Thyroid Dose Increase Causes Anxiety: Why?

Jayvee

Have you had a full thyroid panel done? Alongside hormones. What is your diet like? Are you hitting all your nutrient needs and caloric needs? I wouldnt even consider thyroid until these are done. You could either be pushing on the gas peddle too much, not have enough fuel on board and/or you could need to adjust your thyroid meds accordingly. For me, I had high thyroid antibodies and once I dialled in my nutrition, meditated, got good work life balance and lessened the burden on my system could I actually properly gauge where my health is. My temps went up nearly a whole degree doing those things without thyroid, which goes to show that nutrition and lifestyle should always be the first things to dial in before taking thyroid.

OP
M

mgrabs

If the side effects persist after trying to optimize diet and cover for any deficiencies than that would be true for thyroid too.

Thyroid is tricky if not done properly and some peoole just feel bad while on it due to individualised response.

AFAIK Haidut is one of them I believe and cannot take thyroid for more than a couple of days. I bet he tried a thing or two to make it work but it didn't.

I LOVE thyroid btw. Been on it for a bit more than a month and the results are nothing short of a miracle even with a somewhat healthy thyroid function. But this is not the case for many people.
Great to hear! What was your starting dose? And what are you at now dose wise? What was your TSH

OP
M

mgrabs

Have you had a full thyroid panel done? Alongside hormones. What is your diet like? Are you hitting all your nutrient needs and caloric needs? I wouldnt even consider thyroid until these are done. You could either be pushing on the gas peddle too much, not have enough fuel on board and/or you could need to adjust your thyroid meds accordingly. For me, I had high thyroid antibodies and once I dialled in my nutrition, meditated, got good work life balance and lessened the burden on my system could I actually properly gauge where my health is. My temps went up nearly a whole degree doing those things without thyroid, which goes to show that nutrition and lifestyle should always be the first things to dial in before taking thyroid.
Im in that process right now. I cant seem to increase over a grain. But in the Meantime ive been fueling my body like crazy. more balanced meals more fruit and meat and i do notice a difference with less anxiety but now im gaining weight! Lol. The anxiety end of the day has now turned into being tired at the end of the day. Im wondering if im lowering stress hormones or not.very confusing cause my waking temps are still under 97 degrees.

PopSocket

Great to hear! What was your starting dose? And what are you at now dose wise? What was your TSH
TSH prior was 0,7-0,8. Now it is 0.54. Currently on 6 drops of tyromix.

Started on 4-5 drops and after the initial euphoria period I also got anxiety and had to back down a bit and adjust diet before bumping again. More liver, oysters , had to reintroduce milk and cucumbers into the diet and take the thyroid with magnesium bicarbonate.

I add 2 drops of tyromix inside 330ml coconut water , add about 20-30ml of 4 milligrams per ml magnesium bicarb concentrate and drink it in the span of 15-25mins. Now I am back to euphoria and plan to increase dose until I get sides or TSH goes to 0.4.

OP
M

mgrabs

TSH prior was 0,7-0,8. Now it is 0.54. Currently on 6 drops of tyromix.

Started on 4-5 drops and after the initial euphoria period I also got anxiety and had to back down a bit and adjust diet before bumping again. More liver, oysters , had to reintroduce milk and cucumbers into the diet and take the thyroid with magnesium bicarbonate.

I add 2 drops of tyromix inside 330ml coconut water , add about 20-30ml of 4 milligrams per ml magnesium bicarb concentrate and drink it in the span of 15-25mins. Now I am back to euphoria and plan to increase dose until I get sides or TSH goes to 0.4.
What is that mixture equivalent to? A grain? How much t4 & t3 is that

kimbriel

What is the mechanism behind immediate anxiety and “out of body” feeling when you increase your dose of thyroid? Im on 1 grain bumping up another 1/4 grain..

Ive been on a grain for a few weeks.. started to get hypo symptoms again which is why I wanted to bump up.

I’m trying to go slow but the anxiety makes you wanna go backwards!

Chalk me up for another one who says it's adrenaline and/or cortisol. T3 will reveal problems in those areas.

I personally take a truckload of thyroid medication (due to having Hashimoto's) and I have never felt better in my life! In the beginning, I did have to take adaptogens to lower my cortisol, but it's been life-changing for me.

Jayvee

Im in that process right now. I cant seem to increase over a grain. But in the Meantime ive been fueling my body like crazy. more balanced meals more fruit and meat and i do notice a difference with less anxiety but now im gaining weight! Lol. The anxiety end of the day has now turned into being tired at the end of the day. Im wondering if im lowering stress hormones or not.very confusing cause my waking temps are still under 97 degrees.

Then dont take over a grain. It's a slow process. Are you using cronometer? It can be something as simple as one nutrient being out when your cranking up thyroid. How is your magnesium intake? And what brand of thyroid are you taking? If you are getting a strong stress reaction then I'd ease off or stop as that will be doing the opposite to what you want. If I was you (and my experience was similar) i would instead focus on calming down ALL the stress system. Things like Rhodiola, Ashwaghanda, Theanine, meditation, work sabbatical, lifestyle changes, Taurine, magnesium Oil etc it could simply be the stress is impairing your thyroid function and rectifying this on it's own could reap bigger rewards. It's the problem with Ray's interviews, it makes you feel like thyroid is the only option but the reality is A LOT of people do better with just diet and lifestyle stuff and then thyroid comes in at the end if needs be.

OP
M

mgrabs

Then dont take over a grain. It's a slow process. Are you using cronometer? It can be something as simple as one nutrient being out when your cranking up thyroid. How is your magnesium intake? And what brand of thyroid are you taking? If you are getting a strong stress reaction then I'd ease off or stop as that will be doing the opposite to what you want. If I was you (and my experience was similar) i would instead focus on calming down ALL the stress system. Things like Rhodiola, Ashwaghanda, Theanine, meditation, work sabbatical, lifestyle changes, Taurine, magnesium Oil etc it could simply be the stress is impairing your thyroid function and rectifying this on it's own could reap bigger rewards. It's the problem with Ray's interviews, it makes you feel like thyroid is the only option but the reality is A LOT of people do better with just diet and lifestyle stuff and then thyroid comes in at the end if needs be.
Thanks for the understanding. That’s definitely what im trying to do.i do notice when taking thyroid i would be too rammy and not sleep. Now its switching to being very very tired. What makes you tired from thyroid?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals