Low Dose Lithium and Improved diabetes and related conditions?

Elie

Forum Supporter
I noted a few interesting pearls in Georgi's latest interview "Maintain your Brain" with Kitty Martone.
One of them was the narrow therapeutic range of lithium,
Low dose, according to Georgi, supercharges mitochondrial functions in dysfunctional mitochondria, hence the positive effect on Dementia, while high dose acts like SSRI and is suppressive.

If dementia is "diabetes of the brain", could low dose help with diabetes?

If anyone on the forum (especially diabetics) have experimented with this, I'd love to hear from you.

Regardless, looking further into low dose lithium, this is what I found out so far.
Abstracts only.

one is a summary of case reports that stated: "high serum lithium levels were correlated with high fasting blood sugar, while lowering of the lithium level led to a lowering the fasting blood sugar". https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35236261/

The other is a review Beyond its psychiatric use: the benefits of low dose lithium supplementation - PubMed

Beyond its psychiatric use: the benefits of low dose lithium supplementation​

that stated: "his review summarizes these findings with a focus on low dose lithium's potential benefits on the aging process and age-related diseases of these systems such as cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, sarcopenia, obesity and type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer's disease, and the chronic low-grade inflammatory state known as inflammaging"

OP
Elie

Elie

Forum Supporter
Title should reas "low dose lithium..."

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I noted a few interesting pearls in Georgi's latest interview "Maintain your Brain" with Kitty Martone.
Low dose, according to Georgi, supercharges mitochondrial functions in dysfunctional mitochondria, hence the positive effect on Dementia, while high dose acts like SSRI and is suppressive.

If anyone on the forum (especially diabetics) have experimented with this, I'd love to hear from you.

Regardless, looking further into low dose lithium, this is what I found out so far.
Abstracts only.

one is a summary of case reports that stated: "high serum lithium levels were correlated with high fasting blood sugar, while lowering of the lithium level led to a lowering the fasting blood sugar". https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35236261/

The other is a review Beyond its psychiatric use: the benefits of low dose lithium supplementation - PubMed

that stated: "his review summarizes these findings with a focus on low dose lithium's potential benefits on the aging process and age-related diseases of these systems such as cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, sarcopenia, obesity and type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer's disease, and the chronic low-grade inflammatory state known as inflammaging"

I'd also love to see that amazon review that he mentioned about the terminal Alzheimer's woman moving back with her son on 5mg (elemental equiv) lithium.

See if this thread can answer some questions.

Mr Joe

Abstracts only.

Thx for sharing, I don't have access to full text, what are they calling "low dose" ? Still in the 5-10 mg range suggested by some here ?

Motorneuron

Abstracts only.

GSK3B inibhitor

OP
Elie

Elie

Forum Supporter
Thx for sharing, I don't have access to full text, what are they calling "low dose" ? Still in the 5-10 mg range suggested by some here ?
it says less than 0.5mM
molar weight of lithium is 6.9g per mol.
so a millimole would be less than 6.9 mmol.
So yes, that range, perhaps for safety less than 5 mg.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
it says less than 0.5mM
molar weight of lithium is 6.9g per mol.
so a millimole would be less than 6.9 mmol.
So yes, that range, perhaps for safety less than 5 mg.
I’ve been taking 1mg due to living my entire life in areas with low naturally occurring levels. It definitely seems promising and perhaps even a missing link for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.

View: https://youtu.be/AFUIGI_94Ro

Mr Joe

Thx @Elie. @Blossom Indeed ! And I find Lithium best option for helping people without telling them "increase your salt intake" and sounds crazy. In EU say"increase your salt" for someone that has hypertension and you are labeled like crazy. So a good alternative could be "well then take lithium". In fact according to studies that Georgi posted, the amount of salt needed in order to prevent serotonin to rise (and thus increase SRT) is quite high and I am sure that almost 99% of the modern population is below that value as Salt is being diabolized more and more. So a "sneaky" way to help would be to have some lithium !

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thx @Elie. @Blossom Indeed ! And I find Lithium best option for helping people without telling them "increase your salt intake" and sounds crazy. In EU say"increase your salt" for someone that has hypertension and you are labeled like crazy. So a good alternative could be "well then take lithium". In fact according to studies that Georgi posted, the amount of salt needed in order to prevent serotonin to rise (and thus increase SRT) is quite high and I am sure that almost 99% of the modern population is below that value as Salt is being diabolized more and more. So a "sneaky" way to help would be to have some lithium !
Yes, and for people who don’t eat many processed foods it can be easy to run into issues. Of course we all have to figure out for ourselves how much we need and that can change over time. I’m almost embarrassed to admit it but I’ve vomited twice from too much salt without enough food in my stomach so increasing salt intake can be tricky even for people who don’t buy into the low salt narrative.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals