Endotoxins vs mycotoxins

Daniel North

Forum Supporter
Which if these is worse for the human body?
Which one of them is the most abundant in the intestines?
Ive read Peat talks mostly about endotoxins. But what does he say about Mycotoxins?

Mauritio

Which if these is worse for the human body?
Which one of them is the most abundant in the intestines?
Ive read Peat talks mostly about endotoxins. But what does he say about Mycotoxins?
Following.
I think peats view on the metobolic effects of fungi seems a bit reducionistic/basic.
IIRC fungi can also activate TLR4 and contain endotoxin. (An Endotoxin-like Fraction extracted from the Cells of Candida albicans - Nature)
Plus candia and other fungi can produce toxic break down products like acetaldehyde. (Production of carcinogenic acetaldehyde by Candida albicans from patients with potentially malignant oral mucosal disorders - PubMed.)

An issue is that lowering bacteria allows fungi to thrive and vice versa! You dont want too much of both. I also suspect that there is such a reciprocal relationship between fungi and viruses, but that is purely based on my experience.
So you want to take things that are anti-microbial , not just anti-fungal or anti-bacterial, fortunetly many natural occuring molecules are like the quinoes are anti-microbial.
However context matters a lot here. Some people might have a very unbalanced bacteria:fungi ratio.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals