Sinatra‘s Notebook

mosaic01

I wish I could just eat nutritious foods like red meat, leafy greens, potatoes etc, but I cannot tolerate those at all.

That's unfortunate. There's a food based b-complex with very low amounts of b-vitamins (less then the RDA) that could help you keep a physiological level of b-vitamins without disrupting things by unphysiological doses. 4 capsules are 110% of the RDA.

FitnessMike

@youngsinatra did you ever experience low pulse, or symptoms of low cortisol from B vitamins?

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

@youngsinatra did you ever experience low pulse, or symptoms of low cortisol from B vitamins?
I thought so in the past. But so far, no.

But I found out that magnesium reliably causes bradycardia for me and symptoms of it.

I have been avoiding magnesium supplements for 2 werks or so and now my pulse is always higher and I no longer have this crushing fatigue and low grade dizziness, rocking-boat sensation.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Lately even with procholinergics — 200-300mg of thiamine + 100 mg B5 etc. my pulse was at least 70 bpm.

If I take some topical or oral magnesium, pulse plummets to 50 or less and I feel terrible.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Mg also was the factor that caused me difficulty fallin asleep

Now hit the pillow and immediately sleeping

FitnessMike

Mg also was the factor that caused me difficulty fallin asleep

Now hit the pillow and immediately sleeping
Magnesium can be ovedone, i did magnesium baths for more than a month, daily, had excellent results initially, slept longer, and had fewer awakenings.

But with time it must have dropped my cortisol way too much and caused severe blood sugar swings at night, I got 150 DV on cronometer daily which seems to be low, but my blood tests in the past were always top of the range despite low intake through food. It feels like getting 1g or so daily is overkill.

I suspected B vitamins causing my low pulse past 2 weeks, but now I'm thinking that with all this magnesium, and collagen protein which is another strong cortisol-suppressing thing, i probably overdid them.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Magnesium can be ovedone, i did magnesium baths for more than a month, daily, had excellent results initially, slept longer, and had fewer awakenings.

But with time it must have dropped my cortisol way too much and caused severe blood sugar swings at night, I got 150 DV on cronometer daily which seems to be low, but my blood tests in the past were always top of the range despite low intake through food. It feels like getting 1g or so daily is overkill.

I suspected B vitamins causing my low pulse past 2 weeks, but now I'm thinking that with all this magnesium, and collagen protein which is another strong cortisol-suppressing thing, i probably overdid them.
I already notice these effects from 200-400mg (50-100% RDA) of oral magnesium. (malate, glycinate, chloride, gluconate…)

Even when split dosed (like 100mg with each meal)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Were you also repleting potassium at the same time? Magnesium draws down on potassium stores so its important to supplement both at the same time.

FitnessMike

Were you also repleting potassium at the same time? Magnesium draws down on potassium stores so its important to supplement both at the same time.
i got decent potassium intake
1708789309902.png

FitnessMike

I already notice these effects from 200-400mg (50-100% RDA) of oral magnesium. (malate, glycinate, chloride, gluconate…)

Even when split dosed (like 100mg with each meal)
Maybe with some vitamins/minerals we are not as depleted as we think we are, and hitting multiple daily values every day is counterproductive, maybe we are not as depleted as we think we might be.

That's why we often seem to benefit from supplementation only initially, same with b vitamins I noticed.

InChristAlone

Magnesium is the most catabolic mineral according to Dr. Revici. Most people are overly anabolic so it helps them have some energy, but you can over do it and cause insomnia.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Deadpool

Magnesium is the most catabolic mineral according to Dr. Revici. Most people are overly anabolic so it helps them have some energy, but you can over do it and cause insomnia.
This is exactly what happens to me. I feel like I am in such a catabolic state already and magnesium just pushes me over the edge and I cant sleep at all for days.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
This is exactly what happens to me. I feel like I am in such a catabolic state already and magnesium just pushes me over the edge and I cant sleep at all for days.
Sounds like it is detoxing copper.

Deadpool

Sounds like it is detoxing copper.
I am on this for 2 years charlie. 2 years of no sleep. I should have made some improvements on the copper detoxing front but instead my blood copper and ceruloplasmin are actually still deficient in blood and I am seeing no improvements, insomnia just keeps getting worse and worse.

I think its more so something of magnesium actually increasing cortisol. There is actually plenty of stuff online how magnesium can increase cortisol in some people.

mattmm24

I thought so in the past. But so far, no.

But I found out that magnesium reliably causes bradycardia for me and symptoms of it.

I have been avoiding magnesium supplements for 2 werks or so and now my pulse is always higher and I no longer have this crushing fatigue and low grade dizziness, rocking-boat sensation.
Magnesium by itself can cause hypoadrenalism as it lowers sodium. Best to get at least 1 to 1 with calcium. I get the same symptoms, but when I supplement calcium with it I feel energetic and more alive in general. Of course if you are supplementing calcium you have to make sure you are eating enough potassium too. The low vitamin A stuff has caused everyone to think calcium is bad. When bioavailable calcium is just as important as any of the other minerals. And nobody gets enough of it.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Magnesium by itself can cause hypoadrenalism as it lowers sodium. Best to get at least 1 to 1 with calcium. I get the same symptoms, but when I supplement calcium with it I feel energetic and more alive in general. Of course if you are supplementing calcium you have to make sure you are eating enough potassium too. The low vitamin A stuff has caused everyone to think calcium is bad. When bioavailable calcium is just as important as any of the other minerals. And nobody gets enough of it.
I get ~1 gram of elemental calcium per day through Gerolsteiner mineral water.
Upping salt or potassium does not help my side effects from magnesium. I think it’s related to glutamate/NMDA metabolism.

mattmm24

I get ~1 gram of elemental calcium per day through Gerolsteiner mineral water.
Upping salt or potassium does not help my side effects from magnesium. I think it’s related to glutamate/NMDA metabolism.
Strange....what type of magnesium are you taking? And have you ever tried taking supplemental calcium? Vitamin D? Apparently the oratates are the best absorbed forms of calcium and magnesium. Those might be worth a try.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am on this for 2 years charlie. 2 years of no sleep. I should have made some improvements on the copper detoxing front but instead my blood copper and ceruloplasmin are actually still deficient in blood and I am seeing no improvements, insomnia just keeps getting worse and worse.

I think its more so something of magnesium actually increasing cortisol. There is actually plenty of stuff online how magnesium can increase cortisol in some people.
It took Hope over 3 years before her liver decided it wanted to start letting go of the copper. And she was hammering it pretty hard with the Big 5 essential minerals. For some reason copper just does not want to let go and it is the hardest to detox.

Last edited:
OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

It took Hope over 3 years before her liver decided it wanted to start letting go of the copper. And she was hammering it pretty hard with the Big 5 essential minerals. For some reason copper just does not want to let go and it is the hardest to detox.
It wasn’t until she added a specific probiotic that her blood copper levels went from very low to high if I remember correctly, right?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals