Benfo Vs thiamine hcl?

tommyg130

Have you guys noticed any main differences? Which do you think would be more protective from iron overload?

Any chance of thiamine hcl being an issue And not working as good to lower iron because it’s an acid? Don’t acids increase iron? Not sure if I’m overthinking that, and the thiamine itself would lower iron more than the acid bound to it would increase it.

mostlylurking

Have you guys noticed any main differences? Which do you think would be more protective from iron overload?

Any chance of thiamine hcl being an issue And not working as good to lower iron because it’s an acid? Don’t acids increase iron? Not sure if I’m overthinking that, and the thiamine itself would lower iron more than the acid bound to it would increase it.
The problem with iron is exacerbated if the blood brain barrier (bbb) is compromised because this allows the iron to get into the brain. Thiamine deficiency causes the bbb to be compromised. Alcohol is known to cause thiamine deficiency and it is believed now that the brain problems associated with alcoholism are the result of iron getting into the brain.

Although thiamine hcl is considered a safe supplement and has a long track record, there is difficulty absorbing it via the small intestine, especially if the gut is in poor condition. I've read that people older than 60 have more difficulty absorbing thiamine via the gut. So this issue might be relevant if you are trying to get an optimum dose of thiamine hcl; this is why a higher dose of thiamine hcl is needed compared to some other types of thiamine. Dosage amounts of thiamine hcl are discussed here.

Thiamine deficiency will increase the body's lactic acid load by blocking oxidative metabolism; this increases the body's overall acidity. Thiamine hcl (and other types of thiamine) will lower the body's acidity by improving oxidative metabolism which stops the creation of lactic acid.

The brain issues that I had in 2020 that were caused by thiamine functional blockage brought on by Bactrim antibiotic were resolved via high dose thiamine hcl.

OP
T

tommyg130

The problem with iron is exacerbated if the blood brain barrier (bbb) is compromised because this allows the iron to get into the brain. Thiamine deficiency causes the bbb to be compromised. Alcohol is known to cause thiamine deficiency and it is believed now that the brain problems associated with alcoholism are the result of iron getting into the brain.

Although thiamine hcl is considered a safe supplement and has a long track record, there is difficulty absorbing it via the small intestine, especially if the gut is in poor condition. I've read that people older than 60 have more difficulty absorbing thiamine via the gut. So this issue might be relevant if you are trying to get an optimum dose of thiamine hcl; this is why a higher dose of thiamine hcl is needed compared to some other types of thiamine. Dosage amounts of thiamine hcl are discussed here.

Thiamine deficiency will increase the body's lactic acid load by blocking oxidative metabolism; this increases the body's overall acidity. Thiamine hcl (and other types of thiamine) will lower the body's acidity by improving oxidative metabolism which stops the creation of lactic acid.

The brain issues that I had in 2020 that were caused by thiamine functional blockage brought on by Bactrim antibiotic were resolved via high dose thiamine hcl.
That’s interesting. Idg how hcl which is acidic would lower acidity ? I read what you said after about fixing metabolism, but I’m still sort of confused.

Would benfo be better as it’s an acid possibly?

mostlylurking

That’s interesting. Idg how hcl which is acidic would lower acidity ? I read what you said after about fixing metabolism, but I’m still sort of confused.

Would benfo be better as it’s an acid possibly?
I think that body acid is a complex topic. Consuming lemon juice (acid) is supposed to alkalize the body (for example).

The end product of good oxidative metabolism is carbon dioxide (an acid); the end product of poor/blocked oxidative metabolism is lactic acid (an acid).

Although I have taken high dose thiamine hcl for the past two years and have learned a lot about it, I have not taken benfotiamine so I'm not able to provide you information about it, sorry.

Suggested reading:

I remember Elliot Overton saying that benfotiamine is his second choice of thiamine, after TTFD. Here's a link to his articles: Articles | Stafford | EONutrition Perhaps you can find more info about benfotiamine there.

GTW

The end product of lactic acid like other organic/carboxylic acids is also CO2/bicarbonate.
Lactic acid is quite efficiently used for energy directly and via the liver where reconstituted as glucose.
Don't obsess about acid. Fatty acids, amino acids...

yerrag

The end product of lactic acid like other organic/carboxylic acids is also CO2/bicarbonate.
Lactic acid is quite efficiently used for energy directly and via the liver where reconstituted as glucose.
Don't obsess about acid. Fatty acids, amino acids...
Tell us how lactic acidnis efficiently used for energy. Instead of stating things without elaboration.

GTW

>Once thought to be a waste product of anaerobic metabolism, lactate is now known to form continuously under aerobic conditions. Shuttling between producer and consumer cells fulfills at least three purposes for lactate: (1) a major energy source, (2) the major gluconeogenic precursor, and (3) a signaling molecule. "Lactate shuttle" (LS) concepts describe the roles of lactate in delivery of oxidative and gluconeogenic substrates as well as in cell signaling. In medicine, it has long been recognized that the elevation of blood lactate correlates with illness or injury severity. However, with lactate shuttle theory in mind, some clinicians are now appreciating lactatemia as a "strain" and not a "stress" biomarker. In fact, clinical studies are utilizing lactate to treat pro-inflammatory conditions and to deliver optimal fuel for working muscles in sports medicine. The above, as well as historic and recent studies of lactate metabolism and shuttling, are discussed in the following review.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals