How to overcome gluten sensitivity

Birdie

Ray Peat email exchanges:

Do you think everyone should avoid gluten? Yes.

Test for gluten sensitivity?
Endoscopy and biopsy can identify it, blood tests are often not reliable. Home made, slowly leavened bread contains much less gluten than the instantly leavened bread most bakeries sell.

Follow up: okay to eat on occasion or is it likely to cause allergic reactions if gluten sensitive?
Yes, it's definitely a problem for people who are sensitive to gluten. Home-made bread, that's soaked for about 12 hours during leavening, is much safer than the typical commercial bread.

Can white bread cause intestinal irritation and endotoxins?
Yes, white bread is usually artificially leavened, and so contains unmodified starch and gluten.

OP
S

Snicky

Ray Peat email exchanges:

Do you think everyone should avoid gluten? Yes.

Test for gluten sensitivity?
Endoscopy and biopsy can identify it, blood tests are often not reliable. Home made, slowly leavened bread contains much less gluten than the instantly leavened bread most bakeries sell.

Follow up: okay to eat on occasion or is it likely to cause allergic reactions if gluten sensitive?
Yes, it's definitely a problem for people who are sensitive to gluten. Home-made bread, that's soaked for about 12 hours during leavening, is much safer than the typical commercial bread.

Can white bread cause intestinal irritation and endotoxins?
Yes, white bread is usually artificially leavened, and so contains unmodified starch and gluten.

Ghank you so much for this… I need to learn how to make my own, I guess!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals