The Progest-E & Raw Honey High

OP
Rinse & rePeat
what about teeth?
I use to think sugars caused tooth decay too koky, until i discovered the Weston Price Foundation. It is through this foundation that I discovered Ray Peat, almost 7 years ago. Tooth decay is a nutritional problem. I never ate sweets before finding Ray Peat, for no other reason than I don’t like sweet things. Even as a kid I did not like sweets, not even fruit. I still don’t enjoy sweets like I do savory things, but I eat honey, sugar and fruit for my good health. I put salt on everything sweet to make it more palatable, even salt in my sweetened coffee. i have never had a cavity in all these 7 years of adding a lot of sugary things into my diet. Thank goodness sugar is not a culprit or I would have to be brushing my teeth all day day long….

“The American Dental Association states that bacteria feed on sugars left on our teeth from eating foods such as milk, raisins, cakes or candy, producing acids that destroy tooth enamel and over time result in tooth decay. By contrast, Cure Tooth Decay introduces us to Weston Price and Melvin Page, dentists whose work helps us understand the true nature of tooth decay.

Dr. Page’s discovery is that tooth decay is the result of a biochemical disturbance of the calcium- phosphorous ratio. This imbalance reverses the flow of nutrients through the three miles per tooth of microscopic dental tubules. When minerals are taken from the tooth, “it is quite possible that the body is sacrificing the minerals in the teeth for use by the vital organs.” “Lack of adequate nutrition causes physical degeneration and tooth decay is the result of physical degeneration.” With this understanding, different dietary choices can be made.“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Progesterone and pregnenolone have been called the antifibromatic steroids, and it has been used to treat many inflammatory and fibrotic diseases, including cancer.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“…in women, the onset of menopause (the first missed period, suddenly increased bone loss, nervous symptoms such as depression, insomnia, and flushing) corresponds to the failure to produce progesterone, while estrogen is produced at normal levels. This results in a great functional excess of estrogen, because it is no longer opposed by progesterone. Typically, it takes about four years for the monthly estrogen excess to disappear. They suggested that the bone loss sets in immediately when progesterone fails because cortisol then is able to dominate, causing bone catabolism; progesterone normally protects against cortisol. Other researchers have pointed out that estrogen dominance promotes mitosis of the prolactin-secreting cells of the pituitary, and that prolactin causes osteoporosis; by age 50, most people have some degree of tumefaction of the prolactin-secreting part of the pituitary. But estrogen dominance (or progesterone deficiency) also clearly obstructs thyroid secretion, and thyroid governs the rate of bone metabolism and repair. Correcting the thyroid and progesterone should take care of the cortisol/prolactin/osteo- porosis problem.“ -Ray Peat

J.R.K

“…in women, the onset of menopause (the first missed period, suddenly increased bone loss, nervous symptoms such as depression, insomnia, and flushing) corresponds to the failure to produce progesterone, while estrogen is produced at normal levels. This results in a great functional excess of estrogen, because it is no longer opposed by progesterone. Typically, it takes about four years for the monthly estrogen excess to disappear. They suggested that the bone loss sets in immediately when progesterone fails because cortisol then is able to dominate, causing bone catabolism; progesterone normally protects against cortisol. Other researchers have pointed out that estrogen dominance promotes mitosis of the prolactin-secreting cells of the pituitary, and that prolactin causes osteoporosis; by age 50, most people have some degree of tumefaction of the prolactin-secreting part of the pituitary. But estrogen dominance (or progesterone deficiency) also clearly obstructs thyroid secretion, and thyroid governs the rate of bone metabolism and repair. Correcting the thyroid and progesterone should take care of the cortisol/prolactin/osteo- porosis problem.“ -Ray Peat
This explains so much on a nutshell as to the symptoms of menopause and also as you pointed out earlier “manopause”.
Do you think that progesterone can totally reverse the tumefication of the prolactin secreting part of the pituitary?
Is thyroid something that all elderly should receive as well on a case by case basis?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
This explains so much on a nutshell as to the symptoms of menopause and also as you pointed out earlier “manopause”.
Do you think that progesterone can totally reverse the tumefication of the prolactin secreting part of the pituitary?
Is thyroid something that all elderly should receive as well on a case by case basis?
I think all elderly people should take it. I got my 98 year old ex-mother-in-law taking it this past couple of weeks, for her insomnia and horrible edema in her legs, which years of medications has done nothing for either. She has only been taken my one dose at bedtime and today she called me and said her ankles are skinny!

J.R.K

I think all elderly people should take it. I got my 98 year old ex-mother-in-law taking it this past couple of weeks, for her insomnia and horrible edema in her legs, which years of medications has done nothing for either. She has only been taken my one dose at bedtime and today she called me and said her ankles are skinny!
Are you referring to thyroid or progesterone @Rinse & rePeat ?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
So would you supplement both or thyroid until biological levels would be able to maintain there own levels then discontinue if that would happen then continue with progesterone?
Ray Peat thinks so….

“As I have discussed previously, progesterone alone has brought people out of post-epileptic dementia and senile dementia, but it is reasonable to use a combined physiological approach, including thyroid.” -Ray Peat

J.R.K

Ray Peat thinks so….

“As I have discussed previously, progesterone alone has brought people out of post-epileptic dementia and senile dementia, but it is reasonable to use a combined physiological approach, including thyroid.” -Ray Peat
It seems like a sound safe strategy, yet has either been buried, ignored or labelled as dangerous or carcinogenic to avoid the urge to experiment and find results that might be beneficial.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
It seems like a sound safe strategy, yet has either been buried, ignored or labelled as dangerous or carcinogenic to avoid the urge to experiment and find results that might be beneficial.
I have no idea about thyroid, but Progest-E I recommend.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Johnston (1979) found that progesterone (but not estrone, estradiol, testosterone, or androstenedione) was significantly lower in those losing bone mass most rapidly.

Around the age of 50, when bone loss is increasing, progesterone and thyroid are likely to be deficient, and cortisol and prolactin are likely to be increased. Prolactin contributes directly to bone loss, and is likely to be one of the factors that contributes to decreased progesterone production.” -Ray Peat

J.R.K

“Johnston (1979) found that progesterone (but not estrone, estradiol, testosterone, or androstenedione) was significantly lower in those losing bone mass most rapidly.

Around the age of 50, when bone loss is increasing, progesterone and thyroid are likely to be deficient, and cortisol and prolactin are likely to be increased. Prolactin contributes directly to bone loss, and is likely to be one of the factors that contributes to decreased progesterone production.” -Ray Peat
What strategy do you like to oppose prolactin and increase thyroid in terms of dietary recommendations @Rinse & rePeat ? I can think of salt for prolactin and calcium for thyroid. Any other recommendations you might know of?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
What strategy do you like to oppose prolactin and increase thyroid in terms of dietary recommendations @Rinse & rePeat ? I can think of salt for prolactin and calcium for thyroid. Any other recommendations you might know of?
My choices would be good quality protein, avoidance of PUFA and progesterone for prolactin and shellfish for thyroid. I posted this promising idea, this morning elsewhere, for thyroid….

“Contrast hydrotherapy (application of hot and cold) to the neck and throat may stimulate thyroid function. It is done by alternating 3 minutes heat exposure with 1 minute cold. This is repeated three times for one set, and two to three sets are done per day.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“In a progesterone deficiency, we produce too much cortisone, and excessive cortisone causes osteoporosis, aging of the skin, damage to brain cells, and the accumulation of fat, especially on the back and abdomen.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
UPDATE:

I have been experimenting with Progest-E again. I used it a lot last year for stress and sleep, and it was so beneficial to me. When I wasn’t in a stressed state, I wasn’t sure it was benefitting me, and thought it might have been making me emotional instead. Though the progesterone may have been a contributor, I am pretty sure the ginger soda I was having on most days may have been more of the culprit. So I gave them both up and that emotional business cleared up. I still used it when I go to out to a restaurant though, without any negative side effects. I got to thinking about something I had read last year about how corpses look wrinkle free, and serene, because all of their muscles are relaxed after death. This got me thinking about the stress lines I started getting last year between my eyes, those furrows. Most days I have them lately, but other days, when I am laughing a lot, I don’t have them. I realized that I need to address them, before they become permanent wrinkles. So I have been messaging and pinching that area, and then remembered how progesterone has an anesthesia effect. So I rubbed a small amount between my eyes, very small, to give those muscles some release through the night. I did this the last two nights and it seems to not only be working on making my face look more relaxed and “perky” in the morning, but for the first time in a long time I am having the best dreams! My dreams have been romantic and adventurous, in a non-stressful way. I am riding a motorcycle last night up tall hills and down treacherous ones, where I have to strategize the right way to get down without misjudging and crashing into the treacherous waters and rocks below, and I even got stuck in a cave last night and an earthquake came on top of that situation, but none of it was bad. I stayed calm in my dream. I even found a tiny hole to climb up through and out of the cave, like I was in an Indiana Jones movie, where everything turns out alright. I am going to continue to experiment with that oh so tiny drop between tiny eyes, spread up onto my forehead, and see what other adventures I might have when I should be sleeping!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Experiments have shown that progesterone relieves anxiety, improves memory, protects brain cells, and even prevents epileptic seizures.” -Ray Peat

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals