Yoga and traditional training causes atrophy

Herbie

He doesn't put much of an argument up but low carb plus malnourished diet is the number one reason for atrophy and autophagy.

The gym creates degenerates because every machine forces a 3d organism is 2d and just destroys the joint and creates odd movement patterns and postures leading further degeneration. The people who avoid the gym and just do regular activity are far healthier.

OP
S

SamYo123

He doesn't put much of an argument up but low carb plus malnourished diet is the number one reason for atrophy and autophagy.

The gym creates degenerates because every machine forces a 3d organism is 2d and just destroys the joint and creates odd movement patterns and postures leading further degeneration. The people who avoid the gym and just do regular activity are far healthier.

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cm2Jt2lJYGg/

Tom K

This is the most clap-trap-filled post on exercise I have read. The comments on PEDs are as ridiculous as the comments on muscle atrophy. There are those of us that have been engaged in exercise performance research for decades that disagree on issues, and this religious diatribe defies any objective consideration.

While not a supporter of PEDs, to suggest that they are needed because of 'sloppy form' is an absurdity that defies the physiological understanding of how these substances influence our reaction to exercise is beyond ignorance. The idea of human propulsion alteration as described are ludicrous. Having treated professional and college-level athletes, the postural imbalances that many of these individuals possess hardly disqualify them from participation at the professional level.

Enthusiasm regarding a specific form of exercise is a common theme. But the dogma that overshadows any discussion is represented in this post. It is unnecessary. Fortunately, there was no mention of how this "Best form' of exercise influences the genetic determinants of exercise.

OP
S

SamYo123

This is the most clap-trap-filled post on exercise I have read. The comments on PEDs are as ridiculous as the comments on muscle atrophy. There are those of us that have been engaged in exercise performance research for decades that disagree on issues, and this religious diatribe defies any objective consideration.

While not a supporter of PEDs, to suggest that they are needed because of 'sloppy form' is an absurdity that defies the physiological understanding of how these substances influence our reaction to exercise is beyond ignorance. The idea of human propulsion alteration as described are ludicrous. Having treated professional and college-level athletes, the postural imbalances that many of these individuals possess hardly disqualify them from participation at the professional level.

Enthusiasm regarding a specific form of exercise is a common theme. But the dogma that overshadows any discussion is represented in this post. It is unnecessary. Fortunately, there was no mention of how this "Best form' of exercise influences the genetic determinants of exercise.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CkGjTTVJIXz/

OP
S

SamYo123

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CnMiqZKpw5K/

Tom K

Exercise, for which there is plenty of science, is not religion. 'Secret codes' and other anecdotal ideas are belief systems to which you are entitled, and resemble those that favor your sect over another. Enjoy the fantasy, ignore the science, ignore those that have spent years understanding neurophysiology, ignore the kinesiologist, ignore those of us with years of patient/physical rehab experience. In stead of employing the scientific method, is your right to entertain any 'belief system' you choose. But for those minds that are in search of answers, including we science-based individuals that never stop questioning what we know, ignore this 'suddenly discovered 'Holy grail' of ancient mysteries from a childish imagination. Can it work? Sure. Any exercise is better than nothing. If you practice FP dogma, will you be capable of tearing trees out by the roots, jumping a tall building in a single bound, and see through walls with xray vision? I doubt it. But you can BELIEVE it if you like.

OP
S

SamYo123

Exercise, for which there is plenty of science, is not religion. 'Secret codes' and other anecdotal ideas are belief systems to which you are entitled, and resemble those that favor your sect over another. Enjoy the fantasy, ignore the science, ignore those that have spent years understanding neurophysiology, ignore the kinesiologist, ignore those of us with years of patient/physical rehab experience. In stead of employing the scientific method, is your right to entertain any 'belief system' you choose. But for those minds that are in search of answers, including we science-based individuals that never stop questioning what we know, ignore this 'suddenly discovered 'Holy grail' of ancient mysteries from a childish imagination. Can it work? Sure. Any exercise is better than nothing. If you practice FP dogma, will you be capable of tearing trees out by the roots, jumping a tall building in a single bound, and see through walls with xray vision? I doubt it. But you can BELIEVE it if you like.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiv0bhD3DqY

Tom K

Does science have limitations? Without question, it does. Are there biases based on experience, predisposed ideas, and examples of success?

A firm yes. In the opening, the main character/proponent is suffering from a persecution complex. He has to face difficult circumstances. He speaks in parables, has firm beliefs, and does not accept the idea that he may not be a prophet. Terms such as 'Minimize waste' from exercise and from movement are intriguing. They remind one of the old Joe Weider publications where hyperbole was rampant; 'Bomb and blast those biceps to look like Arnold.' I learned PNF in 1977. Did it make sense? In the context of rehab, it did. Did it always work? No! The most insightful and straightforward proclamation made in this interview was when he said, "Take everything I say with a grain of salt.' Indeed.

OP
S

SamYo123

Does science have limitations? Without question, it does. Are there biases based on experience, predisposed ideas, and examples of success?

A firm yes. In the opening, the main character/proponent is suffering from a persecution complex. He has to face difficult circumstances. He speaks in parables, has firm beliefs, and does not accept the idea that he may not be a prophet. Terms such as 'Minimize waste' from exercise and from movement are intriguing. They remind one of the old Joe Weider publications where hyperbole was rampant; 'Bomb and blast those biceps to look like Arnold.' I learned PNF in 1977. Did it make sense? In the context of rehab, it did. Did it always work? No! The most insightful and straightforward proclamation made in this interview was when he said, "Take everything I say with a grain of salt.' Indeed.
Keep watching, its 1hour 40

LadyRae

You have made some really great points over many posts regarding functional patterns. I have been watching you and I've noticed that a lot of people here on the forum really like to shoot you down over this.

I'll start by admitting that healthy exercise is going to be different for every body. As a 45 year old woman there have been many different styles of exercise that I have jumped into full force. As a child I was very thin and sick a lot, but then I got into cheerleading in high school and my health blossomed. There was a lot of jumping around and gymnastics and it was amazing how great I felt. Shortly after that I spent years lifeguarding and teaching swim lessons, another great exercise for my body that didn't stress me out or bulk me up.

Bulking up: so many fitness influencers make fun of women who complain that they are going to bulk up when they lift weights, saying that they just don't have the testosterone to achieve this. Well for me that's wrong! When I was lifting weights consistently about three to six years ago, the only time my muscles really looked good was after a pump and if I was a little dehydrated. Otherwise I honestly just looked big and squishy.

Then I got into a lot of running and I'll tell you all it did for me was make me starving hungry and puffy, full of edema, sleep was difficult at night, and I started to get little fibrotic red spots on my face. Stress for sure! Stiff in the mornings regardless of how much time I spent stretching after a run or even ice baths.

So I've put all that behind me. These days I walk, a lot with my two-year-old yellow Labrador retriever, Herschel. My body composition is now quite similar to my body composition at the age of 20 when I was swimming some and walking. In fact I have some of the low rise jeans saved from the early 2000s and I wear them with pride now that they're back in style lol.

My point is that a lot of times more exercise is not better. Weights are not always better. Our bodies will perceive stress from exercise differently depending on so many other things! I'm going to give that video a listen, I know it is over an hour and a half long but I do have several mountains of laundry to fold this morning so I think that will be a great time for that.

Thank you for continuing to offer an interesting and thoughtful alternative to traditional exercise, new ideas are always appreciated 💕

Tom K

Could not take anymore. I mean no malice. Simply attempting to broaden the view. I have treated more than 20,000 patients in a 30 pl30-plus-year career. I have treated every demographic from geriatric to professional athletes. There is only a few rules for which I am 100% certain. There is no cookbook to follow, nothing works all the time, some things that should not have worked did work, and everyone should be treated as an individual. good luck with your crusade.

OP
S

SamYo123

Could not take anymore. I mean no malice. Simply attempting to broaden the view. I have treated more than 20,000 patients in a 30 pl30-plus-year career. I have treated every demographic from geriatric to professional athletes. There is only a few rules for which I am 100% certain. There is no cookbook to follow, nothing works all the time, some things that should not have worked did work, and everyone should be treated as an individual. good luck with your crusade.
A lot of people have been in your position, and said the same thing, then they found functional patterns

"It Is Difficult to Get a Man to Understand Something When His Salary Depends Upon His Not Understanding It"​

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CnPbiM3p6CI/

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/ClEarnrgq0A/

Address the human blueprint

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals