IP6 For Iron Chelation

johns74

narouz said:
if I could prove I have hemachromotosis,
doctors would let me donate frequently.

What if you just showed up every month, or say, every 6 weeks?

You could alternate between two places. When they ask you when was the last time you donated, you can say '2 months ago', because you actually donated 2 months ago in that place.

What are they gonna do if they find out you donated more often than every 2 months? Ban you for life? Do they even control that?

Do they have a mechanism to ban someone for life and communicating the ban to all donation centers?

OP
N

narouz

johns74 said:
narouz said:

You could alternate between two places. When they ask you when was the last time you donated, you can say '2 months ago', because you actually donated 2 months ago in that place.

What are they gonna do if they find out you donated more often than every 2 months? Ban you for life? Do they even control that?

Do they have a mechanism to ban someone for life and communicating the ban to all donation centers?

I'm still exploring that, johns.
But actually...yeah:
they seem like they're really networking and syncing up thoroughly
with other states and blood donation organizations.
I probed for info along these lines with the intake people at the Red Cross I go to.
They get all your info and SS# for a reason.
But I haven't really explored the outer limits thoroughly.
I would drive to another state to donate if that would work, for example.
But from what I've gathered from my spying, it wouldn't.... :cry:

Stuart

narouz said:
johns74 said:
narouz said:

But actually...yeah:
I probed for info along these lines with the intake people at the Red Cross I go to.

What are their stated risks from more frequent donations? It's every 3 months in Australia.
My only concern with phytic acid is that it seems to stuff up your entire mineral absorption mechanism. Did with me anyway. And it doesn't seem to just be a matter of consuming more of the minerals you want.
I think the real biggie is magnesium. It's hard enough to absorb magnesium anyway.

OP
N

narouz

Stuart said:
narouz said:
johns74 said:
narouz said:

But actually...yeah:

What are their stated risks from more frequent donations? It's every 3 months in Australia.
My only concern with phytic acid is that it seems to stuff up your entire mineral absorption mechanism. Did with me anyway. And it doesn't seem to just be a matter of consuming more of the minerals you want.
I think the real biggie is magnesium. It's hard enough to absorb magnesium anyway.
No kidding about magnesium. :cry:
I haven't read that it binds magnesium, specifically.
Just calcium.
But I've barely started researching it.

IP6 is phytic acid.
That is exactly the substance Peat says to avoid in beans, for example, I think.
Some hidden hand is seducing me into violating Peat rules! :eek:

In just a cursory look about the interwebs
I see that IP6 also looks like a promising anti-carcinogen,
especially--but not exclusively--for the colon/rectum.
Could be the iron binding thing.

Iron is such a bad thing
that at some point I choose to prioritize its removal
despite the Peat objections and possible other negatives.
But you know, in terms of side effects,
that seems to be one of the brightest aspects of IP6's promise--
the consensus, for what that's worth, is that it is almost free of bad side effects.
Especially compared to most of the other mainstream iron-chelators.

Stuart

@ Narouz
You didn't mention what is considered harmful about too frequent blood donations? I really think you have to bit the bullet and get a pet leech. Do you have any other companion animals?
I think a lifetime of high phytic acid consumption also gave me a lifetime of bad teeth - inspite of quite obsessive oral hygiene. But it might be one reason my iron levels have always been low.
With the benefit of hindsight, I'd get a leech and spend a lot less at the dentist.
I have read that about the colon cancer preventative factor of phytic acid.
That's what the fermentable fiber is for. I still want my dental health back.
Honestly, I couldn't have been more assiduous with my teeth - from a very early age, Since I stopped eating grains/nuts/seeds, the latest few teeth to turn dodgy on me have ALL bounced back.
I've become an absolute expert at noticing the weird discomfort that deep flossing would cause adjacent to suspect teeth.

This cute picture of a plankton should get him on board.

Plankton_in_love.png

OP
N

narouz

Yep.
Like a wriggling earthworm on a hook to a bass.
No way he can resist that!

johns74

Danny Roddy: I have a mini story about this. So, my ferritin was about 150. I had it measured about a year ago. And I went about four times and we won’t talk about how I was able to do it that many times.

Aren't there ruthless private blood banks? There surely are some old rich folks who are just craving some high NAD+ young people blood. And a pint of blood is worth hundreds of times more than whatever food they give you.

OP
N

narouz

Such_Saturation said:
Aren't there ruthless private blood banks? There surely are some old rich folks who are just craving some high NAD+ young people blood. And a pint of blood is worth hundreds of times more than whatever food they give you.

Where are the ruthless corporations when you need 'em?!
I'm gonna have to rethink my opposition to Libertarianism!

narouz said:
Such_Saturation said:

Where are the ruthless corporations when you need 'em?!
I'm gonna have to rethink my opposition to Libertarianism!

Today it's the Red Cross apparently. Tomorrow it's going to be some other bourgeoisie. http://www.forbes.com/sites/erincarlyle ... or-profit/

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals