I'm Completely Broken - Erectile Dysfunction, Fatigue, No Concentration

lexis

Interesting. I thought about emotional causes but more in the sense of childhood trauma. I am gonna go reflect and see if I can find some case where I humiliated someone in that department. Any more thoughts on this topic, as it really peeked my interest and something that I am thinking about as well.

Cursing people,Bullying people,bad words...etc

I m just telling what worked for me.

If you have hatred inside you,hormones will worsen your situation

OP
Deadpool

Deadpool

Cursing people,Bullying people,bad words...etc

I m just telling what worked for me.

If you have hatred inside you,hormones will worsen your situation

Definitely have hatred and trauma inside me. Could you please PM me and can we talk about that?

theLaw

@Deadpool

First off, if you want accurate responses then you need to post your current diet/sups, as the diet in your posts so far is all over the place, so the advice will be incomplete. Posting a completed Cronometer.com is the easiest way.

Second, the fact that you're still eating high-pufa (pizza) on a regular basis while having health issues, shows that you need to take some time and do more research here on the forum. Fastest way to destroy your liver is more pufa.

Finally, many of Peat's ideas are handicapped by using other methods like fasting, low-carb, and starch, so "dabbling" might just make things worse for you.

Once libido/erectile function goes, especially when you're young, that's a red-flag for serious health problems.

Good place to start: Ray Peat Email Exchanges - Ray Peat Forum Wiki

OP
Deadpool

Deadpool

@Deadpool

First off, if you want accurate responses then you need to post your current diet/sups, as the diet in your posts so far is all over the place, so the advice will be incomplete. Posting a completed Cronometer.com is the easiest way.

Second, the fact that you're still eating high-pufa (pizza) on a regular basis while having health issues, shows that you need to take some time and do more research here on the forum. Fastest way to destroy your liver is more pufa.

Finally, many of Peat's ideas are handicapped by using other methods like fasting, low-carb, and starch, so "dabbling" might just make things worse for you.

Once libido/erectile function goes, especially when you're young, that's a red-flag for serious health problems.

Good place to start: Ray Peat Email Exchanges - Ray Peat Forum Wiki

Hey, thanks for the answer and the tough love! Appreciate it. I am definitely not consuming pizza on a regular basis. I was a until a couple months ago where I was following more of Matt Stone Guidelines and the poster above in terms of getting more calories to generally get better.

But now I am following a close Peat approach.

A typical day of eating consists now of:

- coffee, with half a liter of milk, couple tablespoons of sugar, 2 tablespoons great lakes gelatin
- apple juice ( I don't tolerate OJ, Apple Juice better but still gives me diarrhea often)
- again sugared milk with 2 tablespoons great lakes gelatin
- maybe 2 eggs
- fat soluble vitamins as supps, b1, b3, b6
- sometimes rice
- once per week beef.

That's pretty much it these days.

I dabbled the last couple of days after having the day where I couldn't get it up. Tried adding in more rice, potatoes and vegetables. Trying more wholesome meals but normal meals just make me crashed. Also had one day where I tried fast-food to get a lot of calories in to see if it is a calorie issue.

mangos21

hows your sleep. do u feel refreshed when u wake up. maybe you have sleep apnea or uars.

OP
Deadpool

Deadpool

hows your sleep. do u feel refreshed when u wake up. maybe you have sleep apnea or uars.

I honestly feel like ***t most of the times as I wake up. It's always been that way. During my IF, Higher Fat days, it's been a lot better, but I think it was high cortisol getting me out of bed.

I feel like I got chronic fatigue syndrome. I can tape my mouth shut at night and have my tongue on the roof of my mouth. I have been mewing for years now, which is keeping correct tongue posture to slowly bring your maxilla more forward. I feel like I definitely had some success in that department.

I don't actually believe I have legit sleep apnea but there is definitely some bodily function that prevents me from getting restful sleep.

mangos21

Honestly if you're having symptoms this significant you should just get a sleep study anyway to rule it out. Ensure both sleep apnea and UARS are both ruled out. you A lot of what you've described can be attributed to sleep issues. UARS is tricky in that sometimes you can have a negative sleep study but still have the disorder. If it really comes down to it just get a cpap off craigslist and treat yourself.

theLaw

@Deadpool

Full disclosure, your description sounds very close to what I tried at the beginning of learning about Peat's work.

1. The typical day of eating that you presented does not appear to be 3000 calories as you listed in your op, and includes a ton of liquid, which can be tough on hypothyroid individuals. AJ, Real Sugar Pepsi, and Cheese might be easier to digest. Also, Red Bull (3 16oz per day) is a nice secret weapon to add to meals to aid digestion and balance blood sugar, but you can make your own with juice/soda + Taurine (1-2G per dose).

2. I would highly suggest adding Thyroid if your temps are not 98 upon waking and 98.6 during the day. There's a company owned by one of the members here who carries several types. IdeaLabs Online Store - Lab / R&D Chemicals

3. Right now it's probably best to find low-pufa options (potatoes/ice cream/cheese including 1000 easily digestible calories before bed) to increase calories while adding carrot salad or activated charcoal or antibiotics (search the forum for more info).

Those are three sledgehammers to get you started.:D

Vinero

What antibiotics would you first recommend?
I am currently using Doxycycline 2 x 100 mg a day, and Azithromycin 250 mg 3 x a week (M/W/F).
These are both anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, and have minimal side effects.
I am experiencing a huge decrease in inflammation (my skin looks much better, and my asthamatic symptoms have gone) and my mood and sleep have both improved.

Nebula

Hey, thanks for the answer and the tough love! Appreciate it. I am definitely not consuming pizza on a regular basis. I was a until a couple months ago where I was following more of Matt Stone Guidelines and the poster above in terms of getting more calories to generally get better.

But now I am following a close Peat approach.

A typical day of eating consists now of:

- coffee, with half a liter of milk, couple tablespoons of sugar, 2 tablespoons great lakes gelatin
- apple juice ( I don't tolerate OJ, Apple Juice better but still gives me diarrhea often)
- again sugared milk with 2 tablespoons great lakes gelatin
- maybe 2 eggs
- fat soluble vitamins as supps, b1, b3, b6
- sometimes rice
- once per week beef.

That's pretty much it these days.

I dabbled the last couple of days after having the day where I couldn't get it up. Tried adding in more rice, potatoes and vegetables. Trying more wholesome meals but normal meals just make me crashed. Also had one day where I tried fast-food to get a lot of calories in to see if it is a calorie issue.

That looks like less than 2000 calories. There's no way to run your body without breaking down on that even if it was digesting well, which probably isn't if apple juice is causing diarrhea. I've been in a similar place before where eating high calories that weren't digesting just made things worse with very high endotoxin and blood sugar all over the place, so low calories removed a lot of negative symptoms, but didn't fix anything either.

A possible shortcut in this situation might be DHT supplementation or a strong anti-inflammatory like emodin and beta lapachone that will allow you to more fully digest what you eat and lower cortisol and other stress hormones. Digestive enzymes and HCL might be another option.

Cyproheptadine + progesterone is another thing I've tried with good results when I couldn't get out of the rut of bad digestion. I think the combo works good, because the cypro lowers stress hormones enough so that the progesterone will fully convert into beneficial hormones. I also think it helps high sodium and magnesium intake to be fully utilized and used in the regulation of other important biological processes in tissues including the gut.

Last edited:
OP
Deadpool

Deadpool

@Deadpool

Full disclosure, your description sounds very close to what I tried at the beginning of learning about Peat's work.

1. The typical day of eating that you presented does not appear to be 3000 calories as you listed in your op, and includes a ton of liquid, which can be tough on hypothyroid individuals. AJ, Real Sugar Pepsi, and Cheese might be easier to digest. Also, Red Bull (3 16oz per day) is a nice secret weapon to add to meals to aid digestion and balance blood sugar, but you can make your own with juice/soda + Taurine (1-2G per dose).

2. I would highly suggest adding Thyroid if your temps are not 98 upon waking and 98.6 during the day. There's a company owned by one of the members here who carries several types. IdeaLabs Online Store - Lab / R&D Chemicals

3. Right now it's probably best to find low-pufa options (potatoes/ice cream/cheese including 1000 easily digestible calories before bed) to increase calories while adding carrot salad or activated charcoal or antibiotics (search the forum for more info).

Those are three sledgehammers to get you started.:D

Thanks for the answer @theLaw This post really resonated with me.

1. Yes, I feel like this is the case for me. Too many liquids and not enough calories. I am gonna elaborate on this later on in the comment. Also, I feel very good drinking Red Bull. Matter of fact, I remember drinking 3 doses of Red Bull at a Party and not only felt super awake, emotionally happy, dopaminergic (better than when I ever drank alcohol, I don't drink alcohol at all), I was able to at least get an erection for sex, although it wasn't the best and it subsided. But trying to recreate this effect, I only get the mental benefits with red bull, and actually feel it might be too worse, could be the combination of not enough calories or too many liquids though.

2. Yes, I will start measuring my temps. Also, I will take action steps to get a complete hormonal blood panel next week so I at least have data to work with. When done, I will consider adding thyroid, as I read on this forum that many blood sugar problems are thyroid related.

3. Again, similar thought to me, all those just kick me into a coma and seem to disrupt my blood sugar. I will try eating them before bed though. Also, I forgot to mention, but I try to get daily raw carrot (don't do the full shredded salad though).

That looks like less than 2000 calories. There's no way to run your body without breaking down on that even if it was digesting well, which probably isn't if apple juice is causing diarrhea. I've been in a similar place before where eating high calories that weren't digesting just made things worse with very high endotoxin and blood sugar all over the place, so low calories removed a lot of negative symptoms, but didn't fix anything either.

A possible shortcut in this situation might be DHT supplementation or a strong anti-inflammatory like emodin and beta lapachone that will allow you to more fully digest what you eat and lower cortisol and other stress hormones. Digestive enzymes and HCL might be another option.

Cyproheptadine + progesterone is another thing I've tried with good results when I couldn't get out of the rut of bad digestion. I think the combo works good, because the cypro lowers stress hormones enough so that the progesterone will fully convert into beneficial hormones. I also think it helps high sodium and magnesium intake to be fully utilized and used in the regulation of other important biological processes in tissues including the gut.

This is exactly my problem. I feel like I have two options:

1: Be very restricted with my food choices and eliminate all problem makers but therefore not get enough calories and mainly have a liquid diet
2: Try to up your calories but suffer endotoxin and blood sugar problems that make living a hell

I feel like I need something to bridge that gap like you said maybe some supplements. Again, I am prepared to spend money to get a full blood test and really figure out the cause. Also gonna start measuring my pulse and temps.

What could be too high of a pulse indicate?

Peater

I am currently using Doxycycline 2 x 100 mg a day, and Azithromycin 250 mg 3 x a week (M/W/F).
I am experiencing a huge decrease in inflammation (my skin looks much better, and my asthamatic symptoms have gone) and my mood and sleep have both improved.

To save derailing this thread, have you detailed this elsewhere? Inc. any probiotics

Luckytype

@Deadpool how much sunlight are you getting per week.

Take everyones suggestions here as they are well qualified modalities.

I would strongly suggest getting sunlight for at least an hour a day, focus on cleaning your gut as mentioned with carrots and charcoal and begin timing your food intakes so you are feeding with at least something with some carbohydrate(fruit or fructose sources) every couple hours.

Having a good idea of your bio markers and perhaps a cholesterol level will help us better refine the strategy, in the meantime assume not necessarily the worst, but I assume you are fixing the issues that the rest of us here work on.

Most importantly it is crucial to have patience, when you add in a change or start a supplement, don't just take it for two days and expect your world to be perfect, you may need to stick with it for days, weeks, months before thre total body changes are able to be realized and that is only when the rest of the pieces of the puzzle are in place. Long term. Cumulative effects are what we are after.

Luckytype

Just as an example, it took 3 months to lower my prolactin to a reasonable level(and other improvements), and then nothing happened for another month or two, then finally after doing the same things for several months my libido is now starting to increase, morning wood returned. Patience and trust the process.

OP
Deadpool

Deadpool

@Deadpool how much sunlight are you getting per week.

Take everyones suggestions here as they are well qualified modalities.

I would strongly suggest getting sunlight for at least an hour a day, focus on cleaning your gut as mentioned with carrots and charcoal and begin timing your food intakes so you are feeding with at least something with some carbohydrate(fruit or fructose sources) every couple hours.

Having a good idea of your bio markers and perhaps a cholesterol level will help us better refine the strategy, in the meantime assume not necessarily the worst, but I assume you are fixing the issues that the rest of us here work on.

Most importantly it is crucial to have patience, when you add in a change or start a supplement, don't just take it for two days and expect your world to be perfect, you may need to stick with it for days, weeks, months before thre total body changes are able to be realized and that is only when the rest of the pieces of the puzzle are in place. Long term. Cumulative effects are what we are after.

Thanks man. Yes, I will definitely take the suggestions. Tomorrow I'll contact an endo who seems to specialize in these issues but it will be some time before I get an appointement. Anyway, he might give me some pointers and also the most important thing, data and bloodwork I can work with.
Starting tomorrow I will also monitor my pulse and temps upon waking and after every meal.

Tonight I'll eat a good portion of potatoes before. We'll see.

OP
Deadpool

Deadpool

Ok , so had no potatoes anymore and made 2 bags of white rice instead. Ate them pure with salt without anything else. This equaled 392,5 Calories.

My pulse went from roughly 70 before eating to 90 after eating. Hope this is a good sign. We will see how it goes with my blood pressure response. We will see if I pass out into food coma again.

Other than that, and this is something I noticed since I started applying Peat's rules, I have a lot harder time eating volume. It was a struggle for me to down the rice and it only equaled about 400 calories. I am so used to liquid calories. This reminds me of my childhood where I wouldn't have any appetite once I started eating even though I was super hungry before.

Like before eating rice, I was starving. So hungry, it's crazy. After a couple of bites, I didn't want to eat anymore. Exactly like during my first 13 years of life or so. I feel like I only have appetite towards super sugary stuff or fast food. We'll see.

EDIT:
Ok so far today I have eaten:

Coffee with 3 tbsp sugar = 144 calories
About 750 ml 1.5% Milk with coffee, 3 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp great lakes gelatin, bit of taurin = 560 calories
Liter of apple juice = 480 calories
Red Bull = 115 calories
Rice = 392,5 calories
Liter of apple juice = 480 calories

Total= 2171,5 calories

Pretty low. But today before bed I will get myself another 750ml of 1.5% milk with 3 tbsp sugar and 2 tbsp gelatin. This will get me to 2730 calories. On another day I might have 2 eggs or try to eat potatoes, so I guess I get pretty close to 3000.

Last edited:

EIRE24

Have you noticed that digestion has improved?

When you are having this erectile dysfunction you feel you are in a state of hypertension, right?
And so, I think you have a weak GABA system and downregulated adrenergic receptors that makes you sensitive to cortisol.
You should quit stimulants and introduce GABA enhancers and nerve growth factor enhancers...

OP
Deadpool

Deadpool

When you are having this erectile dysfunction you feel you are in a state of hypertension, right?
And so, I think you have a weak GABA system and downregulated adrenergic receptors that makes you sensitive to cortisol.
You should quit stimulants and introduce GABA enhancers and nerve growth factor enhancers...

Yeah, I definitely feel like I might have some hypertension going on. What are some GABA enhancers and nerve growth factor enhancers?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals