Bodybuilders of RPF: Did your mind changed when you changed your body?

BearWithMe

Have you experienced any changes in the way you think, the way you perceive things or the way you do things after you improved your physique?

More confidence? More assertivity? Less fear? Clearer thinking? More willingness to take risks? More creativity? Better ideas? More drive? Setting harder-to-achieve goals? Achieving more goals? Better mood and overall life optimism?

Have you noticed the changes yourself, or was it a feedback from another person?

Have you gotten better results in your job? If you are an enterpreneur, is your business doing better?

Did improving your physique changed your life in some other unexpected way?

TheGoogler

I'm about 3 months into regularly weightlifting, and yes absolutely. 100% I feel better and behave better across the board. Masculinity increases and compounds radically if you stick with it.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

I'm about 3 months into regularly weightlifting, and yes absolutely. 100% I feel better and behave better across the board. Masculinity increases and compounds radically if you stick with it.
3 months in and you already see such a profound changes? Man, that's awesome!

Dr. B

Have you experienced any changes in the way you think, the way you perceive things or the way you do things after you improved your physique?

More confidence? More assertivity? Less fear? Clearer thinking? More willingness to take risks? More creativity? Better ideas? More drive? Setting harder-to-achieve goals? Achieving more goals? Better mood and overall life optimism?

Have you noticed the changes yourself, or was it a feedback from another person?

Have you gotten better results in your job? If you are an enterpreneur, is your business doing better?

Did improving your physique changed your life in some other unexpected way?
lifting can be stressful apparently, but just having the good physique, provides euphoria of some kind. it doesnt help with businesses, i think that simply is personal and dependent on your goals etc.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

lifting can be stressful apparently, but just having the good physique, provides euphoria of some kind. it doesnt help with businesses, i think that simply is personal and dependent on your goals etc.
You need all the qualities mentioned in the second paragraph to be successful at business, though.

all of the guys running the billion-dollar tech companies and inventing new things have seemingly below average or very low test and shitty physiques.

if high T helped a ton with biz then all of the muscleheads at venice beach would be running the show. they're not.

not saying strength training won't help with mindset or confidence, it most likely will, but not in a way that will lead to anything remarkable.

Makrosky

all of the guys running the billion-dollar companies and inventing new things have seemingly below average or very low test and shitty physiques.

if high T helped a ton with biz then all of the muscleheads at venice beach would be running the show. they're not.

not saying strength training won't help with mindset or confidence, it most likely will, but not in a way that will lead to anything remarkable.
I'd rather be a "venice beach" musclehead than a disgusting soyboy aspergeric serotonergic nerd with an empty airbnb soul from silicon valley. Sorry.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

all of the guys running the billion-dollar tech companies and inventing new things have seemingly below average or very low test and shitty physiques.

That's a good point

I'd rather be a "venice beach" musclehead than a disgusting soyboy aspergeric serotonergic nerd with an empty airbnb soul from silicon valley. Sorry.
most guys would, but it's not about choosing to be one or the other. there's a certain level of unhappiness required for the ambition in the air of silicon valley. with attention from women, high T, solid physique, etc. those big dreams typically go away quite fast.

not the case that all of them fall into that phenotype though, especially as the tech industry expands, technical literacy becomes more important, and the stereotypes/dogmas around it begin to fade, there will be more outliers running companies that have a solid body and mind but are extremely driven individuals with high dopamine and a healthy metabolism.

in fact, the people who are naturally that way almost always end up at the top in whatever they pursue.

Last edited:

Risingfire

I used to have highs and lows with energy. Probably due to cortisol. Thyroid probably leveled me out. That being said gelatin and preg/dhea combo helped me put on more muscle

Risingfire

Tell a salesman your physique doesn't help

fr@

[Not sure if my response qualifies to the OP.]

'Cause I'm not a bodybuilder, but I do lots of physical activity (so my lifestyle is not 'Peaty').

But in response to getting better results on any aspect of living, I'd say not putting all your eggs in one basket works best (in my POV).
'Cause this reminds me of a friend who's balls deep in Jiujitsu (that's all he does) and every time he loses he kind of takes it personally.

I've also encountered that scenario several times with people who have inferiority complex.
And it kinda sucks dealing with these types of people, since you have to appease them in such a way.

To me, the ultimate bodybuilding (as in like building a human) is being a calm and reasonable person, at the same time increasing one's usefulness.

But at the end of the day, I think we could all be like Zyzz (RIP) and be chill and stop wars.
'Cause I honestly think that these frustrated soyboy are always be the ones that's going to cause trouble in this planet that we live.

Dr. B

Tell a salesman your physique doesn't help
what do you mean?
itll help with fitness products marketing,
if youre selling electronics i dont think physique will help much, unless you mean like the physique or good hormonal balance will personally motivate you

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

what do you mean?
itll help with fitness products marketing,
if youre selling electronics i dont think physique will help much, unless you mean like the physique or good hormonal balance will personally motivate you
Physique definitely helps with selling electronics (or anything else for that matter). A lot. People respect, follow and are more compliant to men with good physique. Both men and women.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

[Not sure if my response qualifies to the OP.]

'Cause I'm not a bodybuilder, but I do lots of physical activity (so my lifestyle is not 'Peaty').

But in response to getting better results on any aspect of living, I'd say not putting all your eggs in one basket works best (in my POV).
'Cause this reminds me of a friend who's balls deep in Jiujitsu (that's all he does) and every time he loses he kind of takes it personally.

I've also encountered that scenario several times with people who have inferiority complex.
And it kinda sucks dealing with these types of people, since you have to appease them in such a way.

To me, the ultimate bodybuilding (as in like building a human) is being a calm and reasonable person, at the same time increasing one's usefulness.

But at the end of the day, I think we could all be like Zyzz (RIP) and be chill and stop wars.
'Cause I honestly think that these frustrated soyboy are always be the ones that's going to cause trouble in this planet that we live.
This post is awesome. Spot on in each sentence

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals