Is this still the Ray Peat forum or has changed to low toxic lifestyle?

movebetter

My emails are now coming from low toxic lifestyle not Ray Peat Forum.
I noticed this list of good and bad foods are majorly contradictory to what Ray was recommending.
What's happening here?

DanDare

Forum Supporter
I noticed this list of good and bad foods are majorly contradictory to what Ray was recommending.
What's happening here?

Ray tried a variety of eating approaches throughout his life. Infact in the last few years of his life he spoke of ( and caused upset ) by emphasising fibre, oats, mushrooms, protein restriction, and he even mentioned he was eating liver perhaps once a month. It goes without saying he was very aware of avoiding toxins. Note that many people jumped on these ideas like they were new compulsory straples.

Ray never stopped experimenting, changing his mind, and so I don't think the concepts of low toxin and Ray Peat's core principles are mutually exclusive.

Ray stressed many times that supplements were often the cause of many people's problems.

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
Thanks @DanDare, your comment makes sense. Aren't most of us constantly refining our understanding of health and food? It's a normal process of an inquisitive mind.

What's happening here?

Same boat. I cancelled my subscription here. Would love to find another Peaty community.

Jayvee

Same boat. I cancelled my subscription here. Would love to find another Peaty community.

It's already happened. Another one was launched the day Georgi was banned and it got 1000s of signups on day one. Such a shame this community has got divided and maintains Ray's name in the domain. I think the domain being handed over to someone else and this transitioning to a new domain would be the best solution here because it's confusing for those finding Ray's work. Not to takeaway from the experimenting going on here, I support that just not tarnishing Ray's name would be nice.

Jayvee

@charlie what if we purchased the domain off you (as a syndicate) rather than the website/forum? So we buy raypeatforum.com and you transfer this forum to a new name? If you were to rename it lowtoxinforum for example then you could potentially capture Dr. Garrett Smith's audience (which is bigger than Ray's on social media) AND you'll have a bigger audience to sell your lifegivingstore products too. what do you think? All parties are happy then. this clash with raypeat people sharing the forum doesn't seem to work. Personally I like both ideas but not so much the trash talking of Ray's ideas (out of context). I come in peace here, no malice intended!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
@charlie what if we purchased the domain off you (as a syndicate) rather than the website/forum? So we buy raypeatforum.com and you transfer this forum to a new name? If you were to rename it lowtoxinforum for example then you could potentially capture Dr. Garrett Smith's audience (which is bigger than Ray's on social media) AND you'll have a bigger audience to sell your lifegivingstore products too. what do you think? All parties are happy then. this clash with raypeat people sharing the forum doesn't seem to work. Personally I like both ideas but not so much the trash talking of Ray's ideas (out of context). I come in peace here, no malice intended!
That's a no. Move on from this topic or I move you on.

DanDare

Forum Supporter
Ray was never a pill and supplement salesman. Therefore he also didn't cherry pick studies to suit whatever he wanted. He'd emphasis books and experience and was skeptical of supplements and pharmaceuticals. Pointed out several were bad for your liver, including cyproheptamine.

I remember an episode of Danny Roddy's podcast with Ray and Haidut, and Ray is obviously not at all keen on Meth blue, but Haidut keeps trying to get the answer he wants from Ray, his endorsement for it's use with 'covid'. Ray in typical agreeable fashion doesn't full on say no but instead says ' it is less toxic than some other things' or words to that effect.

mosaic01

Ray was never a pill and supplement salesman.

It's pretty sad that people got the impression he endorsed these things. I followed this forum from the beginning and seeing the endorsement of potentially dangerous "research chemicals" was something that I found simply horrifying and against everything that Peat stood for. I am glad this time is gone and now the direction is a healthy one.

The community developed it's own dynamic and forced it onto him, especially when it comes to drugs and chemicals. But at the same time, he should not be taken out of this equation. His diet recommendations of no starches, fruit, sugar, coffee, seafood, liver, dairy, orange juice, gelatin, etc. were consistent over the years and he also did recommend some medications and considered them not problematic, like the tetracyclines.

Last edited:

PopSocket

Ray was never a pill and supplement salesman. Therefore he also didn't cherry pick studies to suit whatever he wanted. He'd emphasis books and experience and was skeptical of supplements and pharmaceuticals. Pointed out several were bad for your liver, including cyproheptamine.

I remember an episode of Danny Roddy's podcast with Ray and Haidut, and Ray is obviously not at all keen on Meth blue, but Haidut keeps trying to get the answer he wants from Ray, his endorsement for it's use with 'covid'. Ray in typical agreeable fashion doesn't full on say no but instead says ' it is less toxic than some other things' or words to that effect.
I remember this talk too. MB is obviously toxic especially when combined with light therapy... Causes DNA damage and who knows what else. Also there was a little bit of push from Haidut for Ray Peat to re-think his stance on Aromasin which is an ABSOLUTE TOXIC GARBAGE.

Dr. B

I remember this talk too. MB is obviously toxic especially when combined with light therapy... Causes DNA damage and who knows what else. Also there was a little bit of push from Haidut for Ray Peat to re-think his stance on Aromasin which is an ABSOLUTE TOXIC GARBAGE.
Can you DM on that? Is light therapy also toxic or only if combined with MB.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals