Announcement @haidut aka Georgi Has Been Banned *****edit*****: Ban Has Been Lifted

InChristAlone

A sense of humour comes in handy for cultural adjustment.
Nah I'm used to it, there were a bunch of them here too. Seems they all went there instead. But I see some people that have caught on to the #toxicbiletheory are over there too, just read one post recommending psyllium and charcoal for fatty liver. That never used to be recommended ever in the Peatosphere. The theory is spreading! :)

I have a friend who uses a supplement that has been proven in lab testing to raise cortisol. She swears by it because it makes her feel wonderful. One very valuable lesson I learned from RP is HOW something works is as, if not more, important than the fact that it "works." My husband and I did the low A diet for several months, and like keto, it wasn't sustainable for us.
What was the supplement, please?

ThinPicking

Nah I'm used to it, there were a bunch of them here too. Seems they all went there instead. But I see some people that have caught on to the #toxicbiletheory are over there too, just read one post recommending psyllium and charcoal for fatty liver. That never used to be recommended ever in the Peatosphere. The theory is spreading! :)
It's only existed for three days and the influxes here were subject to periods of cultural adjustment. I remember those in my time here well enough.

The desire to establish a "#toxicbiletheory" meme and reappropriate bioenergetics is palpable. That has certainly spread.

GreekDemiGod

Charcoal was always recommended on this forum.

InChristAlone

Charcoal was always recommended on this forum.
Not as heavily as it is now because Peat scared people that it could be persorbed and block capillaries. I'm still kinda afraid of that.

InChristAlone

What exactly is "looksmaxxing?"
Others should chime in, I'm not a guy, but I guess it involves trying to look like a "Chad" with a big strong jawline. Which is not wrong in and of itself. I think men with weak jaw structure are going to have breathing problems.

mhm

Not sure why the ban has been lifted (won't take the time to read 11 pages) but that's a good thing. It takes a great man to re-examine a decision (assuming that's what happened). Kudos.

Dominus

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
Do you have key takeaways of what Georgi taught you that contributed to good health?
I’ve really enjoyed listening to his mad rantings. I have definitely gleaned some nice suggestions from his study summaries, but there is actually not much of a coherent message in all of the ramblings.

I did gain about 20 pounds when I started ramping up the sugar in order to increase my metabolism and avoid the release of stress hormones. The extreme amounts of milk, oysters and liver convinced me once and for all that I have vA toxicity, so I’m grateful for those suggestions.

Anyone that talks so much has to be a little bit of a BS artist. As a pharmacist, I knew some things that he was speaking on with authority were incorrect. Why BS?

For instance, he said recently (with authority) that haloperidol is the most widely prescribed antipsychotic. This isn’t close to the truth. It is the most prescribed FIRST generation antipsychotic, but over the last 30 years the atypical antipsychotics like Seroquel, Risperal and Abilify are much more commonly prescribed. I started to wonder what else he was BSing about.

And then there is always the ever present profit motive when there are products for sale. That said I am a big fan of Haidut and I was pissed at Charlie when he introduced the vA toxicity idea. The idea challenged most of the ideas I had been acting on, but he got my attention. Call me simple, but the vA toxicity theory speaks to me as a Accutane victim. Just after a week of dropping the dairy, oysters and liver I feel better. I’m sure it’s partially placebo, but maybe not.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I’ve really enjoyed listening to his mad rantings. I have definitely gleaned some nice suggestions from his study summaries, but there is actually not much of a coherent message in all of the ramblings.

I did gain about 20 pounds when I started ramping up the sugar in order to increase my metabolism and avoid the release of stress hormones. The extreme amounts of milk, oysters and liver convinced me once and for all that I have vA toxicity, so I’m grateful for those suggestions.

Anyone that talks so much has to be a little bit of a BS artist. As a pharmacist, I knew some things that he was speaking on with authority were incorrect. Why BS?

For instance, he said recently (with authority) that haloperidol is the most widely prescribed antipsychotic. This isn’t close to the truth. It is the most prescribed FIRST generation antipsychotic, but over the last 30 years the atypical antipsychotics like Seroquel, Risperal and Abilify are much more commonly prescribed. I started to wonder what else he was BSing about.

And then there is always the ever present profit motive when there are products for sale. That said I am a big fan of Haidut and I was pissed at Charlie when he introduced the vA toxicity idea. The idea challenged most of the ideas I had been acting on, but he got my attention. Call me simple, but the vA toxicity theory speaks to me as a Accutane victim. Just after a week of dropping the dairy, oysters and liver I feel better. I’m sure it’s partially placebo, but maybe not.
I felt better in days, too. It took 6 months to get rid of the yellow/orange tinge to my skin.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Dominus, I had a really hard time believing it too but I’d had an experience of inadvertently eating low A for a period of several months where my health improved a lot prior to this thread starting in 2018. When read Grant’s story it finally made sense why my health turned around dramatically and then tanked when I went back to taking vitamin A and eating peat inspired again. At the end of the day we just have to do what works for us.

Iceman2016

Call me simple, but the vA toxicity theory speaks to me as a Accutane victim. Just after a week of dropping the dairy, oysters and liver I feel better. I’m sure it’s partially placebo, but maybe not.
I took 2 full courses of accutane and then a couple years later took low dose accutane for a long time. This was all a very long time ago. I've often wondered what effect this has had on my overall health. In your opinion, what bearing does having taken accutane in the past have on one's vitamin a consumption later? Are people who took accutane already retinoid damaged and more sensitive to vitamin a's negative effects?

Iceman2016

I came across Peat and this forum about a decade ago and have benefited tremendously from many of the things I have learned. Having said that, there are a lot of things I've tried based on things I read here that haven't exactly worked for me.

I had never been overweight my entire life but wanted to try the "Peat" principles to increase energy. I started consuming lots of milk, orange juice, saturated fats (butter, coconut oil), bowls of ice cream before bed to "improve sleep", etc. I quickly gained about 40lbs, all of it located in my gut and my face. I realized after a while Peat never really advocated massive amounts of saturated fats and many of the other things I was doing. So I have only myself to blame for that I guess.

I used to be a competitive athlete but now am afraid to engage in exercise in case it's too exhausting (causes panting) and "raises estrogen" and "stress hormones". I'm afraid to get too much fiber from vegetables I used to normally eat because broccoli, cabbage, etc are "anti-thyroid" and cause "gut issues" which "trigger the creation of serotonin". I'm afraid to stop eating a couple eggs and some cheese and milk every day because where else am I going to my vitamin a, protein and calcium? Some of what I'm writing is rhetorical in that it's clear some of the things I'm doing aren't working for me. At the same time, I feel it's hard to let go of certain ideas when you've believed in them for so long. Like maybe it's the right path but I'm just doing it all wrong. Anyone feel the same?

I'm grateful to God I am generally in great health and look much younger than my age. But maybe that's just genetics and I would have been better off not subjecting myself to a way of eating that has given me a fatty liver :):

GreekDemiGod

Perhaps Peat’s diet is the way to go when one really has a high metabolism.
And how we all have overestimated how high of a metabolism we have.
If you can’t stay lean and warm and happy while eating to full satiety, irrespective of diet/ macros, you do not have a high metabolism. Far from.

Maybe all the environmental stressors, toxins, EMF really make it difficult to have a high metabolism.

Perhaps people have good energy levels on low VA diet because of cortisol and adrenaline “supporting” the metabolism, since they take no cortisol suppressants.

Peater

Perhaps Peat’s diet is the way to go when one really has a high metabolism.
One thing people always seem to forget is that Peat was massively HYPER thyroid, needing 8000 calories a day, before he fixed his thyroid and began his body of work.

Peatful

One thing people always seem to forget is that Peat was massively HYPER thyroid, needing 8000 calories a day, before he fixed his thyroid and began his body of work.
Where does Peat say he was hyperthyroid?

Do you have the link for the audio or the written on that?

Thx

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Where does Peat say he was hyperthyroid?

Do you have the link for the audio or the written on that?

Thx
He has said that many times although I do not remember exactly where. He said when he started taking thyroid his hyperthyroidism normalized.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals