First Morning Erection In Ages

nomoreketones

I had my first morning erection in ages this morning. I couldn't believe it. But I also had more calories (5,000) than I had in ages too so that is unsustainable. I'm already at 240 pounds with a 6'1 frame and a small potbelly. :(

These calories were driven by ravenous hunger. I didn't stuff myself for the hell of it. I felt ravenously hungry every time I ate.

Yesterday morning I was more hungry than usual so I had the following:
Breakfast - 1,035 calories
1/2 box of whole foods cornflakes - 675 calories
Quart of skim milk - 360 calories
1 drop of TyroMax
1 cup of strong black coffee with small amount of niacinamide and taurine powder

Lunch - 1,035 calories
1/2 box of whole foods cornflakes - 675 calories
1 cup of strong black coffee with small amount of niacinamide and taurine powder

Evening - long 2.5 hour walk

Dinner - 1,472 calories
1.5 pounds of oxtail - 1,152 calories ???
1 container of good culture 2% cottage cheese - 320 calories

Went to bed but tossed and turned for hours. I was ravenously hungry. finally I realized the only way I can sleep is if I take care of my ravenous hunger.

3AM - 1,710 calories
1 box of whole foods cornflakes - 1,350 calories

Total calorie intake: 5,252 calories

Past couple of weeks
For the past couple of weeks I started eating a box of cornflakes a day with a half-gallon of milk and meat/cottage cheese/eggs for protein as dictated my hunger. My weight has been creeping up slowly. But yesterday my hunger was out of control.

Question for the community
Anyone know why a day of gluttonous eating would lead to a morning erection? I am in my late 40s so there is no way I can eat 5,000 calories a day without getting much fatter than I already am.

Maljam

What is your fat intake? It looks pretty low. Adding more fat can help with satiety and prevent the ravenous hunger feeling.

Also cornflakes and milk isn't really a sustainable diet, maybe your body is craving nutrients, you should eat more variety and see if that fixes the issue.

Are those cornflakes with added iron? The levels of iron you will get from eating that amount of fortified cornflakes is dangerous IMO.

OP
N

nomoreketones

What is your fat intake? It looks pretty low. Adding more fat can help with satiety and prevent the ravenous hunger feeling.

Also cornflakes and milk isn't really a sustainable diet, maybe your body is craving nutrients, you should eat more variety and see if that fixes the issue.

I think the 1.5 pounds of oxtail had plenty of fat plus 10 grams in the cottage. Do I really need more fat than that when I already have a lot of body fat?

In the past week I've gotten plenty of fat from the following sources:
Beef Shank
Cheese
Eggs
Coconut oil
Liverwurst
Chicken Sausage

tankasnowgod

Why cornflakes?

Regardless, I started getting regular morning erections when I started supplementing magnesium and K2.

Maljam

I think the 1.5 pounds of oxtail had plenty of fat plus 10 grams in the cottage. Do I really need more fat than that when I already have a lot of body fat?

Beef Shank
Cheese
Eggs
Coconut oil
Liverwurst
Chicken Sausage

You said your weight is creeping up, so it doesn't seem like your current diet is working. Rapid blood sugar fluctuations can occur in low fat diets as the blood sugar rises and drops quickly and can create ravenous hunger, fat slows this and makes the fall more comfortable.

I dont think eating 1-2 boxes of cornflakes a day is a good long term diet.

tankasnowgod

Beef Shank
Cheese
Eggs
Coconut oil
Liverwurst
Chicken Sausage

Might not be the total fat intake, but the fact it's all concentrated in one meal.

All your other meals are just cornflakes and skim milk.

Why are you doing it this way? Outside of the oxtail, most of your meals sound pretty horrid.

OP
N

nomoreketones

This thread has gone way off topic.

I'm looking for en explanation of why I got morning wood for the first time in months after eating 5,000+ calories.

Is morning wood driven by calorie intake?

Summer

It could be but it’s not possible to say just given your diet. But yeah man, you gotta consider dropping those cornflakes. Look up the history of cornflakes. They were invented by William Kellogg to stifle sexuality. For real.

Tarmander

This thread has gone way off topic.

I'm looking for en explanation of why I got morning wood for the first time in months after eating 5,000+ calories.

Is morning wood driven by calorie intake?
It is basically impossible to point to one thing and say "that's it"

Could be some nutrients you got from the extra food, could be a stress response to bloated intestines, could be some bacterial response from the microbiome, could be...

OP
N

nomoreketones

It could be but it’s not possible to say just given your diet. But yeah man, you gotta consider dropping those cornflakes. Look up the history of cornflakes. They were invented by William Kellogg to stifle sexuality. For real.

I've only been doing the cornflakes for two weeks since I've been too busy to cook. Odd that I got a morning erection with the two boxes of cornflakes but in all the months without cornflakes I didn't get a morning erection.

If corn flakes are so bad for sexuality then my was my only morning erection the next morning after two full boxes of cornflakes?

OP
N

nomoreketones

It is basically impossible to point to one thing and say "that's it"

Could be some nutrients you got from the extra food, could be a stress response to bloated intestines, could be some bacterial response from the microbiome, could be...

If there is no explanation then there is no explanation. Maybe the morning wood on the morning after a high calorie day is just a random coincidence.

Maybe morning wood doesn't correlate with calories at all.

redsun

I've only been doing the cornflakes for two weeks since I've been too busy to cook. Odd that I got a morning erection with the two boxes of cornflakes but in all the months without cornflakes I didn't get a morning erection.

If corn flakes are so bad for sexuality then my was my only morning erection the next morning after two full boxes of cornflakes?

I would blame it on the very high folic acid intake you would have gotten from two full boxes as folate is a very pro-sexual nutrient, needed for nitric oxide (required for erections) and dopamine as folate is needed for BH4. Niacin would be my second guess as the next major contributor but both are definitely involved.

Richiebogie

The oxtail is full of zinc and other good stuff and may have helped your sex drive.

You may have been ravenous because you are not getting all the nutrients you need.

Try some fruit or fruit juice for fructose with vitamins and minerals.

I agree that you should drink whole fat milk to make you feel full.

Cut back on total cornflakes to lose weight.

All these things should help your health and fitness and circulation.

OP
N

nomoreketones

I would blame it on the very high folic acid intake you would have gotten from two full boxes as folate is a very pro-sexual nutrient, needed for nitric oxide (required for erections) and dopamine as folate is needed for BH4. Niacin would be my second guess as the next major contributor but both are definitely involved.

I don't eat anything with folic acid due to a MTHFR snp. Whole Foods Cornflakes has no added folic acid as the Kellogg brand does. Ingredients: Organic milled corn, organic cane sugar, sea salt.

I have taken a form of activated folate before called L-5-MTHF with no benefit to morning wood or libido. But I should try it again. Maybe there were other factors that counteracted it.

OP
N

nomoreketones

The oxtail is full of zinc and other good stuff and may have helped your sex drive.

You may have been ravenous because you are not getting all the nutrients you need.

Try some fruit or fruit juice for fructose with vitamins and minerals.

I agree that you should drink whole fat milk to make you feel full.

Cut back on total cornflakes to lose weight.

All these things should help your health and fitness and circulation.

The cornflakes are not a regular part of my diet. I just have been eating them this week because I've been busy and had no time to cook.

redsun

I don't eat anything with folic acid due to a MTHFR snp. Whole Foods Cornflakes has no added folic acid as the Kellogg brand does. Ingredients: Organic milled corn, organic cane sugar, sea salt.

I have taken a form of activated folate before called L-5-MTHF with no benefit to morning wood or libido. But I should try it again. Maybe there were other factors that counteracted it.

Dont know what the nutrient content of those cornflakes but it may still have quite a bit. I for sure don't think libido is a calorie issue primarily (assuming you eat around maintenance). Eating excess calories can raise libido in some people though but it may just be they are repleting deficiencies.

All nutrients are needed for optimal libido but I would say most importantly is adequate protein and carbs and then B2, B3, P5P, folate or folic acid + vitamin C, choline + cholesterol (eggs being perfect combo here), zinc.

Excess body fat will lead to hormonal imbalance and thus poor libido, cannot be underestimated.

jaywills

Why cornflakes?

Regardless, I started getting regular morning erections when I started supplementing magnesium and K2.

Likewise found the return of morning erections with the inclusion of Stilton cheese in my diet. Known to be high in K2.

Back to the OP, @nomoreketones, I would imagine the Oxtail had a lot to do with it. Fat intake is crucial in my experience.

Caloric intake is important also, and will likely play a part. But, 5000 over say 4000 is perhaps marginal in terms of effects depending on your background/state of health.

OP
N

nomoreketones

Update - I was just daydreaming about sex and got a boner! I can't remember the last time that happened! :)

Tarmander

If there is no explanation then there is no explanation. Maybe the morning wood on the morning after a high calorie day is just a random coincidence.

Maybe morning wood doesn't correlate with calories at all.
oh there is an explanation, but finding it is the crux

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals