Niacinamide/Tallow- maths assistance please!

teds

Forum Supporter
Hello all.
Wanting to make some body cream with tallow. I saw another thread around this and someone added Niacinamide and other bits. Can someone help with dosage for the Niacinamide? If I have half a cup of tallow- how much Niacinamide should I add for benefit?
Slight random but thanks for help in advance. 🙏🏻

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Not a direct answer, but I usually apply serum with niacinamide, and after half an hour or so, use a product with tallow and methylene blue or Saturee's product, face cream. The tallow with methylene blue is off of amazon. I like it.

OP
teds

teds

Forum Supporter
Not a direct answer, but I usually apply serum with niacinamide, and after half an hour or so, use a product with tallow and methylene blue or Saturee's product, face cream. The tallow with methylene blue is off of amazon. I like it.
mmmm- yes it would be good to add some MB too... i'm just feeling in the DIY mood and have a bunch of suet that I can use... i'm at the stage where I'll just be chucking the powder in and hoping for the best..:shame:

Dave Clark

I have read that the percentage of niacinamide in cream should be between 2% and 5%, usually see 3% in creams. I would suppose this percentage is by weight, not volume, so you would have to weigh out your cream, then weigh, say 3% niacinamide, and mix it into the cream.

OP
teds

teds

Forum Supporter
I have read that the percentage of niacinamide in cream should be between 2% and 5%, usually see 3% in creams. I would suppose this percentage is by weight, not volume, so you would have to weigh out your cream, then weigh, say 3% niacinamide, and mix it into the cream.
Thank you!!!! Super helpful. :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals