Hidden Nasties In Our Food

Olmec

OP
Rinse & rePeat
OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The Central Dogma continues to be influential, even after a series of revisions. Until the 1990s, the only "practical" fruit of genetics had been genocide, but now it has become possible to insert genes into bacteria, and to use the bacteria to produce industrial quantities of specific proteins. In principle, that could be useful, although bovine growth hormone poses a threat to the health of both people and cows, human growth hormone poses a threat to athletes and old people, and human insulin could increase the number of treated diabetics. A deranged culture will put anything cheap to bad use.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Better start reading the labels on Mexican Coke. My friend said when she was at the Mexican market yesterday, Coca Cola offered three varieties of Mexican Coke, all the same bottle, but one had “cane sugar” and that one was more expensive than the other two, then there was one made with “corn syrup”, and the third one said “white sugar or sugar beets”.

“But at some restaurants and convenience stores in San Antonio, that's beginning to change. A Coca-Cola product has been spotted here bearing all the trappings of classic Mexican Coke — the curvaceous half-liter glass bottle, the "retornable" and "sabor original" wording, and, of course, the "hecho en México" designation — but a quick glance at the fine print on the nutrition label reveals something unexpected. The sticker on this version of Mexican Coke lists both sugar and high fructose corn syrup as the sweeteners.”

Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
This was posted by @Kimster elsewhere….

“The oysters were sent to Florida, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.

“Contaminated oysters can cause illness if eaten raw, particularly in people with compromised immune systems. Food contaminated with Salmonella and E. coli may look, smell, and taste normal. Consumers of these products experiencing salmonellosis or E. coli symptoms should contact their healthcare provider and report their symptoms to their local Health Department,” the FDA warning states.“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Peat: I think it was probably in the 60s when they started finding that… I think it was because the government started regulating the adulteration of meats; they had been simply adding salt water in huge amounts. They started regulating how much water they could put in meat, they started defining the chemicals that could be used. And it turned out that phosphate, various forms, polyphosphate and phosphate salts were effective for making meat hold more water. And once that was approved it became very standard. And so, all of the things you buy in delicatessens are likely to be hydrated ham now, as I think, unless you have it specially made, it's going to be hydrated with something like 15% extra weight. So they charge for it as if it is all meat, it makes it much more profitable.

Sarah: And also, the diapers underneath pieces of meat in grocery stores that have pre-cut pieces of meat for sale are usually very water-logged…

Peat: They can give these chemicals to animals and cause them to have edema at the time they slaughter them. And that counts as the starting weight, and then they can add 15% beyond that. So, if you have very edematous animals, your meat is even more profitable.

Sarah: Untreated fresh meat doesn't leak water. You said Peat, that it's hard to fry steak anymore because of the insane water content, ending up being boiled not fried.

Peat: In the 50s, I liked to have fried ham with eggs for breakfast; but starting in the 60s, I found that I couldn't get anything but boiled ham. Just put it on the frying pan and it would just full up the pan with water.

Sarah: Unless it's like a prosciutto that's been dry-cured, it's probably injected with a lot of water. That's probably why prosciutto is so expensive, then…

Peat: Yeah. And this generally means that you're getting a tremendous extra amount of phosphate.

Sarah: So not only is meat already high in phosphate, they're adding extra phosphate to it. This is why they're noticing 5-6 times dietary intake of phosphates.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Andrew: The recommendations have recently been coming out that phosphate should be lowered as an additive in food because of its health repercussions; do you think industry is listening to that?

Peat: I think they'll find some other way to make meat weigh more, some other way to get it to hold water. I'm afraid that one of those might be the gluey substances such as carrageen and other gums that’s already in practice, where they take waste fragments of meat or fish and add a jelly, such as carrageen or alginate, and then glue the whole mess together with an enzyme that glues proteins together, so it looks like a real lamb chop or squid patty, or whatever.

Andrew: These are kind of reconstituted meats ?

Peat: Yea

David PS

1698276424718.png

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Select is sold as a cheaper, leaner option in many stores and is the lowest grade typically found for consumer purchase as a steak. Younger cattle (under 42 months of age) tend to be graded as Prime, Choice, Select or Standard, while older cattle are more likely to be graded Commercial, Utility, Cutter, or Canner. These latter grades of beef are used for ground products rather than for consumer sale or food service.[3]

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“"...In 2022, Moms Across America (MAA) and Children’s Health Defense (CHD) commissioned the testing of school lunches and found that 5.3 per cent contained carcinogenic, endocrine-disrupting and liver disease-causing glyphosate; 74 per cent contained at least one of 29 harmful pesticides; four veterinary drugs and hormones were found in nine of the 43 meals tested; and all of the lunches contained heavy metals at levels up to 6,293 times higher than the US Environmental Protection Agency’s maximum levels allowed in drinking water. Moreover, the majority of the meals were abysmally low in nutrients.“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Most added lactic acid is a product of beet sugar or corn starch fermentation. Therefore, the majority of products containing lactic acid are vegan.”

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals