Please advise

Morten

Forum Supporter
I need an advise regarding aspirin as a possible lithium antagonist. My mothers doctor says those two substances can be taken together. My mother has been taken lithium for decades for her mental health, and recently she's been diagnosed with cancer near the nose. I Thought a protocol could be aspirin( 2 x 325 mg daily), and Idealabs pyrucet, 3 - 4 drops on the navel area for that cancer. I have not been able to find anything regarding lithium and aspirin....Hope someone has a clue.

aliml

Aspirin appears to be beneficial for patients taking lithium.

GTW

The form of lithium is a critical variable.
Carbonate and sulfate may have dangerously low therapeutic indices. Amines like lithium orotate not so?

OP
M

Morten

Forum Supporter
The form of lithium is a critical variable.
Carbonate and sulfate may have dangerously low therapeutic indices. Amines like lithium orotate not so?
Hi GTW.

I´m danish, so I don't fully understand....Carbonate and sulfate, you mean lithium carbonate and lithium sulfate? Is that two different kinds?, if, then I must check it out. The last sentence I do not fully grasp:)

GTW

Lithium carbonate and lithium sulfate are two forms\lithium compounds.
Lithium orotate is commonly available nutritional supplement, often taken at 5-10 mg doses.

OP
M

Morten

Forum Supporter
Lithium carbonate and lithium sulfate are two forms\lithium compounds.
Lithium orotate is commonly available nutritional supplement, often taken at 5-10 mg doses.
Ahhh, now I understand. Do you know anything about, which is the safest? Carbonate or Sulfate. In the studies above, they make no difference in the lithium type, it says only "Lithium"

GTW

Ahhh, now I understand. Do you know anything about, which is the safest? Carbonate or Sulfate. In the studies above, they make no difference in the lithium type, it says only "Lithium"
That's the problem.
Amine is safer because often effective at the 5-10 mg doses.

GTW

>LiOr is proposed to cross the blood–brain barrier and enter cells more readily than Li2CO3, which will theoretically allow for reduced dosage requirements and ameliorated toxicity concerns.

GTW

Note also that aspirin used in studies ref above, low dose <125 mg?

OP
M

Morten

Forum Supporter
>LiOr is proposed to cross the blood–brain barrier and enter cells more readily than Li2CO3, which will theoretically allow for reduced dosage requirements and ameliorated toxicity concerns.
So the commenly available used Lithium Orotate is the one, which could cross the blood-brain barrier? I take two babyasp. every day 2 x 50 mg, and consider that dose for my mother as well, it will be under the 125 mg. Thanks for your service:))

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals