No one will help and don't know what to do

Waynish

Find a local chinese doctor that does pulse reading and gives herbs. Then report back.

OP
T

Tidal

St Johns wort is causing palpitations again. I would rather not take it but I don't see any other choice

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
St Johns wort is causing palpitations again. I would rather not take it but I don't see any other choice
I am at 3 capsules once a day. I changed the brand. Using MRM nutrition from iHerb. Works well as the one lokzo used.
I am sorry, I dont know what more to advise...maybe it passes after few days. 🤷

youngsinatra

Have you ever heard of Gregory Russel Jones?

He first developed a specific protocol for treating autism, but later found out that it’s effective for many of his clients with CFS/neurological disorders/psychiatric illness and many other disorders (IBS, allergies..)

I believe he is wrong on the way he approaches thyroid optimization (I prefer the Ray-Peat approach to that with diet, lifestyle and actual thyroid hormone usage) but other than that I believe it can be very helpful.

T3 makes B2 bioavailable (it turns it into the active metabolites FMN/FAD) and those activate B6, folate and B12 and restore methylation.

OP
T

Tidal

I am at 3 capsules once a day. I changed the brand. Using MRM nutrition from iHerb. Works well as the one lokzo used.
I am sorry, I dont know what more to advise...maybe it passes after few days. 🤷

Hope so, cutting the pill in half as well so it's only 150mg.

I think I have too much serotonin but taking things that reduce it like cyproheptadine has done nothing to help before.

Do the strong serotonin effects go away after so long or does it last as long as you take it?

OP
T

Tidal

Have you ever heard of Gregory Russel Jones?

He first developed a specific protocol for treating autism, but later found out that it’s effective for many of his clients with CFS/neurological disorders/psychiatric illness and many other disorders (IBS, allergies..)

I believe he is wrong on the way he approaches thyroid optimization (I prefer the Ray-Peat approach to that with diet, lifestyle and actual thyroid hormone usage) but other than that I believe it can be very helpful.

T3 makes B2 bioavailable (it turns it into the active metabolites FMN/FAD) and those activate B6, folate and B12 and restore methylation.

I have tried all the B vitamins and done some b12 injections to no avail. Not tried the oils but I don't think b vitamin deficiency is the issue.

I did crash a bit from taking SAM-e before.

youngsinatra

I have tried all the B vitamins and done some b12 injections to no avail. Not tried the oils but I don't think b vitamin deficiency is the issue.

I did crash a bit from taking SAM-e before.
Is your thyroid already fully dialed in? GRJ thinks it’s a prerequisite to activate the cascade, otherwise you could take grams of B vitamins without actually activating it. (Many have paradoxically high serum B12/folate/B6, due poor cellular uptake and utilization)

Just came across this interesting paper in anorexic women. The anorexic group were not deficient in riboflavin technically but they had lower levels of FAD and elevated EGRAC due to lower T3 levels. (even tho it was not even low-low, just suboptimal!)

A0ED4E77-3FB5-473C-97A9-310052C47595.png

9517DC52-3470-4FAF-A919-5FD74AF3D9C8.png

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0002916522043404

„In fact, it has been found that riboflavin ameliorates oxidative stress, mitochondrial dysfunction, neuroinflammation, and glutamate excitotoxicity; all of which take part in the pathogenesis of PD, migraine headache, and other neurological disorders. In addition, riboflavin-dependent enzymes have essential roles in pyridoxine (B6) activation, tryptophan-kynurenine pathway, and homocysteine metabolism. Indeed, pyridoxal phosphate, the active form of pyridoxine, has been found to have independent neuroprotective potential. Also, the produced kynurenines influence glutamate receptors and its consequent excitotoxicity. In addition, methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase requires riboflavin to ensure normal folate cycle influencing the methylation cycle and consequently homocysteine levels which have its own negative neurovascular consequences if accumulated. In conclusion, riboflavin is a potential neuroprotective agent affecting a wide range of neurological disorders“

„On the other hand, riboflavin has an indirect anti-inflammatory activity through vitamin D metabolism. In fact, essential enzymes in the biosynthetic pathway of vitamin D are based on flavins, including flavin-dependent monooxygenases and oxidoreductases (61). Indeed, in an animal study, riboflavin deficiency has resulted in a significant reduction in serum 25(OH)D with moderate reduction in serum calcium“

Last edited:

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
Hope so, cutting the pill in half as well so it's only 150mg.

I think I have too much serotonin but taking things that reduce it like cyproheptadine has done nothing to help before.

Do the strong serotonin effects go away after so long or does it last as long as you take it?
I didn't have strong serotonin effects. I would say it was pretty mild. That is why I didn't worry to much and I pushed through it.
I had like a nausea and a vomiting feeling for 3 days straight when I started taking it. After 3 days this nausea was significantly lower.
As I was upping my dose, I always experienced a little bit of that nausea, but not as much as on the begining.
I don't know how long is it going to last for you. Looks like you are especially sensitive.
I cannot even say its serotonin causing this cause I don't have a way of verifying it. I can only speculate.

OP
T

Tidal

I didn't have strong serotonin effects. I would say it was pretty mild. That is why I didn't worry to much and I pushed through it.
I had like a nausea and a vomiting feeling for 3 days straight when I started taking it. After 3 days this nausea was significantly lower.
As I was upping my dose, I always experienced a little bit of that nausea, but not as much as on the begining.
I don't know how long is it going to last for you. Looks like you are especially sensitive.
I cannot even say its serotonin causing this cause I don't have a way of verifying it. I can only speculate.

Do you know how long it should take to see an effect from it? Taking 300mg, is that gonna be enough?

Just praying it can resensitize serotonin receptors, not specifically 5ht1a but others

OP
T

Tidal

And for anyone wondering why I'm not responding to your specific posts, I'm really struggling with awful cognitive dysfunction and ADHD. It's been like that ever since taking inositol and it's hard enough to come here and type anything.

I've also done the B vitamin and thyroid route to death

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
Do you know how long it should take to see an effect from it? Taking 300mg, is that gonna be enough?

Just praying it can resensitize serotonin receptors, not specifically 5ht1a but others
Well, I saw an effect right away, first capsule when I took it. Immediate effect was this nausea and on the positive side even from one pill my sexual function was noticably better. I was able to get excited easier, maintain erection and orgasm was stronger. Not exactly how it should be and how I want it to be, but noticably better. All of that from just one pill.
Can you give me a link from the product you are using?

Btw, I am using 3 pills now MRM nutrition brand from iherb.

OP
T

Tidal

Well, I saw an effect right away, first capsule when I took it. Immediate effect was this nausea and on the positive side even from one pill my sexual function was noticably better. I was able to get excited easier, maintain erection and orgasm was stronger. Not exactly how it should be and how I want it to be, but noticably better. All of that from just one pill.
Can you give me a link from the product you are using?

Btw, I am using 3 pills now MRM nutrition brand from iherb.

Yep, it's this one, 250mg rather than 300.

I don't know if everyone notices anything straight away or if it can take time to have an effect.

Can you normally feel nauseous? Was your problems caused by medication?

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
Yep, it's this one, 250mg rather than 300.

I don't know if everyone notices anything straight away or if it can take time to have an effect.

Can you normally feel nauseous? Was your problems caused by medication?
OMG, that thing contain so much excipients.

No, my nausea was caused by SJW. It was just a side effect which lasted couple of days.

OP
T

Tidal

OMG, that thing contain so much excipients.

No, my nausea was caused by SJW. It was just a side effect which lasted couple of days.

I mean are you normally unable to feel nausea? I can't due to numb stomach. So maybe that's why I don't feel it.

Do you think 250mg is a high enough dose and how long could it take to work you think?

Not noticing anything

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
I mean are you normally unable to feel nausea?
I am not sure what are you asking.
If something is to make me nauseated then I would feel nauseated. I am not immune to the feeling of nausea.
Sometimes when I take copper supplement it makes me feel nauseated.
I can't due to numb stomach.
What does that mean? Feeling of nausea is triggered inside the brain, not in the stomach. If the stomach is able to do its job which is digestion and if the substance gets absorbed then you are going to feel nauseated. If something is nauseating for you.
Do you think 250mg is a high enough dose and how long could it take to work you think?

Not noticing anything
You should feel something right away, positive or negative, as I described for myself. If you don't feel anything, up the dose until you feel something. Keep it at that dose for 4 weeks.
Push through it.
If something is really unbearable then stop, but push it until you cant no more.
After 4 weeks, report back. Talk to you then. ;)

Mister

You're the perfect candidate for TRT. I've been there, brother. I still have the psychological scars, I'm still autistic/ADHD, I still have minor depressive episodes, but 8 years ago testosterone was the intervention that allowed me to move forward with life.

It's natural that professionals are going to aim their focus towards those they think they can help versus those they think they can't. Most doctors and medical professionals see self-educated patients as a headache to deal with. They think, "Oh great, here's this guy spouting off theories and taking random drugs off the internet. I don't want anything to do with this."

If you really want these people's help (I don't), you have to practice mindfulness in order to think about what your autism sounds like to a non-autistic individual. Be aware that very logical, detailed thoughts to you can come out sounding like word salad to neurotypical people. That's probably the most difficult and yet most important skill we all have to learn in order to deal with the outside world. It has to be a daily meditative practice because the time you need it the most are when emotions are running the hottest.
Yup would also advise to try TRT for a couple of months

Pete Rey

Yup would also advise to try TRT for a couple of months
It's a shame that it's viewed as such a high risk, last resort kind of intervention. I really feel it should be a first-line treatment for autism/adhd, even if levels look good on paper. It's certainly no harder to cease than amphetamines.

OP
T

Tidal

Stopped sjw after a couple weeks, didn't feel like it was going to help.

God only knows what will

OP
T

Tidal

Starting to feel I have some major deficiency in norepinephrine signalling. There is even a study that says withdrawal of amitriptyline can desensitize alpha 2 receptors and this increases turnover and firing rate of norepinephrine.

Amitriptyline withdrawal is the only thing to ever give a window of relief

HeyThere

Do you suffer from a stiff neck at all?

The Vagus nerve runs down the sides of the neck. You could try this:

Gently, and I mean gently, pass the back of your fingers down the sides of your neck. Very gently when approaching the front/sides.

Now, more towards the back of your neck (but still considered "the sides") use the out sides of your hands to massage down stronger. Never do anything that feels painful or wrong. You can really mess yourself up if you massage too hard close to the front side. If it feels ok, you are fine.

Sometimes I feel numb, and i'm realizing this can happen to me when my neck is spasming or very tight, which is every other day, but sometimes it's out of control. A quick massage can sometimes turn a bad day into a normal one within minutes.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom