What is a good low-cost red light lamp device to get in 2022?

Advocate2021

Loving not the office movie set!! I don’t care what it will look like either and don’t want to spend a fortune on a device which I may not use safely. I could definitely do with improving my sleep. I long for an uninterrupted 8 hour night! My sleep has been really bad lately ...
5 Light - Floor Lamps - Lamps - The Home Depot and the brooders and bulbs others already posted- cheap and last forever and do the job. for the standing five prong you just use without the shades and get 65 watt flood lamp bulbs, warm and clear if possible. The flat faced flood bulbs allow for directed light which if much more effective than regular bulbs for these purposes. Ive been using these for my red light therapy 15 years- very effective, no need for expensive devices except perhaps if using them for more targeted healing purposes for skin etc- maybe they can provide more targeted benefit.

EvanHinkle

Thank you! The devices, even with the Red Friday sale, are expensive so your reminder about the importance of being really careful with distance, time and dose is very wise advice. Maybe I too should look into those poultry heat lamps and make my own! How difficult is it? What do I need?
I’m not sure of the prices these days, but six years ago a brooder clamp and bulb were 30 dollars total in the US. That’s all you need. The clamp plugs into an outlet and you screw the bulb in. I clamp mine to the back of a dining room chair and aim it wherever.

EvanHinkle

Honeycomb

I’m not sure of the prices these days, but six years ago a brooder clamp and bulb were 30 dollars total in the US. That’s all you need. The clamp plugs into an outlet and you screw the bulb in. I clamp mine to the back of a dining room chair and aim it wherever.
Thanks so much! Really useful. It sounds very simple and cheap if one only needs two items :)

Honeycomb

5 Light - Floor Lamps - Lamps - The Home Depot and the brooders and bulbs others already posted- cheap and last forever and do the job. for the standing five prong you just use without the shades and get 65 watt flood lamp bulbs, warm and clear if possible. The flat faced flood bulbs allow for directed light which if much more effective than regular bulbs for these purposes. Ive been using these for my red light therapy 15 years- very effective, no need for expensive devices except perhaps if using them for more targeted healing purposes for skin etc- maybe they can provide more targeted benefit.
Just wanted to say thanks again for all your sound advice. Cannot wait to get some good light in this house!

Advocate2021

Just wanted to say thanks again for all your sound advice. Cannot wait to get some good light in this house!
I have been nomadic this last year and carrying my brooders from place to place. but missed having the standing five prong lamp and already had a box of flood 65 watt incadescant bulbs in my car so bought a standing 5 prong lamp at walmart and brought it up to my space so with it and the two brooder 250 watt lamps i have 825 watts of red light pointed at me now and feel even better! i think the combo works great.

Honeycomb

David PS

I purchased my brooders locally from Lowe's. I ordered the light bulbs from Amazon. My current thinking is that it is important to get near infrared (NIR) LEDs in the mix.

Advocate2021

@Advocate2021 You said clear bulbs if possible. Not red?
correct- the red tint takes away some of the beneficial spectrum. Clear and running on 130 volts is ideal. my two 250 watt clear heat lamps run on 130 volts- ordered them off amazon per Danny Roddy's video. the 5 flood bulbs i have in my standing five prong floor lamp i just got at Home Depot and they are not clear and run on 120 volts- when they burn out I will order clear and 130 volts- which are even better. nevertheless i definitely feel the effects from my set up. i can stay inside much longer if need be and feel like ive been out in the sun all day; although when its nice outside i do love getting sunshine but in winter these lights really make up for the deficit as the red light is the most beneficial anyway although uv produces vitamin D. But in winter, vitamin D supplement (topical probably best) is often required.

HighT

I have the one from your second link. 1-3 times weekly use for maybe 1-2 hours and still running six years later.

What kind of cap you are using for the philips bulb. Here the best cap I can find is up to 150W just as the bulb but there are bulbs e27 up to 400W. Im not sure if I need such powerful bulb but could such be screwed to a regular cap safely?

EvanHinkle

What kind of cap you are using for the philips bulb. Here the best cap I can find is up to 150W just as the bulb but there are bulbs e27 up to 400W. Im not sure if I need such powerful bulb but could such be screwed to a regular cap safely?
What do you mean by cap? I just have the brooder clamp and the bulb. Nothing else. Plugs into a standard, (US) electrical outlet.

HighT

What do you mean by cap? I just have the brooder clamp and the bulb. Nothing else. Plugs into a standard, (US) electrical outlet.

A ''cap'' is what translator gave me. Its called ''fasunga'' here. It looks like this:

тдвн.jpg сдтнм.jpg

You screw the bulb to it. In my bedroom I have put a standard incandecent bulb 100 watts and the cap is very hot,you cant touch it. So I thing a standard cap won't hold a powerful bulb like 300 watt.

David PS

A ''cap'' is what translator gave me. Its called ''fasunga'' here. It looks like this:

View attachment 46098 View attachment 46099

You screw the bulb to it. In my bedroom I have put a standard incandecent bulb 100 watts and the cap is very hot,you cant touch it. So I thing a standard cap won't hold a powerful bulb like 300 watt.
I use a ceramic version of the plastic cap.

David PS

Ok, there are ceramics I could get. What are the bulbs you have attached to them?
I have several different bulbs. I do not know what works best.

This thread started by Haidut convinced me that 130V is worth considering.

I purchased this bulb designed for swimming pool use in 2016 and it still works fine. I do not have a swimming pool, I just use it next to my computer. :):

Satco 7007 Pool And Spa Bulb 500W 130V

Red light is becoming a hot topic (pun intended) this time of year and I just started this thread (so it is a very short thread).
Ray mentions 670nm which is in the Near InfraRed (NIR) range. Therapeutic effects of red light come from 600-1070nm
radiation (red and near-infrared light). NIR light is considered to be very safe and I have NIR bulbs in a prefabricated panel that I purchased at alibaba.com.

HighT

@David PS Thanks, I looked at your thread earlier today, will follow.

Does 'V' stands for voltage or VAC?

If that so does it mean if more than 130 even better or it has to be exactly 130V? Cause here the smallest I could find are 220VAC. And in my country the standard voltage is 220/230 V.

Ray mentions 670nm which is in the Near InfraRed (NIR) range. Therapeutic effects of red light come from 600-1070nm
radiation (red and near-infrared light). NIR light is considered to be very safe and I have NIR bulbs in a prefabricated panel that I purchased at alibaba.com.

Is infrared preferable than red having more spectrum or could be overdose and better to stay around 670nm?

In local stores all the bulbs I find are infrared, none are just red. I don't want to order from amazon or abroad.

OliviaD

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Caps to show my great appreciation :) . I have been wanted to try to start doing some "red light therapy", but am currently on a tight budget and thought it wasn't going to be possible as I just can't justify spending 4-500 dollars right now. You (and others here) have made my day (week, month) with this info! I am not technical/electrical -minded - i.e even the simple projects some people post for constructing some kind of device are too daunting for me - so I really appreciate you easy, off the shelf solution. I may have some more questions as I read and go along if that is okay.

So - you are able to put a 65 watt flood light in each of the sockets - and you use clear bulbs? Are they infared then, vs. red.

And - God Bless you for the work that you are doing, or at least starting re: the Remdesivir. I listened to your story on the Danny Roddy podcast and it was very moving.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals