A Functional "cure" For Gluten Allergy?

natedawggh

I think I've stumbled on a functional "cure" for allergy to gluten, but not sure if anyone else has ever noticed this or done the same. If anyone suffers from it and would like to try this out please keep me updated. I do not think this is the same a coeliac's, however, and would advise against anyone with coeliac's from attempting this. The "Cure" For Gluten Allergy

Gluten and gluten-containing foods are still inflammatory, there's no "cure" about the nature of a food. When bread is made properly, the gluten and starch content is minimized (with real sourdough)

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

Gluten and gluten-containing foods are still inflammatory, there's no "cure" about the nature of a food. When bread is made properly, the gluten and starch content is minimized (with real sourdough)

Unless you suffered sinus infections for years from eating gluten, and now can eat an entire pizza without so much as a stomach ache then you don't really have much to contribute to this discussion.

Unless you suffered sinus infections for years from eating gluten, and now can eat an entire pizza without so much as a stomach ache then you don't really have much to contribute to this discussion.

What does it mean? Grains are bad, high in inflammatory materials and low in nutrition, and gluten only aggravates the situation, so it's bad to avoid such foods as much as possible.

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

What does it mean? Grains are bad, high in inflammatory materials and low in nutrition, and gluten only aggravates the situation, so it's bad to avoid such foods as much as possible.

I totally agree with that assessment, and in my article I point out that grains are still bad for the metabolism and increase aging and inflammation. But the gluten allergy reaction, a very painful intestinal and immune reaction to the presence of gluten in the digestive tract, is very different and specific to gluten allergy sufferers.

Even though I think pizza is bad for longevity and aging, it's still ******* delicious and I'll be eating one every once in a while. Now I can do it without getting a severe immune reaction.

Saracatt

I think I've stumbled on a functional "cure" for allergy to gluten, but not sure if anyone else has ever noticed this or done the same. If anyone suffers from it and would like to try this out please keep me updated. I do not think this is the same a coeliac's, however, and would advise against anyone with coeliac's from attempting this. The "Cure" For Gluten Allergy

I am definitely going to experiment with this. So simple and it couldn't hurt. After Peating for a year, I have been able to reintroduce dairy to my diet, and my digestion is calmer overall, but wheat and corn still cause lots of misery.

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

@natedawggh , you mention 200 mg riboflavin twice a day. Have you tried lower doses?

Yes, I am not sure why the higher dose makes a difference, but for me it does. I was formerly doing 100 mg a day, and didn't see this benefit. Perhaps after having it on high for a while I can taper down while retaining the benefit?

anyone else duplicate the experiment? Having success yea or nay?

I'm not sure gluten is so awful and terrible actually, but our mileage clearly varies here. I do feel some gut issues when I have too much white bread. Some days none at all seem wise. But I'm not necessarily better off eliminating it altogether judging by symptoms. But it would be nice if this hack works.

Newbophyte

Well, I've been off gluten since middle school, but if it's been a b2 deficiency this whole time, I'll be damned if I don't start taking some ASAP. I'd be interested in trying smaller amounts of lower-gluten foods like barley or rye, be able to eat breaded fried foods (probably not a good idea due to the fats), or just have the dietary resilience that keeps one from having limited options when traveling. Really hoping this works.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Well, I've been off gluten since middle school, but if it's been a b2 deficiency this whole time, I'll be damned if I don't start taking some ASAP. I'd be interested in trying smaller amounts of lower-gluten foods like barley or rye, be able to eat breaded fried foods (probably not a good idea due to the fats), or just have the dietary resilience that keeps one from having limited options when traveling. Really hoping this works.
Well if you were diagnosed by biopsy with celiac disease I would proceed with caution as natedawg mentions but if it's 'just an intolerance' I would go for it because it would certainly be nice to not have to be so restricted when dining out, traveling and eating with friends and family!
Last year I got lax in not avoiding gluten and things seemed fine for several months. Suddenly things got real bad real quick though and I developed a rash that wouldn't go away and I would wake up in pain from it in the middle of the night. Long story short was it ended up being dermatitis herpetiformis which is considered an immune reaction from eating gluten! I really regret that because I already knew I had celiac disease but what can I say other than I guess everyone makes mistakes. I set myself back though and even became lactose intolerant again from damaging my intestinal villa and it's taken me over four months to completely to get back to normal.
So that's my embarrassing story but if it saves someone with actual celiac disease from experimenting with gluten and going through what I did I guess it's worth telling.

Koveras

Yes, I am not sure why the higher dose makes a difference, but for me it does. I was formerly doing 100 mg a day, and didn't see this benefit. Perhaps after having it on high for a while I can taper down while retaining the benefit?

Have you experimented with riboflavin-5-phosphate at all?

Giraffe

Thanks Nate. I am currently experimenting with small doses of R5P. Maybe I'll up the dose for a week or two.

Not sure if your last sentence was a question or not. I read that riboflavin levels are restored quite quick (no longer than 14 days of supplementation). I vaguely remember that I read about a study in which they found that it took a month for the levels to drop again, but I don't remember the details and can't find the reference right now. Don't cite me on this.

nullredvector

Seems like this would be explained by haiduts recent post on how B2 opposes endotoxin and TLR4

FredSonoma

Do you bother to get non-fortified wheat? (to avoid the iron fortification) Or has this worked for you regardless of that?

Wilfrid

Last edited:
anyone trying this?

I've been playing with it and I think it may actually help...200mg or so of riboflavin seems to help my gut a lot!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I tried it and it did indeed seem to help but then I started running into the insomnia and possibly metabolism pushed way too hard problems talked about in another thread.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals