As a child did you like or dislike brushing your teeth?

I...

• Happily brushed my teeth

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Happily brushed my teeth and even swallowed the toothpaste because I liked the taste

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Hated brushing my teeth and avoided it where possible

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Did it begrudgingly or as quickly as possible

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters

Lizb

Always happy to do it. Used a pink toothpaste from a tin. I rather liked the taste. I now couldn't possibly go to bed without cleaning teeth.
I don't understand not cleaning your teeth. It feels awful and is noticeable to others.

-Luke-

Hated it. Both option 3 and 4 were correct for me. But more often than not I did it begrundgingly.

Jennifer

I liked brushing my teeth. I had a pretty, sparkly toothbrush and I liked the fruity flavor of the toothpaste—my mum said it wasn’t good to swallow it and always had me spit it out and rinse.

OP
Warrior

Warrior

Great, looks like that encouraged a few more to participate. Its interesting that the first chunk who voted all picked the latter two options whilst those joining in today picked the first.

Lets get to double digits then we'll discuss the inspiration.

Great, looks like that encouraged a few more to participate. Its interesting that the first chunk who voted all picked the latter two options whilst those joining in today picked the first.

Lets get to double digits then we'll discuss the inspiration.
I think I might know where you are going with this.

I was a kid..doubt i thought about it in such terms. Think i just cracked on when it needed doing, so none of the above

Mauritio

Always hated it. There is still this story going around my family that I stomped so hard on plastic chair while having to brush my teeth that it broke :D I guess I did not like that fluoride in my mouth 🤷‍♂️

OP
Warrior

Warrior

Always hated it. There is still this story going around my family that I stomped so hard on plastic chair while having to brush my teeth that it broke :D I guess I did not like that fluoride in my mouth 🤷‍♂️

There it is, so might as well speak on it:

My entire perspective is that we, as children, are far wiser about ourselves (and much more) than after most get mangled and processed by the System and its indoctrination. Look at how animals intuitively reject food like substances with a sniff but humans fall for the trick.

I found it interesting how most of the early voters picked the last option and those who stated their opinion later (and after prompting) chose the first.

I'd be willing to bet that it was linked to sensing the presence of fluoride and not liking what it did mixed with more than a healthy pinch of rebelliousness. Your stomping story illustrates this temperament well. On the flip there are a lot of children that do the opposite and override their natural impulses because they seek approval of their parents and want nothing more than to be wanted and fit into the family dynamic and thus mold themselves to expectations and perform as intended.

Take that and run it back with the poll results and what I outlined here and you can start building a pretty accurate image of the respondents (who are anonymous). Those of you who voted know what you picked. I've said what I've said so lets see how that matched with your experience because it would've been nice to get a much larger sample given that nearly 300 viewed but less than 10% voted.

That in itself also speaks for itself as does no one picking the second option, even though you know you did. Poll is anonymous, realness is the greatest tool and resource in this realm when it comes to battling the forces of ignorance so thine own Self be true.

eyeofhorus

Mauritio

My entire perspective is that we, as children, are far wiser about ourselves (and much more) than after most get mangled and processed by the System and its indoctrination. Look at how animals intuitively reject food like substances with a sniff but humans fall for the trick.

I found it interesting how most of the early voters picked the last option and those who stated their opinion later (and after prompting) chose the first.

I'd be willing to bet that it was linked to sensing the presence of fluoride and not liking what it did mixed with more than a healthy pinch of rebelliousness. Your stomping story illustrates this temperament well. On the flip there are a lot of children that do the opposite and override their natural impulses because they seek approval of their parents and want nothing more than to be wanted and fit into the family dynamic and thus mold themselves to expectations and perform as intended.

Take that and run it back with the poll results and what I outlined here and you can start building a pretty accurate image of the respondents (who are anonymous). Those of you who voted know what you picked. I've said what I've said so lets see how that matched with your experience because it would've been nice to get a much larger sample given that nearly 300 viewed but less than 10% voted.

That in itself also speaks for itself as does no one picking the second option, even though you know you did. Poll is anonymous, realness is the greatest tool and resource in this realm when it comes to battling the forces of ignorance so thine own Self be true.

eyeofhorus
Yeah I agree! I cant think of another reason.
Children are very much in tune with their needs. Peat talked about that often how children can be role models to some extent.

And how are your teeth now?

Mauritio

And how are your teeth now?
They're pretty good. I havent been to the dentist in years. But my orthodontist always said I had the 3rd best teeth out of all her patients... take that for what it's worth 😄

eyeofhorus
I loved my fluoride treatments as a child. As a 59 year old woman I have perfect teeth with two surface cavities filled, one as a teen and one in my forties. I don’t attribute any of that to fluoride treatment, but I do attribute it to caring about my teeth at an early age.

Jennifer

I agree, but not completely when it comes to food. I liked McDonald’s, donuts fried in PUFA, drank Kool-Aid made with fluoridated tap water and the list goes on and I’ve raised animals since a young age, and they will absolutely eat junk if given the chance. Prime example:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals