Bee Sting Advice Please

got stung by a bee today.

No swelling, just pain.

I put on progest-e. Then tried red light therapy. And used cold that killed the pain.

I took aspirin.

I feel stressy right now. Any suggestions?

OP
ecstatichamster
yeah, that may be an option. I feel a lot of adrenalin, but I'm fine otherwise.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
When I was growing up my mom always put a baking soda and water paste on our bee stings. Hope you feel better soon hamster.

What-a-Riot

Sometimes I wonder if aspirin can increase pain sensitivity in some contexts by lowering serotonin in the brain which I guess cypro would potentially do as well if that is the case. Since lowering serotonin can enhance the senses

Brother John

got stung by a bee today.

No swelling, just pain.

I put on progest-e. Then tried red light therapy. And used cold that killed the pain.

I took aspirin.

I feel stressy right now. Any suggestions?
It may be too late as this remedy works the best immediately after the sting: Put your finger in some gasoline and wipe the finger on the sting. Pain gone in 2 minutes or so. By the way E hamster, you lol when you read my post on cucumbers to help with cracking feet... That really has helped me, quickly as has the gas on the bee sting remedy.
Best wishes!
Brother John

judge

next time cut an onion in half put it on the bite, neutralizes the venom immediately. Also bentonite clay or activated charcoal pultice applied directly to the bite pulls out poison fast!!

OP
ecstatichamster
I immediately used activated charcoal to no effect. This was a special bee that took days to recover from.

judge

wasps are small and large, they all have nasty nasty stings. ice works good too. need to freeze your lymph glands to it has to be very very cold, should go numb with cold to work. next time if possible put whole limb into bucket of ice with just enough water to make a slurry

schultz

I did a post on topical 1st gen. anti-histamines a few weeks ago. Knowing about their analgesic effect, I applied some powdered cypro to a sting I got a few weeks ago within a minute or so of getting stung. I mixed it with a bit of water into a paste, applied it and the pain rapidly subsided. It was amazing! Though a part of me thought "What if it was just a coincidence and the pain was going to disappear regardless...?"

OP
ecstatichamster
wasps are small and large, they all have nasty nasty stings. ice works good too. need to freeze your lymph glands to it has to be very very cold, should go numb with cold to work. next time if possible put whole limb into bucket of ice with just enough water to make a slurry

Ice saved me. Yes, the only thing that worked was hours of ice. I got a little frostbite but it made the pain bearable.

OP
ecstatichamster
I'm meant to tell you. There was no swelling no redness whatever. The whole time. Weird.

tara

Isn't it baking soda on bee stings and vinegar on wasp stings? I think bee stings are acidic, and wasp stings are strongly alkali?

Area-1255

I did a post on topical 1st gen. anti-histamines a few weeks ago. Knowing about their analgesic effect, I applied some powdered cypro to a sting I got a few weeks ago within a minute or so of getting stung. I mixed it with a bit of water into a paste, applied it and the pain rapidly subsided. It was amazing! Though a part of me thought "What if it was just a coincidence and the pain was going to disappear regardless...?"
That's really interesting, where did you get the powdered Cypro?

OP
ecstatichamster
this was a yellow jacket. We had to get rid of the nest. The company we used said they are the ones that hurt for a week. I don't think anything would have helped other than what I did. But I am curious that there was no swelling or redness. I am thinking it may have to do with my Peat inspired diet or a bit of PUFA depletion but I did think it was extremely interesting.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals