increasing liuride dose

tara

I think the standard migraine prophylaxis dose is lower at 0.05mg daily.

narouz

It's interesting how different people respond
so differently to this drug.

For some it is almost ecstatically energizing...or dangerously energizing.
For others, like myself, a very heavy lethargy from a very small dose,
in the range noted above by Tara.

I wonder what diagnosis by treatment might be telling us here...?

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Ewlevy1 said:
What is lisuride supposed to do? Is it a stimulant?
Generally speaking it increases dopamine and lowers prolactin.

Velve921

So what are the most known side effects when consuming lisuride? Based on this forum discussion it can powerful?

Velve921

Sorry should not have said side effects...I meant more so what do you notice when consuming lisuride?

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I experienced some constipation and had to use cascara while taking it. It also reduced the amount of thyroid I needed. If I ever feel like I need to take it again I will be very consistent with measuring temp and pulse daily.

Velve921

SO typically do people feel increased energy? Can you go into more detail in how it makes you feel?

ALso, where do you get it?

Kenobi

Do any of you experience constricted pupils while taking Lisuride? I get that everytime. Not a good effect for the nearsighted.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Ewlevy1 said:
Sorry should not have said side effects...I meant more so what do you notice when consuming lisuride?
It's hard to put into words really. I remember feeling increased well-being and a peacefulness. I had a history of high prolactin and serotonin so it probably helped balance my system so I was able to experience life in a different way. I did wonder why lisuride wasn't used as an antidepressant but I know the reason why. It opened me up to a new world full of beauty and possibility. I don't know if it would effect others that way though. That was just my experience. I have been off of it since July and it seems I have not reverted back to my previous and to me more limited perspective. I was able to experience more love or love more completely. Something in me had been shut down prior to that and after lisuride it opened up and has never closed again. I now know everything will be ok. It's very subtle yet empowering. That's how it helped me anyway. Hopefully others will share their perspective.

tara

narouz said:
It's interesting how different people respond
so differently to this drug.

For some it is almost ecstatically energizing...or dangerously energizing.
For others, like myself, a very heavy lethargy from a very small dose,
in the range noted above by Tara.

I wonder what diagnosis by treatment might be telling us here...?

I think you said something similar about progesterone?
Are you typically sleep-deprived? If you are relying on stress hormones to keep you up and running, and then knock the stress hormones down a bit, maybe your body's desire for needed rest is reasserting itself?
If you take it at at time when you can sleep a lot for a few days, I wonder whether you would soon be refreshed and no longer lethargic?
Not that I know, just a speculation.
I remember Stone writing that if a decent lunch makes you sleepy, you probably need more sleep.

Kenobi

Guys, once again I almost fainted from half a tablet of lisuride. I started getting nauseous, weak, start feeling hot (especially in the head), started sweating. I had to keep my head down not to faint. This is the third time this happened with lisuride. I simply cannot take it. I tried gradually increasing the dosage AND not combining it with anything else. So if you want the rest of my lisuride (22 tablets), PM me.

Actually what happened was a lady got worried about me and called the ambulance. They took my blood sugar, it was 103. HR and BP high as always.

Velve921

So how much should I take a day and at what time? I'm assuming I should start small? Any and all details on dosing would be great.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Ewlevy1 said:
So how much should I take a day and at what time? I'm assuming I should start small? Any and all details on dosing would be great.
I've read that some people take it at night but for me it didn't seem to matter what time of day I took it. In fact the last time I was taking it I found 1/4 tablet 4 times per day worked best for me. If/when I take it again I will probably start with 1/4 tablet once per day and gradually build it up in amount or frequency over several days to a week. When I started it originally I used 1/2 tablet but I think in hindsight that 1/4 probably would have better.

Dayman

Kenobi said:
Guys, once again I almost fainted from half a tablet of lisuride. I started getting nauseous, weak, start feeling hot (especially in the head), started sweating. I had to keep my head down not to faint. This is the third time this happened with lisuride. I simply cannot take it. I tried gradually increasing the dosage AND not combining it with anything else. So if you want the rest of my lisuride (22 tablets), PM me.

Actually what happened was a lady got worried about me and called the ambulance. They took my blood sugar, it was 103. HR and BP high as always.

I had something like this today when I tried lisuride for the first time.
Took .1mg (1/2 a tablet)
felt extremely ill, wanted to just lie down, vomited twice, and sweated a lot.
I lay down most of the time as felt more nausea if I stood.
I took some domperidone hoping it would make me feel better, not sure if it did but I read something saying it should help.
I think I'll try 1/8 next time.
On the plus side it means they will last longer for me, if I can tolerate a smaller dose. :lol:

TeslaFan

Kenobi said:

Similar happened to me on bromocriptine (amplified with some alcohol later that day).
I think what happens is: dopamine sites get stimulated which causes sudden blood pressure drop, via blood vessel vasodilation. That's the fainting feeling at first. (I had to sit down or I felt I would fall down). Your body then uses adrenals to quickly raise the pressure and pulse, hence the fast pulse after.

I did not have this problem on half a pill of lisuride, but bromocriptine is stronger dopamine agonist, and acts on larger number of dopamine sites. I have not taken it since.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals