Is the phosphorus/calcium ratio in the diet really important for good health?

Vins7

Should I be concerned if I eat much more meat than dairy?
Has anyone noticed a significant improvement in any way after consuming more calcium and less phosphorus?

Oh yes
I did lots of experiments without calcium
At some point you become hyperactive and extremely sharp but you don't realize that it's actually stress
You will get insomnia and you'll sleep less
Irritability was often present, 2-3 times a day for no good reason
The diet was meat, organs and sugar.

After getting some calcium powder symptoms went away

peter88

I’ve never noticed a difference whether the C:P ratio was 1:1, 1:2, 2:1, etc. I also react poorly to all calcium supplements.

OP
V

Vins7

Oh sí
Hice muchos experimentos sin calcio.
En algún momento te vuelves hiperactivo y extremadamente agudo, pero no te das cuenta de que en realidad es estrés.
Tendrás insomnio y dormirás menos
La irritabilidad a menudo estaba presente, 2-3 veces al día sin una buena razón
La dieta consistía en carne, órganos y azúcar.

Después de recibir algo de polvo de calcio, los síntomas desaparecieron.
Interesting

youngsinatra

I think RDA levels of calcium is a good aim. (~1000mg)

I seem to get some negative symptoms when I go below or above that.

I personally drink mineral water for calcium and magnesium. (Gerolsteiner mainly in the last months)

milk_lover

If you eat around 250 grams of meat a day, you are getting 600 mg phosphorus. To offset that, you need to drink 2 liters of milk since that has a net calcium of 600 mg (net calcium = calcium - phosphorous). If you eat 500 grams of meat, you will need around 4 liters of milk which for some is too much. Since I eat between 250 and 500 grams of meat daily and I only love full fat milk, I drink a liter of milk (sometimes 2 liters when I am thirsty) and then add one to three 300mg calcium pills. I make them from my morning egg shells and put them in gelatin capsules. If I eat only 250 grams of meat, I only take one pill with the one liter milk. If I eat 500 grams of meat, I take three pills with the one liter milk. This way I can eat my favorite type of milk (full fat) without getting too much calories while keeping the Ca/P slightly above one. Some days I don’t eat much meat, so the one liter full fat milk is enough.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals