably smoother and moisturized, hair is softer, the air that blows out through my nose is hotter and has more water vapour, my skin is hotter to the touch, etc. Feels more like a high CO2 state.

...Now, with that said, grass fed beef in reasonable quantities is really amazing and probably provides net anti-aging benefits from the quality protein, taurine, carnosine, creatine, zinc, etc.

Vins7

I feel like there may be some truth to the idea though that a perceived high metabolism state from red meat and iron is more pro-aging, whereas a high metabolism driven by high milk/calcium and fruits is anti-aging (I credit this idea to the legendary user @lampofred).

In the past I've gotten some decent body temps with lots of red meat and iron in my diet but eventually my hair stops being as shiny, my nostrils, eyes and other mucous membranes start to dry up and my hands and feet are not warm consistently throughout the day. High metabolism from milk feels different - my skin is noticeably smoother and moisturized, hair is softer, the air that blows out through my nose is hotter and has more water vapour, my skin is hotter to the touch, etc. Feels more like a high CO2 state.

...Now, with that said, grass fed beef in reasonable quantities is really amazing and probably provides net anti-aging benefits from the quality protein, taurine, carnosine, creatine, zinc, etc.
Do you drink raw milk or pasteurized milk?

OP
Gânico

Gânico

It makes a lot of sense. Since milk is designed for babies and young children, meat is designed for males, hunters and fruit i see more as a female, gatherer food...

i think you might have a tendency to resemble one of them more than another, depending on what your diet consists of.

OP
Gânico

Gânico

It makes a lot of sense. Since milk is designed for babies and young children, meat is designed for males, hunters and fruit i see more as a female, gatherer food...

i think you might have a tendency to resemble one of them more than another, depending on what your diet consists of.
And since Ray's work is aimed towards longevity or the lack of ageing process per se, i think adopting his principles will make you resemble more of a child, since they absence "ageing" and have peak metabolism (Metabolically, children are different species compared to adults), although many see this as a negative thing and prefers to resemble a healthy virile adult male/female.

Last edited:

Our Ancestors ate this

This is what peak diet looks like, if you like it or not. Not to mention our ancestors resembled bugs so their diet was quite fitting

OP
Gânico

Gânico

Our Ancestors ate this

This is what peak diet looks like, if you like it or not. Not to mention our ancestors resembled bugs so their diet was quite fitting
Great, soon we will be bug eaters again
external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Paty

Well, since peating i experienced way better mood, euphoria and energy, all day. But some other thing i noticed is that i tend to lack sexual interest, i kinda feel like a child sometimes, besides being a young adult, lol.

Maybe this happens because very low estrogen/stress hormones? What do u guys think?

Can anyone else relate?
As a woman, for a few months, I realized that the same thing happens to me. I have been a peating for 4 years, eggs ,milk ,goat and cows, pure beef protein and beef gelatin and oranges everywhere , :) cheese and nixtamal tortillas, ,beef liver and raw oysters because that's how I like them, a lot of maple syrup, salt ,honey and (the carrot salad of course)

Korven

Do you drink raw milk or pasteurized milk?

Just regular pasteurized milk from the store. It is unhomogenized though which I feel for me is more important then it being raw. I recently switched milk brands and I find that I tolerate lower fat 2-3% fat milks much better than 4.2-4.5% fat milk. It's been kind of a gamechanger tbh, I can drink this milk all day and have solid poops. It's better than raw A2 milks I've tried in the past.

Just gotta keep drinking different milks until you find something that works!

That kind of makes sense! I think milk is also great if you didn't develop fully during your childhood or teenage years, it's the ultimate growth and regeneration food. I noticed milk makes my beard grow more and red meat doesn't have this same beard growth effect.

Vanset

just a question regarding your diet. do you have any problems combining meat and milk in the same meal?

OP
Gânico

Gânico

just a question regarding your diet. do you have any problems combining meat and milk in the same meal?
No, never had problems combining them. Usually, right after eating raw meat i drink raw milk, sometimes right before, it doesn't matter to me.

Vanset

No, never had problems combining them. Usually, right after eating raw meat i drink raw milk, sometimes right before, it doesn't matter to me.
do you mind posting cronometer of what your average day of eating looks like?

OP
Gânico

Gânico

do you mind posting cronometer of what your average day of eating looks like?
I don't have/use it, but i will tell you exactly what i eat, so you can add yourself.

Fixed foods:

> Usually 3 liters (sometimes 4l) of raw grass fed whole milk.

> Around 300-250g of raw grass fed beef shanks, sprinkled with unrefined, no-additives sea salt.

> Around 200g of raw grass fed beef liver 1x per week, sprinkled with unrefined, no-additives sea salt.

> 4 cups (1 cup = around 250 ml or so) of strong robusta coffee, mixed with milk.

> 4 tablespoons of raw orange blossom honey (which i usually eat with my "milk and coffee")

> 1 raw pastured egg

Non-fixed foods:

> Available seasonal fruits, which includes oranges, guavas, papayas, mangos, coconut, jabuticabas, tangerines, watermelons. Amount varies, but i usually don't eat so much of them.

Last edited:
A

Adf

The idea that a calmer (slower) metabolism promotes longevity (rate of living theory), is the exact opposite of the Ray Peat philosophy. Comparing a tiny animal like a rat to a huge animal like an elephant also say nothing about metabolisms effect on longevity. Rate of living theory has been pretty much discarded anyway. From what I have seen this Sinclair guy is just another plant based promoter with a clear agenda

I just thought it was interesting and worth noting, you don't have to believe it. I don't know about Sinclair having 'an agenda'. It's possible he does, IMO probably he does not. Every human on earth is prone to bias and belief, and none of us know the full truth or the full picture. Ray Peat included. We all walk the path that fit our beliefs and values, that is what Dr Ray Peat does, that is what Dr Sinclair does. If you believe Sinclair has an agenda, then should you not also believe Peat has an agenda of some sort.

A

Adf

red meat in the right amount make you reach the highest degree of calmness,0 mental chatter,with only fruits you can alternate between feeling as sleep,and an exited state where things are incredibly enjoyable and feel exiting,feel like high glutamate/low gaba,but youvare also very sensitive to negative physicalvfeelings when you think about doing things that are not cooperative and are detrimentals to others being such as stealing them,meat specifically beef muscle meat or young lamb/Veal kidneys calm you even more,make your voice deeper,you walk slower,can make you sleep longer,can put your mental chatter to 0 and lower yoursensitivity specifically in your heart,necessary stoicism when you are facing competitivity in your life.and it does not necessary bring sexuality,it can bring bounding feeelings such as heart feelings,and like herotic kissings,with out sex feelings;an overnight fast long enough where you feel you start to run on adrenaline feel way more aging sexualising than meat,i start to experience a sligth degree of impotency pessimism on certains things

Ooof man I'm dyslexic so this post was very painful for me, I almost feel dizzy.

I don't disagree with your experience, the perfect balance in diet provides the perfect balance in energy and outlook on life.

Have you tried only eating meat though, aka carnivore? What is your experience if so? I'd imagine most people may be quicker to anger or snap in frustration aka more aggression. Since more aggression is likely needed to effectively hunt down sources of meat, theoretically it would make sense that the more your diet relies on meat, the more aggressive you become. Explanation: Evolutionary trait to aid in your survival.

In my experience, I am the calmest now I've ever been since I stopped meat. I am at my most confident too, not caring what others think is great for that.

Nomane Euger

Ooof man I'm dyslexic so this post was very painful for me, I almost feel dizzy.

I don't disagree with your experience, the perfect balance in diet provides the perfect balance in energy and outlook on life.

Have you tried only eating meat though, aka carnivore? What is your experience if so? I'd imagine most people may be quicker to anger or snap in frustration aka more aggression. Since more aggression is likely needed to effectively hunt down sources of meat, theoretically it would make sense that the more your diet relies on meat, the more aggressive you become. Explanation: Evolutionary trait to aid in your survival.

In my experience, I am the calmest now I've ever been since I stopped meat. I am at my most confident too, not caring what others think is great for that.

yea i tryed eating only meat for a few weeks like 1pound of meat,120grammes of fats,liver often,while working out hard and taking sun,i did reach my highest degree of c calmness,it increased my competitive tendancies,and i started to experience dreams very often where violent fighting againts others mens to get womens was fun and enjoyable,and not causing any negative feelings.a lot of liver can make you asexual until you stop for a few days.so i manifested competitive tendancies way more even in my daily life,while being very calm and stoic

A

Adf

yea i tryed eating only meat for a few weeks like 1pound of meat,120grammes of fats,liver often,while working out hard and taking sun,i did reach my highest degree of c calmness,it increased my competitive tendancies,and i started to experience dreams very often where violent fighting againts others mens to get womens was fun and enjoyable,and not causing any negative feelings.a lot of liver can make you asexual until you stop for a few days.so i manifested competitive tendancies way more even in my daily life,while being very calm and stoic
That certainly sounds like a prime system for an animal needing to hunt meat, calm to think clearly and rationally, but still fueling some potential aggression to hunt.

JamesGatz

Sh** this is a very important point I just remembered, that I was actually dealing with a while back:

GABA opposes glutamate, so if you are raising GABA too much by eating a lot of honey and gelatinous meats - sex hormone production tends to be interrupted.

On the other hand glutamate opposes GABA - if you are eating animal protein in the form of non-gelatinous meats you'll get some good glutamate, also if you are getting in manganese that will also stimulate glutamate (I would try experimenting with manganese foods and I would see if this ramps up the chasing of sex and women). If it helps then I think we have our answer.

When my GABA is too high I don't feel as driven in chasing sex/women, but when I increase glutamate that is all I really feel like doing. A while back my glutamate was too high and it was actually back-firing but I would highly recommend trying this option

OP
Gânico

Gânico

Sh** this is a very important point I just remembered, that I was actually dealing with a while back:

GABA opposes glutamate, so if you are raising GABA too much by eating a lot of honey and gelatinous meats - sex hormone production tends to be interrupted.

On the other hand glutamate opposes GABA - if you are eating animal protein in the form of non-gelatinous meats you'll get some good glutamate, also if you are getting in manganese that will also stimulate glutamate (I would try experimenting with manganese foods and I would see if this ramps up the chasing of sex and women). If it helps then I think we have our answer.

When my GABA is too high I don't feel as driven in chasing sex/women, but when I increase glutamate that is all I really feel like doing. A while back my glutamate was too high and it was actually back-firing but I would highly recommend trying this option
I see.. raw honey and raw gelatinous meat are staples for me, do you think i should eat muscle meat instead and drop honey for a while to see what happens?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals