Do dogs harbour risk factors for human breast cancer?

ursidae

Patients with breast carcinoma (N = 69) owned significantly more often dogs but not cats compared to age matched female controls.

We compared the frequencies of dog and pet ownership with data from public available statistics on women (N = 1320) of the same age group in Bavaria. The most striking result was that more than twice the number of patients kept dogs permanently in the last 10 years and at the time of interrogation as compared to control individuals at the time of interrogation (p = 0.0000003, relative risk 3.5). Further internet search on the morbidity of breast carcinoma showed in dogs a protracted course of disease and metastasesinto lung, liver and bones, resembling the course of disease in human breast cancer. In contrast with this, breast cancer presented in cats a dramatically short course and the main but unusual location of metastasis presents in the hind legs. A recent publication in Norway reported on a high frequency (53.3%) of breast carcinomas in 14,401 investigated dogs. Which transmissible factor or factors come into question? Variants of the mouse mammary tumor virus (MMTV) can productively replicate in human cells and in different animals, including dogs. Many investigators, but not all, could identify MMTV-like sequences in sporadic human breast cancer. MMTV or MMTV-like sequences have not been investigated in canine breast carcinomas until now. It is also conceivable that other microbes from the dog, for example bacteria, could participate in the first steps of carcinogenesis in human. It was recently shown that bartonella species promote vascularization and prevent apoptosis of infected cells with the same methods as helicobacter pylori. Our considerations require further research. Epidemiologic cohort studiesand identification of potential carcinogenic microbial factors will prove or disprove our hypothesis that risk factors from dogs could contribute to the carcinogenesis of human breast cancer.

8A4B7575-46F9-4E4C-B000-3BF4CB47CC88.jpeg

ThinPicking

Which transmissible factor or factors come into question? Variants of the mouse mammary tumor virus (MMTV) can productively replicate in human cells and in different animals, including dogs. Many investigators, but not all, could identify MMTV-like sequences in sporadic human breast cancer. MMTV or MMTV-like sequences have not been investigated in canine breast carcinomas until now. It is also conceivable that other microbes from the dog, for example bacteria, could participate in the first steps of carcinogenesis in human. It was recently shown that bartonella species promote vascularization and prevent apoptosis of infected cells with the same methods as helicobacter pylori.
How vague. My money's on something more tangible, maybe a behavioural tendency or lack of it that correlates.

It's over for dog owners.

Last edited:

EvanHinkle

I’ve seen two different dentists now who believe that dogs are a major cause of periodontal disease/metabolic disorders. I’ve had dogs all my life, periodontal issues since childhood, (including cavities) and hypothyroidism since I was a child. N=1, but I can see it.

Korven

Have dogs → get breast cancer.

Have cats → get toxoplasma → high prolactin, mental illnesses.

Are there any safe pets?

Nicole W.

Patients with breast carcinoma (N = 69) owned significantly more often dogs but not cats compared to age matched female controls.

We compared the frequencies of dog and pet ownership with data from public available statistics on women (N = 1320) of the same age group in Bavaria. The most striking result was that more than twice the number of patients kept dogs permanently in the last 10 years and at the time of interrogation as compared to control individuals at the time of interrogation (p = 0.0000003, relative risk 3.5). Further internet search on the morbidity of breast carcinoma showed in dogs a protracted course of disease and metastasesinto lung, liver and bones, resembling the course of disease in human breast cancer. In contrast with this, breast cancer presented in cats a dramatically short course and the main but unusual location of metastasis presents in the hind legs. A recent publication in Norway reported on a high frequency (53.3%) of breast carcinomas in 14,401 investigated dogs. Which transmissible factor or factors come into question? Variants of the mouse mammary tumor virus (MMTV) can productively replicate in human cells and in different animals, including dogs. Many investigators, but not all, could identify MMTV-like sequences in sporadic human breast cancer. MMTV or MMTV-like sequences have not been investigated in canine breast carcinomas until now. It is also conceivable that other microbes from the dog, for example bacteria, could participate in the first steps of carcinogenesis in human. It was recently shown that bartonella species promote vascularization and prevent apoptosis of infected cells with the same methods as helicobacter pylori. Our considerations require further research. Epidemiologic cohort studiesand identification of potential carcinogenic microbial factors will prove or disprove our hypothesis that risk factors from dogs could contribute to the carcinogenesis of human breast cancer.

View attachment 51206
Well, if this is true, I’m doomed. I’ve got 3 dogs right now and have had many during my life.

That being said, could it be a parasitic infection from picking up after them that gets the ball rolling? Hygiene is very very important when you have dogs.

EvanHinkle

Are there any safe pets?
I mean, it’s probably like anything else right? Like if you consistently give your pets aspirin, antibiotics, a decent diet, then it’s probably fine, but not optimal.

The problem is we have a health care system that actively dissuades us from using antibiotics, and encourages the use of probiotics, (without discretion). And that’s human care. Pet care is much much more primitive… the solution to periodontists for pets is to remove the teeth. As if the teeth are somehow “faulty” because of course the body is the enemy… what a paradigm!

Korven

I mean, it’s probably like anything else right? Like if you consistently give your pets aspirin, antibiotics, a decent diet, then it’s probably fine, but not optimal.

The problem is we have a health care system that actively dissuades us from using antibiotics, and encourages the use of probiotics, (without discretion). And that’s human care. Pet care is much much more primitive… the solution to periodontists for pets is to remove the teeth. As if the teeth are somehow “faulty” because of course the body is the enemy… what a paradigm!

My comment was intended to be a little tongue in cheek ("OMG my pets are giving me diseases heeelp!!!"... :lol:)

...but yeah I agree with the sentiment. I guess if you live with a chronically sick or obese dog then that sickness will transmit to other organisms as well, same as being around sick people can make you sick. I thought it was really interesting that dentists told you that being around dogs may cause periodontal disease. I am a cat person and never had teeth problem so that theory adds up LOL.

Completely off topic: I saw in a thread that you were experimenting with both doxy and aspirin. I've also been experimenting with doxy (and occasional aspirin) and it was amazing at calming down skin inflammation, worked like magic, but I think I've inadvertently caused some stomach or esophageal ulcer. Both doxycycline and aspirin can be sort of harsh on the gut; apparently you should not lie down after taking it due to the caustic nature of doxy. I should mention however that my stomach is sensitive so this may not apply at all to you, just something to keep in mind if you ever start to experience some gut discomfort.

OP
U

ursidae

Are there any safe pets?

Looking into all the zoonotic diseases dogs carry

I suspect there's a parasite they are a definitive host (reproduces sexually in the organism) or a reservoir host for with mind altering properties- high jacking the maternal and paternal neural pathways of humans (intermediate hosts), much like the toxoplasma gondii in cats which alters brains (of mice most notably). Would explain the increasing prevalence of such behaviour

Resize_Blog_Featured_Pic_d4ef8952-cd8e-4556-9277-0c8ab982f946.png

Last edited:

EvanHinkle

...but yeah I agree with the sentiment. I guess if you live with a chronically sick or obese dog then that sickness will transmit to other organisms as well, same as being around sick people can make you sick. I thought it was really interesting that dentists told you that being around dogs may cause periodontal disease. I am a cat person and never had teeth problem so that theory adds up LOL.

Completely off topic: I saw in a thread that you were experimenting with both doxy and aspirin. I've also been experimenting with doxy (and occasional aspirin) and it was amazing at calming down skin inflammation, worked like magic, but I think I've inadvertently caused some stomach or esophageal ulcer. Both doxycycline and aspirin can be sort of harsh on the gut; apparently you should not lie down after taking it due to the caustic nature of doxy. I should mention however that my stomach is sensitive so this may not apply at all to you, just something to keep in mind if you ever start to experience some gut discomfort.
Great point, I’ve never experienced stomach issues from doxy or aspirin, but I always take my aspirin with about 700mg glycine, (it serves to triple the effect of the aspirin without having to take as much, and protects from GI discomfort). Never had any GI issues with aspirin, but why not triple the effect and protect against the possibility while lowering the concentration of inflammatory aminos?

peter88

I suspect there's a parasite they host with mind altering properties- high jacking the maternal and paternal neural pathways for humans, much like the toxoplasma gondii in cats which alters brains (of mice most notably). Would explain the increasing prevalence of such behaviour

Or its simply because women are often told nowadays to focus on their careers and not to have children. They still have their maternal instincts to care for something such as a child, hence picking or choosing between cats or dogs.

Korven

Great point, I’ve never experienced stomach issues from doxy or aspirin, but I always take my aspirin with about 700mg glycine, (it serves to triple the effect of the aspirin without having to take as much, and protects from GI discomfort). Never had any GI issues with aspirin, but why not triple the effect and protect against the possibility while lowering the concentration of inflammatory aminos?

Awesome I do have a big bag of glycine, but didn't think of using it to protect the gut mucosa. I am gonna continue taking famotidine and introduce glycine/gelatin to heal this ulcer (?). I would really like to get back on dosing doxy as it had some seriously profound effects for me.

Korven

I suspect there's a parasite they are a definitive host (reproduces sexually in the organism) or a reservoir host for with mind altering properties- high jacking the maternal and paternal neural pathways of humans (intermediate hosts), much like the toxoplasma gondii in cats which alters brains (of mice most notably). Would explain the increasing prevalence of such behaviour

That actually makes so much sense - dog parasites are controlling our minds and thus we become obsessed with them.

What is the personality of a human infected with both dog parasite and toxoplasma? Disinhibited and dog loving?

OP
U

ursidae

Or its simply because women are often told nowadays to focus on their careers and not to have children. They still have their maternal instincts to care for something such as a child, hence picking or choosing between cats or dogs.
there's cases of parents who have children after they have gotten the dog and they still prioritise the dogs over the child. Also cases of dogs attacking a child and the family still keeps it

peter88

there's cases of parents who have children after they have gotten the dog and they still prioritise the dogs over the child. Also cases of dogs attacking a child and the family still keeps it
Those seem to be brainwashed Americans that glorify their shitbulls. What kind of parasite causes people to get their booster shots?

-Luke-

there's cases of parents who have children after they have gotten the dog and they still prioritise the dogs over the child.
Certainly dogs are easier to deal with than children. There are a lot of bad parents who unconsciously resent their children for laying bare how hollow and sickly they are as adults, and for making them acutely aware of their own failings. Dogs are notoriously slavish and devoted even to owners that mistreat them, whereas children are less inherently servile and require exponentially more investment and effort to raise well.

Also cases of dogs attacking a child and the family still keeps it
Glorifying pitbulls is now something of an American pastime, and parallels certain other socio-cultural pathologies in that country (and other countries, including my own).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals