Low Dose Naltrexone - LDN

Simba1992

The recommended starting dose is 0,5 mg. You stay on this for a week and then up by 0,5 per comming week until you you feel effect. Stay there and up if you want to check effect of higher dose. Everyone seems to have their sweet spot for best effect. Usually do not go higher than 4,5mg. I have been experimenting a long time with the sublingual drops. Hoped they wouldn't upset my stomach, but they did and really didn't find any real effect.Hope you have better luck.

Simba1992

Funny thing with LDN. Have tried it in different doses different intervals. When diagnosed with RA used 4,5 mg for 1,5 years. Better quality sleep was and is a great benefit. Did not really see the effect on inflammation until stopping LDN for some months my symptoms did in fact get worse and I had my first real flare. Now back on LDN on 3mg which seemes to be the best dose for me. There is a lot of ongoing research on LDN. Too bad that Ray Peat hasn't really looked into the different effects of LDN. The latest on the research front can be found on these sites.
www.ldnscience.org
www.ldnresearchtrust.org

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Any updates with LDN use? How is it working for you? Best online source?

Dave Clark

Working good for my wife who has menieres illness, and I am using a small dose right now to reduce inflammation, which it seems like it is doing. I remember Dr. Peat saying positive things about LDN, but he also felt it should be used intermittently after awhile, which dose- skipping is recommended by most of the LDN experts. Looks like it is a useful thing for people with thyroid issues, which is a main subject on this forum.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Simba1992

I keep taking 3mg for Ra, not every day. Sometimes seems to give better sleep and less pain.I am afraid of stopping since last time stopping my RA had a bad set back. I have also understood that it protects against cancer, since I feel I have a a hard time controlling my estrogen levels.

achillea

My wife has been using low dose ldn for about 5 weeks for terrible nightly headaches she has had for years. now she is sleeping through the night more often than not.

It is very dose specific. If you have drowsiness take it in the morning or early afternoon or if the symptoms get worse go down in dosage. Most start out at 2.5 mg for a few weeks then go up to see what happens.

From all day chemist take one tablet and dilute with 50ml of water to get 1 mg per ml.

Dave Clark

This FB group is a very good one for LDN information, and there is plenty to look at in files regarding dosing, etc. Brian the Admin/Mod is helpful and will give you info links upon request. It goes without saying that you have to look past some of the member's post, as their experiences may not be typical. It's a good way to see how most users use and deal with the LDN. Low dose Naltrexone (LDN) for chronic illness & infections

Dave Clark

Peat on LDN:
I often wonder why Peat doesn't expound on his opinions. People have been using LDN for years with success without doing the method he mentioned. People are recommended to take breaks every so often, but not to the degree he talks about. Some of his opinions fly in the face of positive clinical results, just like the high iodine thing, he and others are against it, but thousands of people have great success with HDI therapy. It would be nice to hear why he has that opinion (on the LDN).

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I often wonder why Peat doesn't expound on his opinions. People have been using LDN for years with success without doing the method he mentioned. People are recommended to take breaks every so often, but not to the degree he talks about. Some of his opinions fly in the face of positive clinical results, just like the high iodine thing, he and others are against it, but thousands of people have great success with HDI therapy. It would be nice to hear why he has that opinion (on the LDN).
I ended up taking it for months at a time off and on for years!

Pompadour

I don't know , if they talk about low dose naltrexone or full dose, but the results are interesting.

NALTREXONE AS A DISEASE MODIFYING THERAPY IN A MOUSE MODEL
OF CHRONIC PANCREATITIS

John George, Shrey Modi, Ajay Dixit, Hassam Cheema, Usman Barlass, Vikas Dudeja,
Rajinder Dawra, Sabita Roy, Ashok Saluja

Background: Chronic pancreatitis (CP) is a fibro-inflammatory disease of the pancreas for
which no disease modifying treatment is available. Thus treatment for CP is primarily
supportive in terms of pain control, enzyme replacement and management of diabetes.
Naltrexone is a long acting opioid receptor antagonist and is used primarily for management
of alcohol and opioid dependence. Naltrexone has been shown to inhibit hepatic fibrosis
in pre-clinical studies. The goal of the current study was to evaluate the therapeutic potential
of naltrexone in CP.

Methods: L-arginine CP was induced in C57BL/6 mice. Naltrexone
was started either after L-arginine CP was started but before full blown CP was induced or
after full blown CP had set in. The effect of naltrexone on pancreatic histopathology (inflammation and acinar cell loss scored on a scale of 1 to 4, averaged over 10 fields per animal), pancreas to mouse weight ratio (measure of pancreatic atrophy), sirius red staining and hydroxyproline for collagen content were evaluated. Since stellate cells are the major source of fibro inflammatory stroma in CP, the effects of naltrexone on stellate cell activation and collagen secretion from human pancreatic stellate cells (HPSC) were evaluated.

Results: Naltrexone treated CP mice had significantly higher pancreas to mouse weight ratio compared
to the untreated CP alone group (6.6± 0.3 vs 3.4± 0.2) showing protection from progressive
pancreatic atrophy. Naltrexone treatment resulted in significant reduction in chronic inflam-
matory infiltrate score (1.7 ±0.2 vs 2.9±0.3) and acinar cell loss score (1.5±0.1 vs 3.3± 0.3)
measured by quantification of histopathology. Naltrexone treatment resulted in significant
reduction in fibrosis as measured by Sirius red staining for collagen as well as tissue
hydroxyproline (µg/mg of tissue, 3.1±0.2 vs 5.6±0.3) when compared to untreated CP alone
group. Collagen secretion from human pancreatic stellate cells reduced significantly after
naltrexone treatment (32.6%± 1.8%). Stellate cell activation markers like vimentin, desmin
and α-SMA, as measured on IHC, decreased significantly after naltrexone treatment.

Conclusions: Our data clearly shows that naltrexone treatment protects against progression of
chronic pancreatitis as well as reduced severity of established CP. Given that naltrexone is
already in clinical use it could potentially emerge as novel disease modifying therapeutic
strategy against chronic pancreatitis

Dave Clark

I don't know , if they talk about low dose naltrexone or full dose, but the results are interesting.

NALTREXONE AS A DISEASE MODIFYING THERAPY IN A MOUSE MODEL
OF CHRONIC PANCREATITIS

John George, Shrey Modi, Ajay Dixit, Hassam Cheema, Usman Barlass, Vikas Dudeja,
Rajinder Dawra, Sabita Roy, Ashok Saluja

Background: Chronic pancreatitis (CP) is a fibro-inflammatory disease of the pancreas for
which no disease modifying treatment is available. Thus treatment for CP is primarily
supportive in terms of pain control, enzyme replacement and management of diabetes.
Naltrexone is a long acting opioid receptor antagonist and is used primarily for management
of alcohol and opioid dependence. Naltrexone has been shown to inhibit hepatic fibrosis
in pre-clinical studies. The goal of the current study was to evaluate the therapeutic potential
of naltrexone in CP.

Methods: L-arginine CP was induced in C57BL/6 mice. Naltrexone
was started either after L-arginine CP was started but before full blown CP was induced or
after full blown CP had set in. The effect of naltrexone on pancreatic histopathology (inflammation and acinar cell loss scored on a scale of 1 to 4, averaged over 10 fields per animal), pancreas to mouse weight ratio (measure of pancreatic atrophy), sirius red staining and hydroxyproline for collagen content were evaluated. Since stellate cells are the major source of fibro inflammatory stroma in CP, the effects of naltrexone on stellate cell activation and collagen secretion from human pancreatic stellate cells (HPSC) were evaluated.

Results: Naltrexone treated CP mice had significantly higher pancreas to mouse weight ratio compared
to the untreated CP alone group (6.6± 0.3 vs 3.4± 0.2) showing protection from progressive
pancreatic atrophy. Naltrexone treatment resulted in significant reduction in chronic inflam-
matory infiltrate score (1.7 ±0.2 vs 2.9±0.3) and acinar cell loss score (1.5±0.1 vs 3.3± 0.3)
measured by quantification of histopathology. Naltrexone treatment resulted in significant
reduction in fibrosis as measured by Sirius red staining for collagen as well as tissue
hydroxyproline (µg/mg of tissue, 3.1±0.2 vs 5.6±0.3) when compared to untreated CP alone
group. Collagen secretion from human pancreatic stellate cells reduced significantly after
naltrexone treatment (32.6%± 1.8%). Stellate cell activation markers like vimentin, desmin
and α-SMA, as measured on IHC, decreased significantly after naltrexone treatment.

Conclusions: Our data clearly shows that naltrexone treatment protects against progression of
chronic pancreatitis as well as reduced severity of established CP. Given that naltrexone is
already in clinical use it could potentially emerge as novel disease modifying therapeutic
strategy against chronic pancreatitis
Not surprising since it modulates inflammation.

Broken man

Would like to get a thread going about Low Dose Naltrexone. Seems like a winner after researching it some today. Please report your experiences with it, good, or bad. What do you know about it, etc....
Hello, please can I ask you where you bought IT?

Dave Clark

All Day Chemists. Product was Naltima-50 . Don't even try to go to a doctor unless they are open minded, or a practicing alternative doctor that understands and embraces LDN. And if your doctor does prescribe it, ask for 50 mg tablets, do your in home dilution, otherwise you will spend a fortune at a compound pharmacy. Plus, you can adjust your dosage doing a dilution method, when you get a script from a compound pharmacy, you are stuck with it until your doc can write another script. My wife's doctor gives her a script for 50 mg tabs, this is what she has been doing for over a year with no problems. Check out FB groups for LDN to see how/what others are doing, but most go low and slow, and some doctors don't understand this and start patients off with too high of a dose. For instance, my wife does better on 1.5 mg, as opposed to the recommended 4.5 mg.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals