Thread of better quality food options (UK)

Jayvee

I have 2 bottles of cynomel and 2 bottles of cynoplus unopened that farmacia del nino accidentally sent me after thinking my original order was lost in the post and it's too expensive to send back to them and I cant afford to pay for this order twice. Is anyone interested in buying it so I can send them the money?

milkandhoney

Do you guys think the free range eggs sold at waitrose / tesco and other general supermarkets are safe to consume raw?

If not, what eggs that can be bought in the UK would you feel are safe to eat raw?

Thank you :)

FitnessMike

Do you guys think the free range eggs sold at waitrose / tesco and other general supermarkets are safe to consume raw?

If not, what eggs that can be bought in the UK would you feel are safe to eat raw?

Thank you :)
i was eating them all raw for a long time yes, Waitrose is such a rip-off for the same shi tt, 12 organic eggs medium size in Sainsbury for 4.70 goo deal

FitnessMike

Which brands of honey do you recommend? Looking to buy in bulk.
I buy off ebay from Lithuania i think, medus its called 3kg buckets, i always buy 4 buckets

What's going on in the UK with Beef Gelatin powder? Can't seem to get great lakes, NOW etc. None of the big brands.

Can they not import them anymore?

What are people in the UK doing for beef gelatin powder?
Ossa do a grass fed gelatin as well as collagen. I used to get Planet Paleo but for some reason they stopped supplying pure gelatin powder and only do collagen flavoured powders now I dont know why. Right now I only do collagen for convenience reasons (dissolves better and quicker in hot drinks) anyways right now but will probably go for Ossa when I decide to integrate gelatin again

Ossa Pasture Raised Bovine Gelatin 400g Beef Gelatine Powder 100% Natural Keto Paleo Protein Powder with Essential Amino Acids Unflavoured Stabiliser https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08J849ZDW/

Maybe the flour that goes into making it is fortified, but then they don't add it again to the cereal?
The ingredients in my Lidl Special Flakes are: wholegrain wheat, ground rice, sugar, freeze dried fruits, brown invert sugar syrup, barley malt extract, salt, glucose syrup.

I am pretty sure I bought some Choco Pops from Lidl without added iron and vitamins. ?
That's because by law it only needs to be fortified if it's plain wheat flour. I assume as this is whole grain wheat, it wouldn't fall under that category so as far as I know whole grain wheat doesn't get fortified in the UK or at least isn't legally required to.

Sparks

Has anyone purchased good quality kefir grains in the UK please? I would greatly appreciate a recommendation as I want to make kefir from raw milk again. Thank you.

Lizb

How are you making gelatin from bones? Which ones and where do you buy them?
I find chicken wings the best but I'm buying them from Marks and Spencer. Some say arsenic can be a problem from chicken.

Peatress

How are you making gelatin from bones? Which ones and where do you buy them?
I find chicken wings the best but I'm buying them from Marks and Spencer. Some say arsenic can be a problem from chicken.
I'm having the same dilemma. I find it frustrating that I can't walk into a butchers and find cuts of meat, such as leg or tail, which is organic. I think ordering online is the best option which I am not keen on doing.

Try Waitrose for organic chicken wings

Lizb

@Peatress thank you. I can get to Waitrose. Online meat mainly arrives frozen and in big packs; there's only two of us. Do you follow The Edge on Instagram? She's in the UK but somehow she seems to have everything on her doorstep!

Peatress

@Peatress thank you. I can get to Waitrose. Online meat mainly arrives frozen and in big packs; there's only two of us. Do you follow The Edge on Instagram? She's in the UK but somehow she seems to have everything on her doorstep!
Sadly, I'm not on social media.

Which part of the country does The Edge live?

Last edited:

Lizb

Sadly, I'm not on social media.

Which part of the country does The Edge live?
I don't know. I'll ask her.
By the way I have in my hands a new paper back copy of From PMS to Menopause.
I got it from Keith Littlewood.

Peatress

I don't know. I'll ask her.
By the way I have in my hands a new paper back copy of From PMS to Menopause.
I got it from Keith Littlewood.
Thanks. It would be great to have a hard copy of the book. It's sold out at the moment.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals