I Think I’ve Finally Figured Out How To Use Niacinamide

ebs

I also notice better results with lower dose niacinamide 50-100mg a day. 500 mg gives me euphoria but at the same time makes me more sensative to stimulation and agitated. Lower doses don't have these side effects.

tillpickle

I could definitely do with some libido enhancement! and energy in general.

I have 500mg Natures Own B3 (Nicotinamide) . Is this ok? I’m in Australia so I think that’s how it’s labelled here , rather than niacinamide.

I’ve been popping the odd tablet without noticeable effect, so I might crush up the tab and divide into 10 doses (50mg), and aim for 3 x day.

I mostly have higher fat breakfasts, but it depends on how I feel each day. I wonder if it would work as well with low carb meals?
Can only try

tankasnowgod

I could definitely do with some libido enhancement! and energy in general.

I have 500mg Natures Own B3 (Nicotinamide) . Is this ok? I’m in Australia so I think that’s how it’s labelled here , rather than niacinamide.

I’ve been popping the odd tablet without noticeable effect, so I might crush up the tab and divide into 10 doses (50mg), and aim for 3 x day.

I mostly have higher fat breakfasts, but it depends on how I feel each day. I wonder if it would work as well with low carb meals?
Can only try

Nicotinamide is another name for niacinamide. They are the same substance.

tankasnowgod

Hey, thanks for this thread. This has caused me to go back to all the great Niacinamide articles that Haidut has posted, showing it to be Anti Cortisol, Anti Estrogen, and Pro Metabolic and Pro DHT. Interesting thing with the Cortisol thread especially, a dose in the area of 100mg seems to be pretty effective. All the testimonials I've seen about Niacinamide preventing weight loss where using much higher doses, like 500-1500mg or more. So, I'm thinking a couple doses mostly in the morning, that should cap out at a max of 300mg per day, with 100-150mg being a normal target, might get most of the benefits without preventing weight loss, or compromising sleep.

jmojo

Chris Masterjohn and Alex Leaf (Examine) claim that the risk of liver toxicity is greatest with nicotinamide because methylation is the only way it can be metabolized. "Liver toxicity can be minimized by eating a diet rich in methyl donors like folate, vitamin B12, methionine, betaine (trimethylglycine), and choline."

What are your guys' thoughts on this?

Bart1

Chris Masterjohn and Alex Leaf (Examine) claim that the risk of liver toxicity is greatest with nicotinamide because methylation is the only way it can be metabolized. "Liver toxicity can be minimized by eating a diet rich in methyl donors like folate, vitamin B12, methionine, betaine (trimethylglycine), and choline."

What are your guys' thoughts on this?
Curious about this as well

LeeLemonoil

iI's possible, or rather likely, that Peat is wrong on Niacinamde inhibiting Sirt1. But tht' not a bad thing becuase activating Sirt1 is possibly, rather likely, a bneficial hormetic mechanism more in line with the mainstream view anti-age/longevity-effects.
The "bad" news though is that Niacinamide and it's expensive derivates might not be able to increae cellular NAD+ to NADH-ratio, which is what we strive for. But Methylene blue and some other substances do. And "blindly" supping NAD-precursors especially in older age might be pro-cancerous.

It's all laid out here:

The Plasma NAD+ Metabolome Is Dysregulated In ‘‘Normal’’ Aging

and here's evidence that Niacinamide activates Sirt1

Nicotinamide is an inhibitor of SIRT1 in vitro, but can be a stimulator in cells. - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:

LeeLemonoil

a very new, well accessiblle article about why NAD+-precursors are bad in certain contextes:

https://www.leafscience.org/nad-and...s5KfSRf7HgPzh1USA2hGjUtVITNm6XtFGyM2-YSXeAEJ4

and thi is from life-extenders who are very much into the NAD+-hype train

Conclusion

The interaction of metabolism is complex, and it appears that careful adjustment of NAD+ levels may be required in order for it to be beneficial rather than harmful. Trying to raise NAD+ with precursors may come with too many downsides, preventing us from both having our cake and eating it; alternatively, researchers may find a way to bypass this issue. Only time and research will tell.

It may be the case that in order to restore NAD+ effectively, we must address the chronic inflammation caused by senescent cell accumulation and other sources of inflammaging. Ultimately, we may need partial cellular reprogramming to reset epigenetic alterations and senolytics to remove senescent cells.

OP
Inaut

Inaut

@LeeLemonoil good post once again. I’m backing off the niacinamide a bit. Maybe 100mg a day now.

Lolinaa

@LeeLemonoil : I wanted to start taking it for the energy and to have great skin. Right now its not the case, I tend to have acne on my back and its almost summer here, I would like to wear a bit more revealing clothes and go back to swimming but the acne left scars.

Anyway if I understood it can be pro cancer. I will stick to liver every 10 days or 2 weeks.

Bart1

@LeeLemonoil :

Anyway if I understood it can be pro cancer. I will stick to liver every 10 days or 2 weeks.

Where did you hear that. Niacinamide like aspirin is one of the best things you can use to reverse metabolic issues. Have you looked at the studies posted by haidut?

LeeLemonoil

@LeeLemonoil : I wanted to start taking it for the energy and to have great skin. Right now its not the case, I tend to have acne on my back and its almost summer here, I would like to wear a bit more revealing clothes and go back to swimming but the acne left scars.

Have you somebody to apply a cream on your back? Niacinamide topically at 4% in a light skincream/Lotion is effective against acne and will not have much systemic effects. Every 2-3 days is enough.

Methylene blue seems to me an adequate supp to enhance NAD+/NADH and beta-lapachone too.

Lolinaa

Where did you hear that. Niacinamide like aspirin is one of the best things you can use to reverse metabolic issues. Have you looked at the studies posted by haidut?

I was talking about the effects Leelemonoil mentionned.

No I have not yet but I will. I know Ray says only great things about those two ;)

Lolinaa

Have you somebody to apply a cream on your back? Niacinamide topically at 4% in a light skincream/Lotion is effective against acne and will not have much systemic effects. Every 2-3 days is enough.

Methylene blue seems to me an adequate supp to enhance NAD+/NADH and beta-lapachone too.

I will put like 500 mg in a small bottle with water and spritz on my back. Thank you.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals