HELP ! I want to stop SSRI's

French.cat

Forum Supporter
Hi everyone,

Frenchcat is back here...

I just re-upgraded my account because It's been a long time since my last post on the forum (August 2023).

Well, I came first on this forum because of chronic depression. I just needed help, encouragements, love, and empathy, which I found here, and I thank you a lot for that ❤️

Unfortunately, since august, things are getting hard with my mental health issues. That's the reason why I am back on this forum.

Little reminder : I have ADHD, anxiety, insomnia, chronic depression, and dissociation.

Gut issues as well but... what's the need to precise, right ? I guess nobody is surprised here ! 🤓

I am currently taking SSRI's for three month now and things where great at first, but now it feels like I have to readapt and raise the dosage in order to feel "ok".
I always feel sad and empty, but at least with SSRI's I don't have suicidal thought anymore. I also take 'Theralène' for sleeping (it's a neuroleptic)

The thing is, with food, my depression also alleviated for a while ! Unfortunately I had really bad gut issues. I don't feel it anymore thanks to SSRI's, that changes my ability to digest (for the better).

I created my own entreprise in august but since I have a very few costumers and feel like ... it's not gonna work.

Food helped a lot with depression later on, but I got off the boat, because I'm moneyless and food is sooo expensive!!

I am even surprised that my bank accept the 7 dollars this website charged me for subscribing 😅😅

Well, I am thinking of stopping SSRI's cause they harden my insomnia and now I have to take a neuroleptic to sleep...
That's horrible.

Sometimes I am hoping that my life is gonna change but most of the time I am hopeless.

My life has been suffering 90 % of the time since childhood. I don't even know who I am. I have a true lack of identity (dissociation worsen that, of course).

Thanks a lot for you support, and sorry for my English.

Love,

The FrenchCat.

Peater

Definitely ditch the SSRIs. I have struggled with similar issues myself, I never found a diet that was a 'cure'. That said, have you looked into/tried the low Vitamin A approach? Are you/have you previously eaten a lot of Vitamin A? (Retinol and beta-carotene)

I learned there is also sometimes an aspect to excess copper in these symptoms especially with ladies. Official Copper Toxicity Resource and Support Site

Personally, I just wanted to try something new and I've run the gamut from vegan to paleo to Peating.

I understand people are sceptical but while it has not been all smooth sailing, I have definitely noticed improvements myself. I am dropping weight without even trying, I never go hungry. I found myself multiple times having the motivation to want to just get up and walk and ended up doing 6 miles, with some music. It wasn't even a pleasant countryside walk - I live in the UK equivalent of suburbia, yet I found it very enjoyable and only turned around when I realised I had the same distance to cover to get back home. I have not yet noticed any major down-sides.

That's also not to say I have thrown away everything I learned from Peat's work - I think he was right about PUFA, serotonin, and CO2.

lamassu

Its typically best to wean off SSRIs very slowly since the withdrawl symptoms can be bad. Then looking for the source of the depression symptoms can be the next thing. Many potential issues here. Anything help in particular? The cause could be gut and food issues, high serotonin, inflammation, something impairing metabolic function in the brain. Does anything help? Could try walking, elimination diets, magnesium glycinate supplements, more gelatin from foods, sun exposure, vitamin D, low dose thyroid or fish head/chicken neck broth, antibiotics or charcoal, therapy if early childhood issues related to upbringing, etc

Richiebogie

Hi @French.cat

Best to decrease your SSRI dose over 2 months or so.

Maybe halve your dose and then stick with that for a week.

Then halve again…etc.

It helps to have a 30 day pill dispenser so you can cut the pills into all the right sizes in advance.

Mary Lyn

Hi everyone,

I just re-upgraded my account because It's been a long time since my last post on the forum (August 2023).

Well, I came first on this forum because of chronic depression. I just needed help, encouragements, love, and empathy, which I found here, and I thank you a lot for that ❤️

Unfortunately, since august, things are getting hard with my mental health issues. That's the reason why I am back on this forum.

Little reminder : I have ADHD, anxiety, insomnia, chronic depression, and dissociation.

Gut issues as well but... what's the need to precise, right ? I guess nobody is surprised here ! 🤓

I am currently taking SSRI's for three month now and things where great at first, but now it feels like I have to readapt and raise the dosage in order to feel "ok".
I always feel sad and empty, but at least with SSRI's I don't have suicidal thought anymore. I also take 'Theralène' for sleeping (it's a neuroleptic)

The thing is, with food, my depression also alleviated for a while ! Unfortunately I had really bad gut issues. I don't feel it anymore thanks to SSRI's, that changes my ability to digest (for the better).

I created my own entreprise in august but since I have a very few costumers and feel like ... it's not gonna work.

Food helped a lot with depression later on, but I got off the boat, because I'm moneyless and food is sooo expensive!!

I am even surprised that my bank accept the 7 dollars this website charged me for subscribing 😅😅

Well, I am thinking of stopping SSRI's cause they harden my insomnia and now I have to take a neuroleptic to sleep...
That's horrible.

Sometimes I am hoping that my life is gonna change but most of the time I am hopeless.

My life has been suffering 90 % of the time since childhood. I don't even know who I am. I have a true lack of identity (dissociation worsen that, of course).

Love,

The FrenchCat.
Hi FrenchCat

Have you had childhood trauma? You said you dissociate. I am struggling with this at the moment and am finding some really good podcasts on the subject and it can be healed pretty quickly with the free help available. Maybe it would give you some hope.

I am also doing the low vit A diet with my many intolerances but now have some hope over the trauma problems.

I got off SSRI's a long time since and it needs doing carefully so perhaps a forum on that alone will help too.

feather

Forum Supporter
Hi everyone,

That's horrible.

Love,

The FrenchCat.
French Cat
Until you are able to resolve the childhood trauma you will continue to struggle. So Much depression and anxiety is related to unresolved emotional conflict. Put into your search bar The dark side of serotonin by Haidut in 70 studies. You will see how damaging SSRI's can be.

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
Hi everyone,

That's horrible.

Love,

The FrenchCat.
Sending you lots of love 💕 I also have a history of childhood trauma and have also struggled with disassociation. I think that having children myself is what truly started to heal my childhood trauma. I feel like I’m nurturing my inner child through my children. I’m still on the path of healing, but besides the other good advice on here, I’ve read about good results with flush niacin being used to wean off antidepressants so that might be something to look into.

Peaterpeater

Its typically best to wean off SSRIs very slowly since the withdrawl symptoms can be bad. Then looking for the source of the depression symptoms can be the next thing. Many potential issues here. Anything help in particular? The cause could be gut and food issues, high serotonin, inflammation, something impairing metabolic function in the brain. Does anything help? Could try walking, elimination diets, magnesium glycinate supplements, more gelatin from foods, sun exposure, vitamin D, low dose thyroid or fish head/chicken neck broth, antibiotics or charcoal, therapy if early childhood issues related to upbringing, etc
Wow, this is a great post. Thank you Iamassu. 🙏 I hope Frenchcat will find some healing. I have found that after 10 years of searching that my root problem is my gut. Although, I’m happy to finally have figured it out, I’m struggling to find viable solutions. My thoughts are with you Frenchcat.

OP
French.cat

French.cat

Forum Supporter
Hi @French.cat

Best to decrease your SSRI dose over 2 months or so.

Maybe halve your dose and then stick with that for a week.

Then halve again…etc.

It helps to have a 30 day pill dispenser so you can cut the pills into all the right sizes in advance.
Yeah, I think I'll decrease it really slowly ! Unfortunately my pills are uncuttable because it's made of plastic-like material, and there is powder inside. Sorry if it's not understandable, I'm French

OP
French.cat

French.cat

Forum Supporter
Thank you for the answer 🙏 Well, of course I have huge family traumas. The only family member I have left is my older brother. My father is dead, I don't talk to my mother and my little bro don't want to be in relationship with us two (older and I) because he is manipulated by my mom.
Weeell, on top of that I am obviously single and I don't really have friends. Just buddies, which I really care about, but not friends as my definition of friendship implies. I am ******* alone ! Sorry for the English and the bad words, but I am fed up with the situation.

Elimination diets is the lest expensive for me to try. I think gluten is bad for my gut. I have a really flat stomach but with certain foods it looks like 6 month pregnant. No pain associated, fortunately ! The same happens with dairies, but I think it comes from casein, not lactose. But I might be intolerant with both :bigtears:

I have a test of IgG that shows 15 different intolerances but ... It may JUST show that I have a leaky gut.
I hope that when I heal my gut, I could tolerate any food again.

Do you know this kind of laboratory test ?

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2024-04-27 à 19.50.14.png
    Capture d’écran 2024-04-27 à 19.50.14.png
    515.7 KB · Views: 1
OP
French.cat

French.cat

Forum Supporter
Wow, this is a great post. Thank you Iamassu. 🙏 I hope Frenchcat will find some healing. I have found that after 10 years of searching that my root problem is my gut. Although, I’m happy to finally have figured it out, I’m struggling to find viable solutions. My thoughts are with you Frenchcat.
Thannnnk you, my virtual friend 🙂
I cured insomnia during a 8 days fast so I guess my gut is the problem, too.
When I started eating again, BOUM, insomnia got back on track. Now I am taking a neuroleptic to sleep 😩

OP
French.cat

French.cat

Forum Supporter
French Cat
Until you are able to resolve the childhood trauma you will continue to struggle. So Much depression and anxiety is related to unresolved emotional conflict. Put into your search bar The dark side of serotonin by Haidut in 70 studies. You will see how damaging SSRI's can be.
Thanks, I will take a look of the studies. Unfortunately I had to take SSRI's. Since I am on Sertraline I don't have suicidal thought anymore.

OP
French.cat

French.cat

Forum Supporter
Definitely ditch the SSRIs. I have struggled with similar issues myself, I never found a diet that was a 'cure'. That said, have you looked into/tried the low Vitamin A approach? Are you/have you previously eaten a lot of Vitamin A? (Retinol and beta-carotene)

I learned there is also sometimes an aspect to excess copper in these symptoms especially with ladies. Official Copper Toxicity Resource and Support Site

Personally, I just wanted to try something new and I've run the gamut from vegan to paleo to Peating.

I understand people are sceptical but while it has not been all smooth sailing, I have definitely noticed improvements myself. I am dropping weight without even trying, I never go hungry. I found myself multiple times having the motivation to want to just get up and walk and ended up doing 6 miles, with some music. It wasn't even a pleasant countryside walk - I live in the UK equivalent of suburbia, yet I found it very enjoyable and only turned around when I realised I had the same distance to cover to get back home. I have not yet noticed any major down-sides.

That's also not to say I have thrown away everything I learned from Peat's work - I think he was right about PUFA, serotonin, and CO2.
Yeah, I also had the will to move and go to the gym because I had sooo much energy ! This was incredible but my belly hurt from time to time. I was in excess calories at this time (I try peating during summer), about 3000 calories, and felt euphoric sometimes, maybe du to the massive amount of carbs hahaha 🤣
This diet didn't cured my dissociation (feeling to be in a dream, not a real life), but made a big change in my sadness and concentration. For sure !
I can't afford this diet for the moment cause I have financial problems. And I Don't want milk and dairies in general to damage my gut. I don't know what to think of them !

Richiebogie

The low vitamin A diet can be inexpensive.

Rice and beef.
Raw oats, an apple and a banana.
Rye biscuits or sourdough.

(I soak my oats in a little apple juice and add a few sultanas. I am hoping the extra apple juice provides malic acid to wreck the unwanted nanotechnology in our bloodstreams! See the interview with Dr Mihalcea on the thread below:

)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals