Please critique my fatty acids analysis

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
Is omega-3 under 3% and omega-6 under 11% good? Can I allow myself one lick of a pistachio ice-cream on my birthday now? :) Seriously though, the trans fatty acids make me wonder whether they are from milk or long-time stored stuff being released...

1701786755507.png

Ginali

Forum Supporter
I am thinking about the same test. BUT IT IS SO EXPENSIVE :)

OP
chrstn4o

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
Do you have symptoms of EFA deficiency?
One thing I notice is if I don't eat at least 50-70g of fat, no amount of carbs and protein can satiate me... Been eating a lot of liver so do not think I have any deficiencies....what symptoms do you have in mind?

tasfarelel

Compared to tests I've seen on reddit, your omega-3 and omega-6 % are on the low end of what people report. So looks good so far. Your 18:1 to 18:0 is not optimal. You could look into SCD enzymes blockers and increase your 18:0 intake while not increasing 16:0. I guess you have read the "fire in a bottle" blog, it gives a rather nice perspective on fats from a laymen perspective.

One question: what is your impression - are the 10% omega-6 making sense compared to your nutrition?

My feeling was that the Omegaquant test is inaccurate and always shows highish omega 3 and 6 values even if you eat zero of both.

OP
chrstn4o

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
Compared to tests I've seen on reddit, your omega-3 and omega-6 % are on the low end of what people report. So looks good so far. Your 18:1 to 18:0 is not optimal. You could look into SCD enzymes blockers and increase your 18:0 intake while not increasing 16:0. I guess you have read the "fire in a bottle" blog, it gives a rather nice perspective on fats from a laymen perspective.

One question: what is your impression - are the 10% omega-6 making sense compared to your nutrition?

My feeling was that the Omegaquant test is inaccurate and always shows highish omega 3 and 6 values even if you eat zero of both.
I've been very low on PUFA in terms of diet and did a low-fat phase to excrete a bunch of them. So feels about right. I also started running this on my clients recently and so far the results seem to correspond to diet/historical intake...but I am of course taking them with a grain of salt.. Will be doing this test every couple of months on myself to see how it reproduces and what variability there is in..

LucH

Seriously though, the trans fatty acids make me wonder whether they are from milk or long-time stored stuff being released...
We have to distinguish trans fats from milk, cheese and meat (which are well metabolized) from other sources (notably in manufactured pastries). The body is able to manage maximum 2 gr transfats. Otherwise, It sets the havoc on membrane composition (not recognized / not functional).

OP
chrstn4o

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
It's also pointless. In what circumstances would it change your behaviour?
I think it is more of a curiosity thing or for the folks that like to get data on what is going on in the body. I find that when a client sees 40% omega-6 in the result, they suddenly start taking the whole "reduce PUFAs and crap from the diet" thing much more seriously. Had one lady completely stop all nut consumption after she saw her results, and her 15-year long eczema cleared up in less than 2 months (with gut healing interventions etc. also of course, but I believe reducing PUFAs helped a lot too).

OP
chrstn4o

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
We have to distinguish trans fats from milk, cheese and meat (which are well metabolized) from other sources (notably in manufactured pastries). The body is able to manage maximum 2 gr transfats. Otherwise, It sets the havoc on membrane composition (not recognized / not functional).
Yeah I think it must have been trans fats from milk because my diet was hyper clean for months prior to collecting that sample.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals