Topical Vit D Absorption

johnwester130

the D3 I have is in microcrystalline cellulose which kind of bums me out. There are studies where tumors are created by this substance topically so that has kept me from using it a lot topically.

D3 is incredibly intensely concentrated so it has to be diluted. The powder I have is 100,000 units per gram and apparently that is extremely diluted.

why can't the liquid been taken through the mouth

raypeatclips

I'm glad that some of you have done testing, though the results are disappointing.

The carrier oil is probably important. I think MCT should be absorbed more easily than olive oil or similar long chain fats. I'm curious about the specific products everyone used for their topical application? I chose thorne because the low concentration would allow me to spread alot of oil over a large area and better replicate sun exposure. I'm covering almost my entire abdomen with it.

Carlson d3 2000iu drops.

raypeatclips

What happened to the videos dude?

Various reasons. Work situation changed, got busier and more stressful. Got bored of doing the videos. Became quite unwell for a couple of months. Slightly disillusioned with the "Peat way" many people on the forum would say my diet is does not fit the "Peat way" yet I am getting healthier than i was a few months ago.

Lee Simeon

Various reasons. Work situation changed, got busier and more stressful. Got bored of doing the videos. Became quite unwell for a couple of months. Slightly disillusioned with the "Peat way" many people on the forum would say my diet is does not fit the "Peat way" yet I am getting healthier than i was a few months ago.
Geez lousie, its about damn time people start minding their own damn business. All in all, I appreciate the work you did, and still listens to your videos every once in a while.

Wilfrid

Where could I buy some of that?

Here:
D3-50 50,000 IU

Using water-soluble forms of the oily vitamins ( except vit E ) are the key for effective transdermal delivery in adults. Water is probaly the best and safest percutaneous enhancer ( particulary when combined with some alcohol and enough concentration of added niacinamide ) :

https://benthamopen.com/contents/pdf/TODDJ/TODDJ-1-36

http://cyber.sci-hub.cc/MTAuMTExMS8xNTIzLTE3NDcuZXAxMjMyODAzMQ==/[email protected]

One of the few very well designed study ( made on humans ) for transdermal vit D was made by using a water soluble form of D ( in fact a water-glycerin formulation along with aloe and some essential oils.).
Life extension used to make such kind of vitamin D ( water-glycerin base ) but unfortunately not anymore....Which leave us with only very few effective ( and safe ) transdermal formulations: Retinyl ( idealabs), Nutrisorb A and home-made ones for other oily vitamins ( such as D and K ).
For the D, using the scalp/hair follicles as the best location for transdermal delivery.

Last edited:

DaveFoster

I tried applying vitamin D transdermally and according to my blood test, it did no raise my blood levels. So I am wondering whether the K2 applied dermally will have any effect at all.
Around 20-40k IU topically daily in olive oil and I tested at low ends of the vitamin D range. 50 - 100k topically would be more appropriate.

tomisonbottom

You can order a 25(OH)D blood test yourself for less than $40. It would be trivially simple to perform a before/after test using transdermal application of Vitamin D3, to determine whether you are successfully raising your blood level. In fact, it would be very foolish NOT to do this, since you may be overdosing and causing toxicity, or underdosing and receiving no health benefit.

I'm going to test this myself with a baseline test tomorrow and another after some time applying 10k IU daily of D3 dissolved in MCT oil (Thorne brand). I'll let you know what happens. Still can't believe this hasn't been done yet, with all the threads that exist around the internet talking about topical vitamin D. We need less speculation and more data here.

Where can one get a test for $40? Thanks.

Dan W

Where can one get a test for $40?
Of the companies I know to be legit, Life Extension the cheapest at $47, and usually gets deeply discounted around April. You go to a LabCorp location for them.

The very cheapest one I've just come across is New Century Labs at $33 plus a $12 draw fee, though I have no idea whether they're legitimate. You go to a Quest location for them.

invictus

Dr. Stasha Gominak, a neurologist in Texas, recommends vitamin D to help re-establish normal sleep patterns. With long term serious sleep problems and a history of taking large amounts of vitamin D/K2 MK4, I did an experiment, applying 50,000 IU of D on forearms, chest and neck, in the evening, between 7 & 8. At the same time, I ingest 1 gm of magnesium carbonate and 600 mg of calcium carbonate mixed in a teaspoon of olive oil. By 10, I get quite sleepy. I fall asleep, quickly, but every night, I wake at 3. I also eat before bed; a cheese sandwich(not processed cheese) and a few gulps of non-caffeinated soda with real sugar. Last night I fell back asleep, but not the night before. However, I don't have daytime sleepiness or cognitive blunting and my energy level is more consistent.

Too early to say yea or nay but being the eternal lab rat, and as I withdraw from 13.5 years of Klonopin use, I'll keep on with my experiment. Perhaps it will just take time for the neuroendocrine system to re-align. I'm also losing weight, perhaps(said, cautiously) from rebalancing leptin and ghrelin. 35 lbs overweight. Anything positive is good.

invictus

Relevant to this thread, since I'm seeing a daily decline in weight, possibly, from topical D in the evening. Much different,IMO, increasing endogenous GH, than taking GH injections.

Eur J Endocrinol. 2013 Oct 21;169(6):767-72. doi: 10.1530/EJE-13-0510. Print 2013 Dec.
Vitamin D increases circulating IGF1 in adults: potential implication for the treatment of GH deficiency.
Ameri P1, Giusti A, Boschetti M, Bovio M, Teti C, Leoncini G, Ferone D, Murialdo G, Minuto F.
Author information
Internal Medicine Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, Centre of Excellence for Biomedical Research, IRCCS-AOU San Martino-IST, University of Genova, Viale Benedetto XV, 6, 16132 Genova, Italy.

Katia

Is there any problem if I use D3 sublingual? Do you know the reason to have it topically?

Just spilt around 2,000,000IU on my wood floor. Preferring not to waste, I mopped it up with both hands and covered my shoulders, legs, feet, and wrists. Let's see if I turn into a statue.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals