Sunmountain's Log

Dean

sunmountain said:
I called RiteAid, Walgreens, Target pharmacies, and they don't have the FofS. Also not the health food stores.

I ordered mine at a K-Mart pharmacy.

tara

Also sometimes called sublimated sulphur - in case your retail personnel don't know to look up both.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
sunmountain said:
I called RiteAid, Walgreens, Target pharmacies, and they don't have the FofS. Also not the health food stores.
You might be able to find it online through a veterinary supply company.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Amazon has it if you search 'flowers of sulphur for dogs'.

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

Thanks, all! Haven't ordered FofS yet and don't know if I should now GI appt coming up and hopefully getting antibiotic for sibo.

Quick question -- does anyone know any contraindication to Alprazolam for the supps I'm taking: Methylene Blue, progest-e, preg, thyroid come to mind, other than B's and fat-solubles?

Also, the xanas I have lying expired last October. I could ask doc for new refill and she would give it...but not the antibiotic!! :(

BUT I recall reading Haidut saying that niacinamide can work as a benzo...at what dose?

In fact -- which of peat-approved supps can work as benzo's and at what dosages?

Please someone answer ASAP...I'm gonna need something soon as this transition is very hard with my daughter leaving.

tara

sunmountain said:
BUT I recall reading Haidut saying that niacinamide can work as a benzo...at what dose?

In fact -- which of peat-approved supps can work as benzo's and at what dosages?

Please someone answer ASAP...I'm gonna need something soon as this transition is very hard with my daughter leaving.
I wonder if this is the relevant thread?: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3585

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

Saw new GI today for sibo. He wanted to start with gastroparesis test (drinking radioactive) but I shot it down. He was going to throw up his hands, but I told him single mom, fatigue, gonna lose job, etc. He's integrative and against antibiotics, but agreed to prescribe rifaximin AFTER I do a bunch of blood and stool work. He also recommended the Genova stool test, it's now called 2200 GI Effects or somesuch. Wouldn't hear of tetracyclines.

He looked at my actual graph from the sibo and said methane was very high and very hard to kill methane bacteria. He said best protocol to date for methane was rifaximin plus neomycin, but he wasn't going to prescribe neomycin because it's too dangerous (? Is that you, Jennifer, are you still alive after neomycin?). So he is suggesting rifaximin 3 times a day for 14 days, along with Berberine (he's swearing by it for methane killing) 400mg x2 with each dose of rifaximin.

He also wants my doc to do insulin plus glucose tolerance test.

Also said sublingual b12 and whole leaf aloe for constipation.

Also pushing for capsule endoscopy if insurance will cover it. I don't want to eat a camera. Can anyone comment on the risks of capsule endo from peat pov? Radiation? Can I pretend to eat it but not?

anyone here killed off methane bacteria, and how? Any comments on berberine to kill methane?

tara

I can see being skeptical about swallowing radioactive stuff.

Is capsule endoscopy where you swallow a camera, and it takes pictures all the way down your GI tract? I don't know, but my guess is it would be less traumatic than other kinds. I don't think pretending to swallow it would show anything useful. Does it record and store photos, or does it transmit as it goes, and if so, how? How big is the capsule? I imagine they'd want you to clean out the passage with strong laxatives before hand?
If there are visible issues somewhere along that tunnel, it could be really useful to see them, and know what you are up against.

Hopefully Blossom or others know more - I'm just speculating.

Aloe sounds reasonable. Checking insulin may be helpful - more use than just the GGT.

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

"The SmartPill Capsule collects pressure, pH and temperature data from your GI tract and wirelessly transmits that information to a data receiver worn on a belt or lanyard. This data is then downloaded to a computer." -- from website

The lab slip says "smartpill." Seems there is no radiation. Used to check gastroparesis.

Yea, he was very insistent on the insulin plus glucose tolerance test, and not glucose only. He said I'm prediabetic/insulin resistant (I knew that) and implied that might be the cause of my sibo.

Just in March this year I was in Mexico and returned from there with perfect motility. Like waking at 7am to go. I believe it was the tons of the blessed, fresh OJ I was drinking in Mexico that got things moving.

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

He is also on the lookout for yeasts and parasites -- he said once the flora takes a turn for worse, all these other bad guys take up home -- but wants to test for them first through stool before taking anti-yeast/parasite measures such as oregano oil (and FofS...I ran it by but not sure he heard).

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

The last week has been very uncomfortable, and something has gotten worse, though I don't know what. Could be yeast imbalance. The bloating is so bad, I remembered AC and it really helped, albeit temporarily. One night my skin itched here and there in a weird way like something crawling on it. Today I have 3 large acne on my back -- after a long time of no acne.

A

Anonymous

You just don't get it Sunmountain. I'm about to write the post that everyone is thinking when they read your little "log." You are like a rat lost in a maze. Almost everything you discuss is not Peatarian. You have one foot in the Peatarian world and another in the "I'm helpless and I don't know what to do" world. "Please help me doctors!" Why are you on non-RP sites? How could you possibly properly adopt the protocol? You need to go back to the drawing board. Start looking at the big picture. You heard niacinamide works like a benzo? Stop trying to treat individual symptoms. Swallow a pill with a camera in it? What?!?! Desperate people will do desperate things, I guess. You have fatigue? You need to get your serotonin down. You have fatigue? You need to get your serotonin down. You have fatigue? You need to get your serotonin down. At the rate you are going, you will feel this way for a long time.

This is like taking a final exam and you have the answer key right beside you, meanwhile your trying to cheat off the person next to you. I do have sympathy for your situation because the health community is an absolute mess. And I hate to hear your daughter is not getting the best version of you. I don't mean to scare you or put you down, but I hope you simply take this as tough love. And I hope you will thank me when you are healthy. By seeking doctors and people outside of yourself to help you, you perpetuate the helpless, serotonergic state. By relying on your daughter being near you for your sense of peace, you rely on some situation outside yourself to be happy. But it is just an illusion. Because even when she is with you, your mind will find something else to fear. You have all the tools you need. Don't convince yourself otherwise. Hang in there. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

JRMoney, How do you know what everyone is thinking when they read my little "log"?

Too much serotonin in me may be causing me constipation, but in you it is causing delusions of omniscience! :)

Really, please just speak for yourself.

Frankly it's hard for me to take a message seriously that is delivered in such a condescending, non Peatarian tone! I may be confused, but you who know vastly more and better of Peat are astonishingly non-Peatarian in your tone and message!

Please, swallow your rancor and exercise some restraint and good sense in your response. Not everyone here has a science background. Pretend I'm that annoying woman who calls Peat, and behave like him with courtesy and patience each and every time she calls.

tara

sunmountain said:
JRMoney, How do you know what everyone is thinking when they read my little "log"?

... delusions of omniscience! :)

Really, please just speak for yourself.

Frankly it's hard for me to take a message seriously that is delivered in such a condescending, non Peatarian tone! ...

Please, swallow your rancor and exercise some restraint and good sense in your response.

:yeahthat

tara

@JRM,
I do not share all your thoughts about Sunmountain's situation and posts, and I don't appreciate being told what I think. No need to insult either Sun or 'everyone' by telling us what we think or feel.

I'm not sure which protocol you mean by 'the protocol', but it doesn't seem to be Peat's - maybe your own? Sunmountain is doing a lot of the 'perceive, think, act' protocol. She is not obliged to do it the same way you would.

Telling someone off for reading non-RP sites strikes me as both insulting and limiting. Much as I respect and value Peat's work, he is not omniscient, and there will be things to learn from other sources too.

There can be many causes of fatigue, and likely serotonin plays a role, but not necessarily the only key one for everyone. If you've found an approach that works for you, that's great.
Sun is trying to address gut distress. From what I gather from Peat, this may be key to lowering serotonin.

Other than exclamation marks and insults, do you have any actual reasons (eg involving evidence and logic) for not swallowing a sensor capsule?

Just because you don't want to go to drs doesn't mean no-one else should. We know they have their limitations, but some of them also have strengths, and access to investigative resources and information, etc. We each get to make our own decisions about this, and don't need to be told off for it.

JRMoney15 said:
Hang in there. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.
I agree with this.

A

Anonymous

sunmountain said:
Frankly it's hard for me to take a message seriously that is delivered in such a condescending, non Peatarian tone! I may be confused, but you who know vastly more and better of Peat are astonishingly non-Peatarian in your tone and message!

I'm not sure what you mean by "non-Peatarian tone"? If you read Ray's articles he is crass and makes modern medicine basically sound like a conspiracy. His article on SSRI's basically suggests that they are tool to control the masses and keep them helpless. Sorry, I will be more sensitive next time.

A

Anonymous

tara said:
@JRM,

I'm not sure which protocol you mean by 'the protocol', but it doesn't seem to be Peat's - maybe your own? Sunmountain is doing a lot of the 'perceive, think, act' protocol. She is not obliged to do it the same way you would.

JRMoney15 said:
I agree with this.

I agree with this.

And wow, there is nothing like getting told by a Peatarian chick. Are you single?

tara

JRMoney15 said:
sunmountain said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "non-Peatarian tone"? If you read Ray's articles he is crass and makes modern medicine basically sound like a conspiracy. His article on SSRI's basically suggests that they are tool to control the masses and keep them helpless. Sorry, I will be more sensitive next time.

I have never read Peat say that people should not read widely. I've never seen him telling a person trying to improve their health that they are stupid for not doing it all his way. He supplies a lot of specific information that he thinks might be relevant, and sometimes suggestions to try, and expects people to do their own thinking and make their own choices.

I agree that Peat does often speak with scorn about some institutions and some behaviour in the medical and science establishments.

tara

JRMoney15 said:
tara said:
@JRM,

JRMoney15 said:
I agree with this.

I agree with this.

And wow, there is nothing like getting told by a Peatarian chick. Are you single?

Aha, the dating theme is spreading. :)
I assume you are aiming that at Sun, but here's what I said last year:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=4133&start=30#p59210
:lol:

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

Ha, ha! He's aiming at you, Tara, all yours! Let's go see what's happening on the P_G-Cody threads...I think BigP was in there staking claim...

Peat (rightly) attacks establishments and systems, not individuals. Big difference.

Wish I could meet Peat some day!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals