How To Mitigate Damage From ZERO Sleep(NOT Insomnia Related)

Pufa

Every single intelligent person here talks about getting minimum 8 hours per night.
But sometimes life throws you curveballs and you have emergencies to handle.
I have such a situation and have slept 4 hours in the last 2 days, and tonight I may not get any sleep at all.
By tomorrow it should get handled and then I'll finally sleep again.
But any suggestions on how to lower the inevitable damage?

Tenacity

Niacinamide would help to reduce the increase in free fatty acids that occur alongside sleep deprivation.

Succinico acid helps a lot

lampofred

anything that lowers nitric oxide and increases GABA should help

Tarmander

This is an interesting question. On a more experiential level, do you want to take things that make you feel your tiredness, or that blunt it?

I have always leaned towards things that make me feel the tiredness I know I am experiencing.

OP
P

Pufa

This is an interesting question. On a more experiential level, do you want to take things that make you feel your tiredness, or that blunt it?

I have always leaned towards things that make me feel the tiredness I know I am experiencing.

I was mostly interested from a health an healing standpoint since I know how unhealthy this is. But on an experiential level I'd prefer to blunt it and stay more functional. Once the situation is over though I want to feel my tiredness full blast and then clonk out!

Tarmander

I was mostly interested from a health an healing standpoint since I know how unhealthy this is. But on an experiential level I'd prefer to blunt it and stay more functional. Once the situation is over though I want to feel my tiredness full blast and then clonk out!
experiential = health

How much "sleep" do truly healthy people need?
Anyone experimented with differing schedules of "sleep"?
What has Peat to say?

OP
P

Pufa

How much "sleep" do truly healthy people need?
Anyone experimented with differing schedules of "sleep"?
What has Peat to say?

Haven't read much from peat actually. I've been reading what some intelligent posters here write about it. They all talk about going with circadian rhythm and getting 8 hours.
So if you work nights your kinda screwed

tankasnowgod

Lots of light would be good, especially red and infrared. I believe Peat and others have mentioned that a summer in Alaska can be very healing, and the long days (sometimes 20 hours or more of daylight) drastically reduce the need for sleep.

He's also mentioned that sleep is a protection from stress, and that darkness itself is inherently stressful. However, stress hormones can help to keep you awake. I don't know if I would use a lot of the stress reducing substances during the time you need to be awake (especially since some induce drowsiness), but right before sleep for the next few days/weeks would likely be beneficial.

OP
P

Pufa

Lots of light would be good, especially red and infrared. I believe Peat and others have mentioned that a summer in Alaska can be very healing, and the long days (sometimes 20 hours or more of daylight) drastically reduce the need for sleep.

He's also mentioned that sleep is a protection from stress, and that darkness itself is inherently stressful. However, stress hormones can help to keep you awake. I don't know if I would use a lot of the stress reducing substances during the time you need to be awake (especially since some induce drowsiness), but right before sleep for the next few days/weeks would likely be beneficial.

Is there a red light company you recommended? Daylight savings just kicked in and New York is dark by 4:30pm. Very depressing since most people work till 5pm

Anders86

Ok I happen to have some zma from the bodybuilding days. Dont know anything about diamant though can you elaborate on that?

As of my understanding NMDA antagonists helps clear the brain of beta amoloid plaque which promotes deseases like alzheimer, schizofrenia, dementia etc.

Diamant increases dopamine making you more awake and then dampens sleep deprivation related damage. It increases tyrosine hydroxilase without the need of sun and clears your brain of beta amoloids as it is an NMDA antagonist.

One of the main sleeping aid in psychiatric medicine is quetapin and it makes you sleep by lowering dopamine..

OP
P

Pufa

As of my understanding NMDA antagonists helps clear the brain of beta amoloid plaque which promotes deseases like alzheimer, schizofrenia, dementia etc.

Diamant increases dopamine making you more awake and then dampens sleep deprivation related damage. It increases tyrosine hydroxilase without the need of sun and clears your brain of beta amoloids as it is an NMDA antagonist.

One of the main sleeping aid in psychiatric medicine is quetapin and it makes you sleep by lowering dopamine..

Are you spelling it correctly? I cant find any info about it online. Is it a pharmaceutical drug? Sounds very interesting but the search leads me to diamonds :/

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals