Milk is the most non-peaty peat food ever

Dr. B

I don't have digestive problems with it, but I just feel odd. The first few days of introducing it back into my diet feels great. Warm 2% goat milk with honey and then some white rice with an egg and I'm full of energy. The more days that pass I start to develop weird problems. Water retention, lowered libido, mellow, spaced out robotic feeling throughout the day.

I mean yeah all the B vitamins are still there, but heat sensitive ones like B2, folate and vitamin C are definitely reduced. All the minerals are still there. Ironically , similar to aniciete, the only time I had some digestive issues with milk (bloating, noxious farts) was when I was giving raw goat's milk a try. Driving 25km to a local farm every few days. Waste of time and gas.
how fresh was the goats milk? do you know how they were producing it? raw milk isnt going to be better than a grass fed, organic pasteurized milk.

At least you gave it a try with the raw Goats milk. You never can tell if it will benefit you or not until you run that experiment. So, now you know.

raw milk seems to cause bad breath for me whereas pasteurized non homogenized milk gets rid of it.
what does it take to denature milk proteins? arent some whey protein brands always advertising being cold processed undenatured

Jennifer

I'm actually kinda curious now to see how many people on this forum are drinking milk and how much. If you go back a few years and read this forum you will notice a lot of the still active posters go very back and forth on milk. When it's in their diet and working - it's great and I love it. Then a few months later - it's awful and it was giving me literal cancer. Some people take years to introduce greater amounts of dairy... Truthfully everyone is biased in their dietary approach and any advice and opinion will be formed from that position.
I've averaged between 2 to 4 liters of milk since June of 2020. Currently, I’m averaging 3 liters. It took 10 years before I tolerated it again. I say again because I tolerated it just fine while growing up--dairy comprised the majority of my diet--and then I went vegan and didn't have dairy again until my spine collapsed about 5 years later. It took 10 years because I had severe gastritis from SIBO that had gone untreated for years due to a misdiagnosis, which led to a 4 year dietary detour of mostly raw fruit because I was unable to digest anything else. When I reintroduced milk, I consumed mainly Mt. Capra’s non-fat powdered goat’s milk but for over a year now it’s been a mix of raw goat’s milk and raw certified A2 milk from Guernseys and Jersey/Milking Devon crosses.

B

Blaze

what does it take to denature milk proteins? arent some whey protein brands always advertising being cold processed undenatured
It's a heat thing and a time thing. When I say that the heat is probably not enough to completely denature the milk protein, I am taking into account that it is being flash applied very quickly and briefly. So the temps would certainly be enough to denature if you applied it for more time, which I don't believe they do. I am not a denatured protein expert, but our bodies temps do not denature all of our proteins. So I would completely guess above or around 100F degrees exposure for sufficient time at the very least is required to initiate denaturization and begin to break those hydrogen bonds.

But if it is correct that some or all of that protein is denatured in UHT milk by the 15 seconds of heat, it would I guess make it much easier to digest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. B

It's a heat thing and a time thing. When I say that the heat is probably not enough to completely denature the milk protein, I am taking into account that it is being flash applied very quickly and briefly. So the temps would certainly be enough to denature if you applied it for more time, which I don't believe they do. I am not a denature protein expert, but our bodies temps do not denature all of our proteins. So I would completely guess above or around 100F degrees exposure for sufficient time at the very least is required to initiate denaturization and begin to break those hydrogen bonds.
do you think low temp pasteurized milk is the most denatured? UHT is 280 degrees F for 2 or 3 seconds. regular pasteurized milk is 163 degrees for 15 seconds. low temp pasteurized milk is 140 degrees for 30 minutes. the timeframe is huge. do you think low temp pasteurized milk is heavily denatured compared to those other options.

Vanset

I've averaged between 2 to 4 liters of milk since June of 2020. Currently, I’m averaging 3 liters. It took 10 years before I tolerated it again. I say again because I tolerated it just fine while growing up--dairy comprised the majority of my diet--and then I went vegan and didn't have dairy again until my spine collapsed about 5 years later. It took 10 years because I had severe gastritis from SIBO that had gone untreated for years due to a misdiagnosis, which led to a 4 year dietary detour of mostly raw fruit because I was unable to digest anything else. When I reintroduced milk, I consumed mainly Mt. Capra’s non-fat powdered goat’s milk but for over a year now it’s been a mix of raw goat’s milk and raw certified A2 milk from Guernseys and Jersey/Milking Devon crosses.
Thanks for sharing your experience. How was the fruitarian diet (aside from the spine, ouch)? I kinda adore that type of eating, but sadly fruitarians are not making it very appealing with how they look. Ironically when it comes to vegans the starch based crowd presents itself much better than the raw vegan/fruitarian crowd imo.

B

Blaze

do you think low temp pasteurized milk is the most denatured? UHT is 280 degrees F for 2 or 3 seconds. regular pasteurized milk is 163 degrees for 15 seconds. low temp pasteurized milk is 140 degrees for 30 minutes. the timeframe is huge. do you think low temp pasteurized milk is heavily denatured compared to those other options.
No, I do not. If anything the UHT higher heat to me would destroy the shape/structure of the protein and denature it more effectively than the lower temps longer time process of pasteurization. Hey, I'm certainly learning a lot fleshing out the subject as we discuss it. Including your example of cold pressing whey to keep it undenatured. Very interesting stuff. You got me wondering now what is the advantage is to eating denatured versus undenatured whey protein. My guess would be , denatured - higher digestibility. undenatured- conserves nutrient content.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vanset

how fresh was the goats milk? do you know how they were producing it? raw milk isnt going to be better than a grass fed, organic pasteurized milk.

raw milk seems to cause bad breath for me whereas pasteurized non homogenized milk gets rid of it.
I mean it had to be pretty fresh because the lady milked the goat in front of me into a bigger container, went into her house and poured it into a 1L bottle. The goats grazed on grass. Yet I still tolerate UHT goats milk better.

I don't really buy the alarmism about pasteurization. Ray used to drink coffee made with milk. He boiled the milk and used it instead of water IIRC.

unpasteurized milk give me brain fog and mucus anyway, even raw organic a2 milk (jersey)
I just get tired of the debate about what is wrong with milk. There is nothing wrong with the milk if it is grass fed and good quality, there is something wrong with the digestion.

Better , only if you can tolerate it. Ray has stated on occasion that the ultra high temp milk is way more easily tolerated for some. Others seem to thrive on Raw and do worse on UHT. A2 milk benefits are seemingly turning out to be just propoganda.
There is huge variation on what works best for any individual. Ray said once, he didn't like the taste of one brand he tried or reacted poorly and attributed it to perhaps a different weed or something was being eaten by those cows.
All I know is that back in the old days, and even when I was a kid, and through my teens milk was wonderful and nobody had a problem with it. Maybe now it is the vaccinated cows, maybe it is people’s allergies, which everyone seems to have nowadays too, maybe it’s the glue on the cartons, maybe it is that once you pasteurize it the dead stuff continues to decay and it is the histamines? I am a year away from 60 and I don’t have a problem with it, so I must be the problem?

aniciete

All I know is that back in the old days, and even when I was a kid, and through my teens milk was wonderful and nobody had a problem with it. Maybe now it is the vaccinated cows, maybe it is people’s allergies, which everyone seems to have nowadays too, maybe it’s the glue on the cartons, maybe it is that once you pasteurize it the dead stuff continues to decay and it is the histamines? I am a year away from 60 and I don’t have a problem with it, so I must be the problem?
Probably peoples allergies caused by this

Attachments

• 46606A53-38D7-41E5-A91E-5E4570928D27.jpeg
    46606A53-38D7-41E5-A91E-5E4570928D27.jpeg
    155 KB · Views: 36
B

Blaze

You are not the problem and we completely agree that nothing is wrong with milk and milk is a healthy food for humans. (and ice cream! yum ) guess the question is the ability or not to digest it. Without a doubt there is a small cross section of we Peaters here that react negatively to some types of milk. It would be nice to be able to eat everything and not worry. Some are not so lucky.

Jennifer

Thanks for sharing your experience. How was the fruitarian diet (aside from the spine, ouch)? I kinda adore that type of eating, but sadly fruitarians are not making it very appealing with how they look. Ironically when it comes to vegans the starch based crowd presents itself much better than the raw vegan/fruitarian crowd imo.
You're welcome. :) Now that I know what real healing and health feel like, what I thought were improvements while following the fruitarian diet were actually the result of stress hormones. The diet was anti-inflammatory in the short-term, but catabolic in the long-term and combined with the energy, moments of euphoria and high temps that I experienced because of adrenaline, as someone with a history of poor thyroid function, it made it far too easy for me to misinterpret the diet as healthy. I thought all that fruit/sugar was helping prevent my hypoglycemia when in fact, it was causing it. I actually fared better with fruit-based than I did starch-based, but I wasn't a typical low calorie, fasting raw foodist. I averaged around 3000 calories a day.

Jennifer

I was born in the 80s and I didn’t even know intolerances and allergies were a thing back then, they were that rare. It’s only until I started going on health forums that I met people with food intolerances. Our “toxic” environment so often gets the blame, but I’d be curious to know how many people with intolerances have a history of restrictive dieting, fasting and/or over-exercising or were raised by at least one parent/guardian who restricted, fasted and/or over-exercised. I have a history of both and maybe just a coincidence, but I’m the healthiest eater I know and at one point, was the sickest person I knew. lol

Dr. B

I was born in the 80s and I didn’t even know intolerances and allergies were a thing back then, they were that rare. It’s only until I started going on health forums that I met people with food intolerances. Our “toxic” environment so often gets the blame, but I’d be curious to know how many people with intolerances have a history of restrictive dieting, fasting and/or over-exercising or were raised by at least one parent/guardian who restricted, fasted and/or over-exercised. I have a history of both and maybe just a coincidence, but I’m the healthiest eater I know and at one point, was the sickest person I knew. lol
but can you tolerate for instance a burger bun from mcdonalds or fast food places? some of it is the food quality/strange ingredients right?

No, I do not. If anything the UHT higher heat to me would destroy the shape/structure of the protein and denature it more effectively than the lower temps longer time process of pasteurization. Hey, I'm certainly learning a lot fleshing out the subject as we discuss it. Including your example of cold pressing whey to keep it undenatured. Very interesting stuff. You got me wondering now what is the advantage is to eating denatured versus undenatured whey protein. My guess would be , denatured - higher digestibility. undenatured- conserves nutrient content.

the undenatured whey is constantly advertised as a plus in bodybuilding, it does contain more immunoglobulins and other stuff. whey brands are always advertising cold pressed undenatured. but I think almost all wheys are made from pasteurized milk. so even though the whey is cold pressed, the milk is not raw its pasteurized milk, same pasteurization standards. most milk is pasteurized at the 163 degrees for 15 seconds. such specific requirements for pasteurization are odd, raw milk may be better...

Jennifer

but can you tolerate for instance a burger bun from mcdonalds or fast food places? some of it is the food quality/strange ingredients right?
I can't remember the last time I ate at a fast food restaurant so I can't answer that. I did have wraps, pasta salad and cake at the luncheon after my mum's funeral and tolerated them just fine, even took leftovers home and had them for the next 3 days, but it was held at more of an upscale restaurant so most likely better quality than McDonald’s. The only food I have an intolerance to now is honey. ?

ursidae

Evidence that Food Proteins in Vaccines Cause the Development of Food Allergies and Its Implications for Vaccine Policy

Summary:

Numerous studies have demonstrated that food proteins contained in vaccines/injections induce food allergy. The IOM’s authoritative report has concluded the same. Allergen quantities in vaccines are unregulated. Today kids are more atopic. C-section births bias the newborn’s immune system towards IgE synthesis due to sub-optimal gut microbiome [19]. C-section birth rates have gone up 50% in the last few decades. The vaccine schedule has increased the number of vaccine shots to 30-40 and up to five vaccines are simultaneously administered to children. Vaccines also contain adjuvants such as aluminum compounds and pertussis toxin that bias towards IgE synthesis. Given these conditions, the predictable and observed outcome is a food allergy epidemic.

Last edited:
See now that is what I wanna hear! Jennifer to the rescue, making good sense of things! I should have heeded that anti-Peat warning before treading in here!

I can relate to the end of you you posted. I was the healthiest eater I knew and I am reacting to new furniture, struggled with my weight, got puffy eyes constantly from too many things I ate and so on, but i truely think a lot of it, for me, was all the well meaning supplements. i think they created allergies and more imbalances. Admittedly I was so nice to not have to think about my health so much and just take a pill.

-Luke-

See now that is what I wanna hear! Jennifer to the rescue, making good sense of things! I should have heeded that anti-Peat warning before treading in here!

I can relate to the end of you you posted. I was the healthiest eater I knew and I am reacting to new furniture, struggled with my weight, got puffy eyes constantly from too many things I ate and so on, but i truely think a lot of it, for me, was all the well meaning supplements. i think they created allergies and more imbalances. Admittedly I was so nice to not have to think about my health so much and just take a pill.
I think this is a problem for many people who become "health conscious" after not caring much about health and nutrition (or only at a superficial level). I have had the same experience. Thinking about health and nutrition can easily lead to over-thinking and over-worrying. You sometimes become aware of problems you didn't even realize you had before, and think you need to take supplement X and avoid food Y to fix the problem you didn't even notice you had before.

Well, as long as we learn something from it...

I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I fall in.
I am lost… I am hopeless.
It isn’t my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.

I walk down the same street.
I pretend I don’t see it.
I fall in again.
I can’t believe I am in this same place.
But it isn’t my fault.
It still takes a long time to get out.

I see it there.
I still fall in… it’s a habit… but,
my eyes are open.
I know where I am.
It is my fault.
I get out immediately.

I walk around it.

I walk down another street.

Autobiography in Five Short Chapters, Portia Nelson

Vanset

Evidence that Food Proteins in Vaccines Cause the Development of Food Allergies and Its Implications for Vaccine Policy

Summary:

Numerous studies have demonstrated that food proteins contained in vaccines/injections induce food allergy. The IOM’s authoritative report has concluded the same. Allergen quantities in vaccines are unregulated. Today kids are more atopic. C-section births bias the newborn’s immune system towards IgE synthesis due to sub-optimal gut microbiome [19]. C-section birth rates have gone up 50% in the last few decades. The vaccine schedule has increased the number of vaccine shots to 30-40 and up to five vaccines are simultaneously administered to children. Vaccines also contain adjuvants such as aluminum compounds and pertussis toxin that bias towards IgE synthesis. Given these conditions, the predictable and observed outcome is a food allergy epidemic.
I'm aware of the connection, oh well. You can't unvaccinate yourself so the logical step for me would be to avoid dairy completely, but I'm not certain if it's allergy in my case. Short term, up to 4-5 days I can drink even up to 2L of goat's milk daily and I'm peachy. At around two week mark I start noticing lowered libido, mellow, spaced out mood and water retention. This implies some kind of a build up effect but it's just my guess.

Do you drink milk?

Vanset

Yeah I'm getting off dairy for now. Now... calcium. Pound of leaves, bonemeal, eggshell calcium or skip the tedious work and buy a finished eggshell calcium supplement or just supplement with either calcium carbonate or citrate...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals