Mike's healing corner.

FitnessMike

I will be putting my experience, thoughts on things, lab results, etc.

Any input will be appreciated.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Today's results.

These results are after month+ on 3x 0.5 grain with meals, THYROID-S brand, it's clear to me that thyroid with meals is a NO go, i knew this before because i had the same results with thyroxine. Just wanted to try THYROID-s with meals after stopping cypro and see if it works out.

Before, when i was trying to work out levo in the morning on empty stomach+some porcine ndt for t3 during the day, but i might have gone too quick with it and i quickly built up high rt3 again.

So two options i can think of now:

1. Start THYROID-S on an empty stomach 1-2 grains 1h before breakfast - with some simple carbs maybe.
2. Tyromix

1709290762974.png

1709290799619.png

1709290858471.png

Last edited:
OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

current protocol:

1. 100mcg thyroxine 1h before food.
2. 60mg og porcine NDT with first two meals for t3
3. pure encapsulation b complex + 400mcg extra folate since I tested very low.

I will take my time before increasing thyroxine this time, going to stay on this regimen for a longer while since we need multiple half-lives for thyroxine to fully stabilise.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Today's results.

These results are after month+ on 3x 0.5 grain with meals, THYROID-S brand, it's clear to me that thyroid with meals is a NO go, i knew this before because i had the same results with thyroxine. Just wanted to try THYROID-s with meals after stopping cypro and see if it works out.

Before, when i was trying to work out levo in the morning on empty stomach+some porcine ndt for t3 during the day, but i might have gone too quick with it and i quickly built up high rt3 again.

So two options i can think of now:

1. Start THYROID-S on an empty stomach 1-2 grains 1h before breakfast - with some simple carbs maybe.
2. Tyromix

View attachment 61775
View attachment 61776
View attachment 61777
You have some inflammation coming from somewhere, so do your best to identify where it's coming from and then address that. The inflammation is also likely what's elevating your thyroid antibody.
Also, your zinc is on the low side which might interfere with proper T4 to T3 conversion.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

You have some inflammation coming from somewhere, so do your best to identify where it's coming from and then address that. The inflammation is also likely what's elevating your thyroid antibody.
Also, your zinc is on the low side which might interfere with proper T4 to T3 conversion.
Thanks for popping Hansius.

The zinc and copper serum test is a bit funny, because a few weeks ago my zinc test was top of the range and copper lower end, and that is with the same food.

Antibodies came down significantly in past months, besides a little rise this month which was most likely caused by stress coming from low thyroid.

I do feel like zinc might be deficient to a degree, I can judge by the intensity of the dreams or lack of them.

Since starting thyroxine i already can go thru the night without eating/hunger.

The plan is to stay on this thyroxine + t3 in the form of glandular (it does raise my ft3 effectively) and over time fight with rt3 buildup.
1709810452758.png

1709810490039.png

youngsinatra

Have you ever tried T4 mono therapy for a few months beforehand and did thyroid labs then?

Your free and total T4 are low, so it makes sense to focus on thyroxine first in my opinion. Then the body has the chance to increase T3 on it‘s own need. (of course supported by a good diet, avoiding nutrient deficiencies, keeping inflammation down, stress in check and so on)

That would take out a lot of guess work with adding in NDT or glandulars, where we don’t know how much is actually in it. I know some don’t achieve good thyroid results with just NDT and do better on synthetic thyroid hormone.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Have you ever tried T4 mono therapy for a few months beforehand and did thyroid labs then?

Your free and total T4 are low, so it makes sense to focus on thyroxine first in my opinion. Then the body has the chance to increase T3 on it‘s own need. (of course supported by a good diet, avoiding nutrient deficiencies, keeping inflammation down, stress in check and so on)

That would take out a lot of guess work with adding in NDT or glandulars, where we don’t know how much is actually in it. I know some don’t achieve good thyroid results with just NDT and do better on synthetic thyroid hormone.
I feel better when I take some NDT which raises my ft3 to 5.5-6 pmol/L along with thyroxine in the morning than only thyroxine in the morning.

It's weird, taking either alone gives me bad symptoms very quickly, but taking two together feels somehow better.

I need to do all I can to convert it well with time.

The plan is to do the same test at the end of the month.

youngsinatra

I feel better when I take some NDT which raises my ft3 to 5.5-6 pmol/L along with thyroxine in the morning than only thyroxine in the morning.

It's weird, taking either alone gives me bad symptoms very quickly, but taking two together feels somehow better.

I need to do all I can to convert it well with time.

The plan is to do the same test at the end of the month.
Alright. Symptoms are important diagnostics aswell!

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

My resting pulse was way better for around 2 weeks and now went down a bit, but in general its higher.

I always deteriorate when i take anything that lowers cortisol, and i have a short memory because now and then i allow myself to have few mg of progesterone, or a few mg of zinc which makes my symptoms worse the following days, and it takes me a week or so to understand that its the extra supplements that are lowering my cortisol.

For healthy people, some of the progesterone, etc can be beneficial I'm sure, but its state depends on whether you can tolerate it.

It is like with magnesium baths, when i first started them, my nighttime urination and frequency of awakenings improved drastically, but over time, daily baths gave me an extremely low pulse with strong hypoglycemia at night and even flu-like shakiness which is one of the symptoms of low cortisol as well.

Last night tried a bunch of oysters and they made me feel slow too, so even in the form of food, too much zinc can have a negative effect if your stress hormones are low.

So essentially a bit better, need to watch out for these supplements and just stay with B vitamins, no bone broths, progesterones, aspirin, zinc etc, they all lower my pulse and make me urinate a lot more frequently.

I might postpone the blood test till the middle of next month.

youngsinatra

Thanks for the reply. I am in a very similar situation. Zinc and magnesium are the worst for me. Magnesium (both orally or topically in every form I tested) seems to shutdown my adrenals, worsen my sodium balance, makes me very dizzy, mentally slow and also drop my blood glucose too much and gave me panic sensations from blood sugar dips.

I have heard pure T4 is better tolerated than T3 with low cortisol issues. I am currently experimenting with pure T4.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

I have heard pure T4 is better tolerated than T3 with low cortisol issues. I am currently experimenting with pure T4.
I think a bit of t3 helps t4 convert well, i can see some t4 only for healthy people just to boost metabolism a bit, but if you were chronically stressed I doubt t4 only is the solution, my mum feels bad only on t4 due to rt3, my sister in law feels tons better on the porcine glandular vs thyroxine only.

Honestly, if we consider that the thyroid makes both, we should take both right?

Also, more than one coffee a day messes with cortisol too.

But honestly, I feel like I'm on the right track, dropping all supplements besides b complex and some oregano oil to help the small intestine.

Last edited:

youngsinatra

I find T3 hard to dose in a physiologically stable manner without ups and down and in accordance with our cardian rhythm.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

I find T3 hard to dose in a physiologically stable manner without ups and down and in accordance with our cardian rhythm.
this is where glandular comes into play, slow release t3 :) but I know you are not a fan of glandular.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Im quite positive that oregano oil is raising histamine in my case, which is a no go.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

I recently started getting indigestion again, like a while back from cyproheptadine.

indigestion went away when stopped stress quenching supplements very quickly, not sure of the mechanism, but cypro was causing indigestion due to its histamine lowering effect.

youngsinatra

I recently started getting indigestion again, like a while back from cyproheptadine.

indigestion went away when stopped stress quenching supplements very quickly, not sure of the mechanism, but cypro was causing indigestion due to its histamine lowering effect.
What have you been taking lately?

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Some zinc in the morning and progesterone before bed, maybe for a week until i started seeing indigestion, low pulse and frequent urination( more than usually)

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

do you know if you take thyroxine and you convert much of it into rt3, could it then show quite a low total T4 while taking a decent amount of thyroxine?

youngsinatra

do you know if you take thyroxine and you convert much of it into rt3, could it then show quite a low total T4 while taking a decent amount of thyroxine?
I don’t think so. I know people that had high-ish reverse T3 and they all had normal or high T4.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals