Announcement The Forum is transitioning to a subscription-based membership model

ThinPicking

Really saves time scrolling through newsletters when youre just looking for certain info or reminders
Easy tiger.

FwJiPQGXsAAyG6j (1).jpeg

yerrag

Using mine for now would be sufficient, although once I get all the interviews transcribed then it would be as close as we could get.

Just to let y'all know, one of my pals over at Chadnet has already make a pseudo-peat chatbot, you can play around with it at peatbot.com. It's pretty fun to mess around with, of course it's not perfect because all it does is source the context it refers to from the small source of information in the articles, but it still does a somewhat decent job. I think he sourced the context from either mine or chadnet's directory (wouldn't make a big difference regardless). Like I said, once I get all the interviews transcribed then it will be much more accurate.
Wow! That chatbot is impressive. Great job by Chadnet! I'm still playing with it.

David PS

Using mine for now would be sufficient, although once I get all the interviews transcribed then it would be as close as we could get.

Just to let y'all know, one of my pals over at Chadnet has already make a pseudo-peat chatbot, you can play around with it at peatbot.com. It's pretty fun to mess around with, of course it's not perfect because all it does is source the context it refers to from the small source of information in the articles, but it still does a somewhat decent job. I think he sourced the context from either mine or chadnet's directory (wouldn't make a big difference regardless). Like I said, once I get all the interviews transcribed then it will be much more accurate.
Thanks. I have only just started testing this chatbot. I asked a question without using a "?". I also mis-spelled a word. I was more than satisfied with the result. I asked:

User: why the vinegar in carrot sald

PeatBot: Vinegar is added to the carrot salad because it has antibacterial properties. The acetic acid in vinegar is a bacterial chemical that kills fungus and other harmful organisms. When combined with the anti-fungal and anti-bacterial chemicals in carrots, vinegar can have a profound disinfecting action on the intestine, making it a good treatment for invasive and deadly organisms. Additionally, vinegar can improve the taste of the salad.

Edit
Another question:
User: Why Ray Recommends Eating Lots Of Calcium

PeatBot: Ray Peat recommends eating lots of calcium because it is the solution to many health problems and also the cause of many health problems. Adequate calcium and magnesium intakes are necessary for improving conditions such as arthritis, bursitis, scleroderma, hardening of the arteries, and any abnormality where calcium deposits or spurs may cause pain. When there is too much calcium in the blood and not enough in the bones, the body through parathyroids starts to pull out calcium from the bone, which can lead to health problems. Therefore, ensuring a high enough dietary intake of calcium is essential for maintaining good health. Dairy products are a good source of calcium, and Ray Peat recommends four to six glasses of whole milk if you're not overweight or two percent if you don't want the fat so much. Another way to achieve high calcium in your dietary intake is by taking capsules of powdered eggshell. A quarter teaspoon of powdered eggshell three times a day is just over 2,000 milligrams of calcium, which can be very beneficial in terms of decreasing blood calcium and increasing uptake of calcium into the bones.

User: is the calcium phosphorus ratio base on grams

PeatBot: The context suggests that the calcium phosphorus ratio is based on ounces, not grams. The speaker mentions keeping whole grains and beans to not more than eight ounces a day, or meat not more than eight ounces a day, and recommends a ratio of eight ounces of protein source for calcium to phosphate.

Last edited:
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
You can now use "Stripe" for purchasing account upgrades to the forum which allows you to pay with credit card, Apple Pay, Android Pay, Google Pay and Microsoft Pay.

Account upgrades can be made at this link: https://raypeatforum.com/community/account/upgrades

bookshelf

I understand why you are going to a subscription and I appreciate that, at this point, it has become somewhat of a necessity. Still, it makes me sad that RP's work - which was mostly free - now, in essence, has a price tag. I recognize that there are other venues that feature his work and the collective contribution of others that don't have these limitations but I especially enjoyed this community. I'm sorry to say that it is prohibitive for me to continue but wish you all the best going forward.

Infinite

Wow! Hope I still keep my posting privileges. But I host websites so I now how costly it can get. I recommend using cloudflare with the antibot/security features. Works great for me!

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Wow! Hope I still keep my posting privileges. But I host websites so I now how costly it can get. I recommend using cloudflare with the antibot/security features. Works great for me!
You are good as you were grandfathered in.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals