No one will help and don't know what to do

OP
T

Tidal

Have you ever tried Dihexa?

No because I've heard it can worsen autism so that has scared me off trying that.

Wow, that is a really hard situation, and doesn't leave much clues to work with. I wish you the best.

I might have missed this, but would you mind sharing your gender, and if you have had any recent hormone tests? As I mentioned in another thread on here, I had low testosterone, which also involved anhedonia, and was resolved within a few days of starting T. I know inositol is used to lower testosterone levels in women, I am not sure what its effect on men is.

Male and my testosterone is low but I didn't have symptoms of low test when all this began. I also don't want to take TRT

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
Well I don't have metergoline but have cyproheptadine. Don't know if you can mix that or whether it would defeat the point of taking sjw though
I think it should be ok. The point of using it would be just to lower your baseline serotonin for the time being so you dont get such a wild reactions when you take sjw. After a while things would normalize so you could drop cypro and eventually sjw and end up with higher sensitivity receptors for serotonin.

OP
T

Tidal

How low, and how recent was the test?

A couple years ago, tried some testosterone boosting herbs which didn't make a difference. I have a DUTCH test I can dig out with salivary hormones but they suggest its high when it was low in blood

OP
T

Tidal

I think it should be ok. The point of using it would be just to lower your baseline serotonin for the time being so you dont get such a wild reactions when you take sjw. After a while things would normalize so you could drop cypro and eventually sjw and end up with higher sensitivity receptors for serotonin.

I might just try a lower dose of SJW for now and see if it will be needed. Have horrible effects from cypro

A couple years ago, tried some testosterone boosting herbs which didn't make a difference. I have a DUTCH test I can dig out with salivary hormones but they suggest its high when it was low in blood

You really need to get some up to date bloodwork. There are any number of possible causes for your symptoms, but low T could completely explain it. For me, with low T, I had no real joy or opinions on anything, life was bland, and I was happy to lay there doing nothing. I felt guilty for not wanting to do anything, but otherwise didn't care. On TRT I feel extremely motivated and connected to life- I have goals and enjoy going through even extreme discomfort to accomplish them. I get very angry when people treat me or those I love badly, and very happy when they treat me well, when I had been indifferent before. Weirdly, I would say the experience of low T reminds me of how Buddhists describe enlightenment (no attachment), but I have no desire to live like that.

OP
T

Tidal

Yes, that's what I'm saying, the autonomic system was numb/shotnot working. And just festering in it made it worse.. I needed to stimulate it back to some level of functioning again and FOR ME the massager worked and it was such a relief both physically and mentally. I thought I was stuck forever.

Really sorry, I forgot about your message. But can you list all the issues this resolved for you? Did you have bodily numbness and symptoms of dysautonomia? I just want a bit more detail because this is very interesting

OP
T

Tidal

You really need to get some up to date bloodwork. There are any number of possible causes for your symptoms, but low T could completely explain it. For me, with low T, I had no real joy or opinions on anything, life was bland, and I was happy to lay there doing nothing. I felt guilty for not wanting to do anything, but otherwise didn't care. On TRT I feel extremely motivated and connected to life- I have goals and enjoy going through even extreme discomfort to accomplish them. I get very angry when people treat me or those I love badly, and very happy when they treat me well, when I had been indifferent before.

There's no point because I know it will come back low, it always does now.

Low T isn't helping but I don't think it's the main cause because I didn't have prime symptoms of low T when all this happened

Pete Rey

You really need to get some up to date bloodwork. There are any number of possible causes for your symptoms, but low T could completely explain it. For me, with low T, I had no real joy or opinions on anything, life was bland, and I was happy to lay there doing nothing. I felt guilty for not wanting to do anything, but otherwise didn't care. On TRT I feel extremely motivated and connected to life- I have goals and enjoy going through even extreme discomfort to accomplish them. I get very angry when people treat me or those I love badly, and very happy when they treat me well, when I had been indifferent before. Weirdly, I would say the experience of low T reminds me of how Buddhists describe enlightenment (no attachment), but I have no desire to live like that.
This mirrors my experience, except I feel the opposite about the enlightenment sentiment. The constant anhedonia and confusion led to extreme anger and resentment in my teens and 20s. It wasn't until after I started testosterone that I was finally able to manage these emotions in a productive way. Now 8 years later, it is almost impossible for someone to treat me badly enough to upset me. I still get the quick autistic pangs of emotion, but am able to quickly acknowledge them and set them aside and return to rational thought. I would say attachment/codependency was one of my main shackles as a young man of which I have largely freed myself. Admittedly I did initially struggle with some impulsivity, but I truly believe I would not have been capable of learning these meditative skills had I never gone on testosterone.

Tidal, I totally respect that you don't see this as an option for you. I felt the same way about it for 7 years, from 25 when I first considered it to 32 when I made the leap. Dangerous, risky, what about my heart, what about my balls, what about my brain, don't wanna become a meat head, etc. But knowing what I know now, man, what I wouldn't do to have those 7 years back. Just know that there is no substitute. No combination of other hormones, drugs, or supplements will get you there. A drastic lifestyle change might get your numbers up into normal range, but that doesn't mean you'll feel much different.

I went through all of those stages. I didn't want a band-aid; I wanted to correct the underlying problem. You name it, I've probably tried it. I now understand that the underlying problem probably started in utero and was cemented by age 5, and that even with a perfect lifestyle there is no "correcting" it. My only concern now is quality of life, and in that pursuit, there is only one treatment in existence that can truly deliver that. But, we all need to forge our own paths.

OP
T

Tidal

This mirrors my experience, except I feel the opposite about the enlightenment sentiment. The constant anhedonia and confusion led to extreme anger and resentment in my teens and 20s. It wasn't until after I started testosterone that I was finally able to manage these emotions in a productive way. Now 8 years later, it is almost impossible for someone to treat me badly enough to upset me. I still get the quick autistic pangs of emotion, but am able to quickly acknowledge them and set them aside and return to rational thought. I would say attachment/codependency was one of my main shackles as a young man of which I have largely freed myself. Admittedly I did initially struggle with some impulsivity, but I truly believe I would not have been capable of learning these meditative skills had I never gone on testosterone.

Tidal, I totally respect that you don't see this as an option for you. I felt the same way about it for 7 years, from 25 when I first considered it to 32 when I made the leap. Dangerous, risky, what about my heart, what about my balls, what about my brain, don't wanna become a meat head, etc. But knowing what I know now, man, what I wouldn't do to have those 7 years back. Just know that there is no substitute. No combination of other hormones, drugs, or supplements will get you there. A drastic lifestyle change might get your numbers up into normal range, but that doesn't mean you'll feel much different.

I went through all of those stages. I didn't want a band-aid; I wanted to correct the underlying problem. You name it, I've probably tried it. I now understand that the underlying problem probably started in utero and was cemented by age 5, and that even with a perfect lifestyle there is no "correcting" it. My only concern now is quality of life, and in that pursuit, there is only one treatment in existence that can truly deliver that. But, we all need to forge our own paths.

Lots of people with similar issues to me have tried testosterone with mixed results. I don't feel that it will resolve what I need it to because they began before this was even a problem for me. And I don't have the patience, funds or desire to pursue this path. I just want to resolve the underlying problem and restore my natural supply of hormones, NTs etc. I never want to have to be dependent on anything.

I hate having to take thyroid pills

You said nobody would help you and you are desperate, and that your life is on hold... but you don't seem to be willing to take routine lab tests, or risk being dependent on common medications. I think this is the symptoms you are having talking. If your life is ruined by what is happening, you need to be willing to do whatever it takes to fix it. Fight like hell, and fix this.

And you, to whom adversity has dealt the final blow
With smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go
Turn to, and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain
And like the Mary Ellen Carter, rise again
-Stan Rogers

OP
T

Tidal

You said nobody would help you and you are desperate, and that your life is on hold... but you don't seem to be willing to take routine lab tests, or risk being dependent on common medications. I think this is the symptoms you are having talking. If your life is ruined by what is happening, you need to be willing to do whatever it takes to fix it. Fight like hell, and fix this.

And you, to whom adversity has dealt the final blow
With smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go
Turn to, and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain
And like the Mary Ellen Carter, rise again
-Stan Rogers

I've done loads of tests and I don't have the funds to keep doing them. They are never any different. I can't take a lot of medication due to side effects I get.
It is the symptoms I'm having, I have no dopamine, no drive and feel trapped and unable to do anything, stuck 5-6 years ago. I don't know how to fix it and apparently no one does when my best option is taking a herb that has caused me Parkinson symptoms before.

The people with the knowledge I need on g protein receptors and second messengers won't help me

Pete Rey

Lots of people with similar issues to me have tried testosterone with mixed results. I don't feel that it will resolve what I need it to because they began before this was even a problem for me. And I don't have the patience, funds or desire to pursue this path. I just want to resolve the underlying problem and restore my natural supply of hormones, NTs etc. I never want to have to be dependent on anything.

I hate having to take thyroid pills
I'm not crazy about being dependent on a substance either. I just finally came to the realization and acceptance that the underlying problem was permanent and not going to be resolved, just like my autism is not going to be magically cured by the perfect combination of drugs and lifestyle. I even got my T from the 100's into the 400's naturally, and yet felt as bad as ever. Perfect example of how it's about far more than just serum levels.

So then the options became: suffer physically and psychologically the rest of my life and not be dependent on anything, or experiment with something that has worked for a lot of people, but if it works for me I will be dependent on it. I had suffered enough by that point for that to be a no-brainer. Nothing is ever a guarantee, but I challenge anyone to show me any therapy that is even close to being as effective for so many. Thyroid comes in a distant second as far as I can tell, and is much harder to dial in.

So the objections... Patience: You need way more of this to keep plugging away at things that barely move the needle if at all. Funds: Test costs about a dollar a gram, and I use 25mg a day, so that's a few pennies. A bottle of DMSO costs what, $20, and you need a couple drops a day, so also a few pennies. How does that compare to how much have you spent on everything else up to this point? So that leaves desire, and CellularIconoclast said it better than I ever could have.

What you think you need is not what you need. And I'm not saying we're right either, but I'm very confident in saying that much. Maybe you'd do horribly on testosterone and have to go back to the drawing board. But to me you sound like just the kind of person it could help the most. And if I could give my 25-year-old self one piece of advice, it would be to try what has obviously worked for the most people first, and if it really doesn't work then at least you know, but you won't lose the best years of your life because of some erroneous preconceived notions.

OP
T

Tidal

I just don't have confidence it will resolve what I want it to. I didn't have symptoms of low testosterone when it all began.

Not to mention my most recent saliva tests show the metabolites are high and I'm experiencing hair loss so I don't know

Pete Rey

It's a catch-22. Things like desire, confidence, etc. are fleeting when you are stuck in a low metabolic state. Before going on testosterone I didn't have confidence in much of anything. It really was a "**** it" kind of leap of faith.

Hair loss is genetics + stress. My hair actually got thicker (subjectively, can't prove this), granted baldness does not run in my family. Of course I am almost 40 now so it is thinning a bit, but I still have much more than many men my age who are clearly showing signs of losing the battle with stress.

As for salivary diagnostics, I'd put it this way. A car's computer can throw a code that gives me an idea about what's wrong with it and where the problem is. But sometimes they are misleading, and I'm better off ignoring that code and running my own experiments. If I always just relied on the codes, I'd waste a whole bunch of time and money addressing things that aren't the problem.

mostlylurking

I'd like to suggest that you investigate the articles I provided links to about thiamine (b1) that I posted earlier on this thread.

In addition, for your consideration, here's another article you may find of interest:

Last edited:

Pete Rey

Definitely give anything cheap and easy a try, but I have done the multiple grams of thiamine thing, since logically it should be effective for spectrum disorders. For me they may as well have been really big sugar pills. Same for TTFD, I don't perceive anything.

HeyThere

Personally, I would start with taking a quality Magnesium. Mag is your baseline for all supps to function properly.

I would focus on supps for nerves like B1, B6, B12, B3. BUT BE CAREFUL because some can also numb you if you take too much. Little is key, you can also go more if you feel you need to. Maybe start with 1/2 doses of everything, I don't know why people go so gang busters with everything (this includes pot BTW lol!).

You need to stimulate your Vagus nerve as mentioned before I can't stress enough the massager idea I gave you.

Don't give up on exercise, even if just walks. They ARE benefiting you.

Let yourself cry. And hard. And if you can't (I didn't for about 5+ years straight) then accept it, but don't ever hold back if it comes.

I just don't have confidence it will resolve what I want it to
I don't want you to think I was trying to pressure you into testosterone. My comments were general, encouraging you to keep seeking answers.

It makes sense it is not testosterone if your levels were already low for a long time and you didn't have symptoms... unless your levels are even lower now.

Validus

No because I've heard it can worsen autism so that has scared me off trying that.

Male and my testosterone is low but I didn't have symptoms of low test when all this began. I also don't want to take TRT
Interesting, I wonder if you misread or misheard. It's been said to improve autistic symptoms.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom