Low Toxin Supplements Niacin Was, Is, and Always will be Essential to Life and the Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease, Just for Starters

Kray

The Orthomolecular Newsletter I pulled that from is a FREE newsletter and the organization is a very nice resource.
Thanks for sharing. Where does this put niacinamide, and if plain niacin is best, what is the recommended daily intake? What foods are highest on the low-toxin diet?

OP
K

Kimster

Thanks for sharing. Where does this put niacinamide, and if plain niacin is best, what is the recommended daily intake? What foods are highest on the low-toxin diet?
To me it's all information. Which is why I posted it........information. Do with it as you will. I would never begin to tell you what to ingest or not ingest. We're all unique. Perhaps someone else more experienced with dosing can assist you! Ask yourself, go inside, maybe it is for you or not for you!

BRENBAIL

Forum Supporter
@charlie, you wrote on another thread this formula niacin:

Nicotinic acid is acidic and can be a load on the body so when you buffer with say sodium bicarbonate or potassium bicarbonate you take care of the acid and neutralize it which makes the Niacin even better then it already is.

Here are the ratios and I will post a chart later:

- baking soda .77 = 77mg of baking soda to 100mg of Nicotinic Acid
- potassium bicarbonate .87 = 87mg of potassium bicarbonate to 100mg of Nicotinic Acid
-magnesium carbonate .37 = 37mg of magnesium carbonate to 100mg of Nicotinic Acid
-magnesium hydroxide .197 = 19.7mg of magnesium hydroxide to 100mg of Nicotinic Acid

So say you wanted to take 500mg of Nicotinic Acid and use potassium bicarbonate the math would look like this:

500 X .87 = 435 of potassium bicarbonate to 500mg of Nicotinic Acid

But then you mentioned you were revising this formula. Is this the new formula, or do you have an updated one yet?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
@charlie, you wrote on another thread this formula niacin:
Here is the updated chart:
nicotinic-acid-buffering-chart.png

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Peater

I am not Kimster but I love it! :)
Me too, I can definitely feel a mild sensation just from a few squirts of my homebrew formula on my scalp. I'm not chasing the flush so mild is fine with me.

I just wanted to check it was a valid method of administering it that the body could use systemically!

Peater

Totally ignorant as to topical niacin. Luckily Charlie answered. Now my curiosity is peeked. Why the application topically? Looking for a greater transdermal
infusion of said product???? All new to me!
I found some 'hair strengthener' ampoules while searching for liquid niacin which it turns out are just buffered niacin. It did make my hair feel great.

I realised I could make my own equivalent in a spray for pennies. I have worked out the mg per spray for niacin, but a complete guess as to how much sodium bicarb. I think I just went with 6 scoops niacin to 1 scoop sodium bicarb. It fizzed, and doesn't irritate my scalp.

BRENBAIL

Forum Supporter
@charlie :thankyou

Since the 'low toxin' threads are expanding, it's nice to have sub-categories where we can quickly find information. I guess that's why I found a 'niacin' thread within 'low toxin' category to ask this question so others can quickly find out about 'everything niacin' instead of hunting for it in other discussions :)

Last edited:

Sebastian B

Forum Supporter
@charlie

Regarding the buffer chart shown above, do you buffer with all of them at once, or do you just choose one to buffer with?

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
@charlie

Regarding the buffer chart shown above, do you buffer with all of them, or do you just choose one to buffer with?
You would only choose one of them. My personal favorite is the potassium bicarbonate. Dr. Garrett Smith likes the Magnesium Carbonate. And Kelsey likes the Baking Soda because she says it has a "mineral exchange" effect kinda like a water softener system. So I think she is saying it helps draw the Nicotinic Acid into the body.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Kelsey also said for the baking soda the sodium in it helps protect the kidneys as they are peeing out the toxins that are released by the Nicotinic Acid.

Sebastian B

Forum Supporter
@charlie

I appreciate your response. Could it (Nicotinic Acid) be taken with a meal, or should it be taken separately from a meal? If it can be taken with a meal, should a buffering agent still be consumed?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
@charlie

I appreciate your response. Could it (Nicotinic Acid) be taken with a meal, or should it be taken separately from a meal? If it can be taken with a meal, should a buffering agent still be consumed?
I take mine after a meal and with buffering.

Sebastian B

Forum Supporter
@charlie

I see. Could you also explain why buffering is required in the first place? I was under the impression that the primary reason for taking nicotinic acid was to achieve the flushing effect. And wouldn't buffering reduce this effect?

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
@charlie

I see. Could you also explain why buffering is required in the first place? I was under the impression that the primary reason for taking nicotinic acid was to achieve the flushing effect. And wouldn't buffering reduce this effect?
Buffering does not reduce the flushing effect. Kelsey recommends it to reduce the acid load on the body.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals