Chocolate

M

metabolizm

Any potential problems with 50-70g of (additive-free) milk chocolate every day? I can't seem to get enough of it, and it's a rich calorie source (I need calories). But Ray seems to think that allergies can develop... I don't want to keep wolfing it down if there's a good reason I shouldn't!

Nicole W.

Any potential problems with 50-70g of (additive-free) milk chocolate every day? I can't seem to get enough of it, and it's a rich calorie source (I need calories). But Ray seems to think that allergies can develop... I don't want to keep wolfing it down if there's a good reason I shouldn't!
I wouldn’t be too worried about the copper especially if you are not consuming cocoa powder. First, there’s a fair bit of zinc in chocolate as well, to balance the copper. Also, milk chocolate has a lot of cocoa butter and milk powder, which further reduces the total amount of copper you’d be ingesting.

On the other hand, there was a report done on chocolate in the not so distant past finding many popular brands of chocolate having dangerous levels of lead and some other heavy metal... maybe cadmium? So something to consider there. I would at least make sure you are not buying any of those brands. I think there were about 50 brands of chocolate that were found to be contaminated.

Lastly, there was someone else on this forum that was consuming huge amounts of chocolate and after a year of doing so didn’t really find any drawbacks. And think of Jeanne Louise Calment who consumed a couple pounds of chocolate a week for years and she lived to be 122. So there’s that.

Michael Mohn

chocolate = high copper = estrogenic

What is that? Why would foods high in copper be estrogenic? This is nonsense.

Ray mentioned cocoa positively in the past. Additives might be a problem though. It's worth to pay extra for a good product.

Connor888

Can I ask why he said allergies could develop? Milk chocolate is simply cream, milk, sugar and cocoa butter. Well, thats white chocolate anyway. Were you talking about white milk chocolate?

Hgreen56

What is that? Why would foods high in copper be estrogenic? This is nonsense.

Ray mentioned cocoa positively in the past. Additives might be a problem though. It's worth to pay extra for a good product.

Attachments

• copper = estrogenic, i had man boobs when eating chocolate (= high copper) every day.png
    copper = estrogenic, i had man boobs when eating chocolate (= high copper) every day.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 203

ursidae

The main problem I see is combining sugar and fat together, makes it hyper palatable. My experience is mono meals/splitting macros are easier on digestion and don’t make me overeat- my best digestion was having sugar on its own-spread throughout the day and having fatty protein later in the day
or if you must combine then sugar+protein+small amount of saturated fat

Last edited:

poilochio

I've been eating 200 gramms of white lindt chocholat for months. Feel great after consumption

OP
M

metabolizm

@Connor888 this is what Ray said: 'The preparation of the beans can leave fungal antigens in the chocolate.'

Last edited by a moderator:
That's too much chocolate, 40-45 grams is plenty, also avoid chocolate with Soy Lecithin, Sunflower Lecithin IMO is better.
I prefer dark chocolate myself, milk chocolate is meh :(

Chocolate is not an everyday staple, unfortunately.

OP
M

metabolizm

That's too much chocolate, 40-45 grams is plenty, also avoid chocolate with Soy Lecithin, Sunflower Lecithin IMO is better.
I prefer dark chocolate myself, milk chocolate is meh :(

Chocolate is not an everyday staple, unfortunately.

But why is it too much?

Are you in the UK? I've been eating Lindt 70% for years, but just recently discovered that Marks and Waitrose (especially this) do some incredible milk chocolate which is free from emulsifiers. It blows the Lindt out of the water.

But why is it too much?

Are you in the UK? I've been eating Lindt 70% for years, but just recently discovered that Marks and Waitrose (especially this) do some incredible milk chocolate which is free from emulsifiers. It blows the Lindt out of the water.
Yes, I live in Warrington, Cheshire. My point was when it comes to chocolate it is hard to moderate consumption so it's very easy to eat excessive calories if food intake isn't considered.
That looks a nice chocolate and will seek it out :):

Nighteyes

Has anyone come across a decent brand of chocolate that does not wrap the chocolate bar in aluminum foil? I’d be concerned of leaching as aluminum foil has been shown to not be inert/ non-reactive with foods. Maybe just get a decent chocolate powder, dunno. Or chocolate chips

Jennifer

@Connor888 this is what Ray said: 'The preparation of the beans can leave fungal antigens in the chocolate.'
If the beans are certified mycotoxin-free, do you think they’re okay to have? I’ve been brewing m-f cacao nibs into a concentrate recently and making hot cocoa with it daily. I don’t know if this is due to the cacao’s high magnesium content, but it has helped my peristalsis so much I’m now having cow’s milk without suffering constipation and I’d hate to give it up. Plus, it’s yummy! lol

If the beans are certified mycotoxin-free, do you think they’re okay to have? I’ve been brewing m-f cacao nibs into a concentrate recently and making hot cocoa with it daily. I don’t know if this is due to the cacao’s high magnesium content, but it has helped my peristalsis so much I’m now having cow’s milk without suffering constipation and I’d hate to give it up. Plus, it’s yummy! lol
@Jennifer
Yep, I would say that's okay, personally I would keep them in a Kilner jar (air tight) for extra re-assurance :): or use Desiccant Packs in the container.

Dave Clark

Cocoa paste wafers - no added sugar or anything:
Cacao Paste Wafers - Organic

Cocoa butter wafers:
Cacao Butter Wafers - Organic

Dark chocolate wafers - no lecithin:
Dark Chocolate Wafers (70%) - Organic

No, I don't know them or profit from them. They just have some really good stuff. They recently changed their website. It's god-awful now, but the products are still good.
I have posted links from them many times from different conversations. I have been buying from them for years, and their quality seems very high, and the service is good as well. They recently put together some coffee creamers using collagen, MCT powder, coconut powder, etc. I also buy their whole food vitamin C powders like acerola, camu, amla, etc. All in all, a good company to source natural food powders, etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals